A word of advice for tomorrow's patch for relatively new players...

+

rrc

Forum veteran
If you haven't bought the pre-order pack and if you don't have enough ores and scraps to build at least one full SY deck, you are going to be stomped on by SY players (who either bought the pre-order pack or have enough ores/scraps). Every single non SY deck will be crushed by SY (with the exception being, you playing SK; where you can have a fighting chance). There is nothing any other faction can do due to insane power creep of SY faction.

This insane power creep complaint is not only from me, it is from SirPumpkn; and he even joked that "if you only play NR, uninstall the game" and even joked that "can we please delete the ST faction and completely rework", "The only factions that may be able to fight SY are, SK <and after a long pause> and that is it" and last but not the least, "The devs have accidentally added a 1 in front of the actual numbers for the leader provisions.. every SY leader should have 10 less provisions". [edit/add: a new one "Shall we play ST before it stops existing"]

Every single of your card you play will be inferior to the SY counterpart (unless you play SY dual card). A hot-fix will hit next week definitely, but it would only fix a few of the all broken cards from SY. So, until next month (or whenever CDPR decides to wake the hell up and bring other factions' bronzes to SY-SK level) just stick with Arena. Or, trust me I am serious, mill NR, ST and NG cards you have now and craft SY deck (and don't touch SK, CDPR always loves SK and will keep them competitive). If you are not doing either, good luck to finding a non-SY decks.

Breli

Forum regular
Your assessment is a bit overly apocalyptic for my taste but SY is going to be very very strong for sure. And comparing the bronze core of SY with ST or NR makes you laugh or cry ;) ...

I guess it has to be this way. The newest stuff needs to be cool to incentivise playrate and of course purchases. Just imagine it would be mediocre and all streamers would cry "don't buy those kegs" ...

I am looking forward to it TBH. Lets see how good it really is and how difficult it will be to master the new mechanics.

What I wonder is how decks are doing that profit from hardly any enemy interactions, as SY doesn't seem to have that much control/continous damage or at least nothing compared to NR, ST and NG.

A hot-fix will hit next week definitely, but it would only fix a few of the all broken cards from SY.
It seems quite an OP faction, some cards are just ridiculous. Maybe a hotfix was prepared as part of the development of the new faction, to be rolled out a few weeks after hype and launch. That would be quite efficient. :beer:
I guess it has to be this way. The newest stuff needs to be cool to incentivise playrate and of course purchases. Just imagine it would be mediocre and all streamers would cry "don't buy those kegs"
What kind of complaisant thinking is that? It doesn't have to be this way at all. A new faction with new abilities and mechanics is interesting and cool enough. Making it OP and severely unbalancing the game at introduction would certainly not be cool and would be an insult to the players. We'll see.

DRK3

Forum veteran
True, that Syndicate will probably be OP for its first week, maybe first month, but at least everyone will be trying it out on their own, no metadecks and no guides, making every deck the same, so the new players, who dont really know how mechanics work will be on a closer level to older players, who will take sometime to figure out the new mechanics too.

It's a shame CDPR didnt have time to balance the other factions, but they probably were pressured to release this faction earlier to get a boost in attention from the playerbase, and get new players.

If you haven't bought the pre-order pack and if you don't have enough ores and scraps to build at least one full SY deck, you are going to be stomped on by SY players (who either bought the pre-order pack or have enough ores/scraps). Every single non SY deck will be crushed by SY (with the exception being, you playing SK; where you can have a fighting chance). There is nothing any other faction can do due to insane power creep of SY faction.

This insane power creep complaint is not only from me, it is from SirPumpkn; and he even joked that "if you only play NR, uninstall the game" and even joked that "can we please delete the ST faction and completely rework", "The only factions that may be able to fight SY are, SK <and after a long pause> and that is it" and last but not the least, "The devs have accidentally added a 1 in front of the actual numbers for the leader provisions.. every SY leader should have 10 less provisions". [edit/add: a new one "Shall we play ST before it stops existing"]

Every single of your card you play will be inferior to the SY counterpart (unless you play SY dual card). A hot-fix will hit next week definitely, but it would only fix a few of the all broken cards from SY. So, until next month (or whenever CDPR decides to wake the hell up and bring other factions' bronzes to SY-SK level) just stick with Arena. Or, trust me I am serious, mill NR, ST and NG cards you have now and craft SY deck (and don't touch SK, CDPR always loves SK and will keep them competitive). If you are not doing either, good luck to finding a non-SY decks.

This is so funny, I can't stop laughing. I do believe that not many players in lower ranks will play SY, and if they do, with no good results. To win a game, you need to know the cards, card combos and where exactly play them. You need also a deck with cards that actually synergise with each other. In my opinion it's more viable in lower ranks to play well known deck than something hardly known and badly built. So relax, it won't be so bad. And by the way, that part about milling NR sounds pretty disrespectful.

The expansion coul be followed for an overaull of the underpowered cards (the bad ones).It is understandable why a new expansion and not just a general adjustment since the game should follow a growth rate, especially with the next release in mobile.
Even so, I am not in favor of a new faction with so much power without helping the existing ones at the same time.

The Syndicate bronce package is way more powerfull, so, this could indicate the future of the average for these cards, if not, well....bad time to be a ST :beer:

ST actually fells like "pay 5, play 4" when SY "pay 4, play 6".

rrc

Forum veteran
Don't go all in on SY because they will just nerf it hard soon enough.
Well, that is what we all thought when Svalblod Priest was buffed unreasonably and was made broken OP, and yet, here we are after two months (going strong on 3rd month) without him getting balanced. When I was a small kid, one of my friends drew a big line on his notebook and asked "How do you make this line small?" and I immediately rushed and told "I would erase part of the line" for that he replied "No, you shouldn't erase it. Now, how can you make it small". When I couldn't figure out he told me "You just draw a bigger line near that". I was super fascinated and was awe struck. Later I found out that it is a standard puzzle :)

The point is, this is how CDPR operates now. When people were complaining about SK being too OP, the just brought a even-more-broken-OP faction. Now, people will not complaint about SK, they have SY to worry about. They may tone down SY a bit and bring it to SK level and we will all be happy about it. All the while the rest of the three factions will be thinking "why the hell am I even in this damn game?" Honestly I am losing hope every day that CDPR wants all factions to be playable. There may be one single deck in the other three factions which on red-coin and good-hand and lucky scenario may strive, while SK and SY can bring 4+ different decks and play all their hearts out.

I would still want to hope CDPR brings a big decent balance patch by the end of July. If they don't, then there are only two options for players playing other faction. Either switch to SY or SK or just quit the game.

Well, that is what we all thought when Svalblod Priest was buffed unreasonably and was made broken OP, and yet, here we are after two months (going strong on 3rd month) without him getting balanced. When I was a small kid, one of my friends drew a big line on his notebook and asked "How do you make this line small?" and I immediately rushed and told "I would erase part of the line" for that he replied "No, you shouldn't erase it. Now, how can you make it small". When I couldn't figure out he told me "You just draw a bigger line near that". I was super fascinated and was awe struck. Later I found out that it is a standard puzzle :)

The point is, this is how CDPR operates now. When people were complaining about SK being too OP, the just brought a even-more-broken-OP faction. Now, people will not complaint about SK, they have SY to worry about. They may tone down SY a bit and bring it to SK level and we will all be happy about it. All the while the rest of the three factions will be thinking "why the hell am I even in this damn game?" Honestly I am losing hope every day that CDPR wants all factions to be playable. There may be one single deck in the other three factions which on red-coin and good-hand and lucky scenario may strive, while SK and SY can bring 4+ different decks and play all their hearts out.

I would still want to hope CDPR brings a big decent balance patch by the end of July. If they don't, then there are only two options for players playing other faction. Either switch to SY or SK or just quit the game.

I am fortunate to be able to play any faction or deck that I want. Feel bad for new and poor players though.

I want to note two things.

1) While we (the gamer) may discuss/debate on specifics, I think we all agree that we want all factions to be competitive. And I also think we can agree that competitive means that, when two normal (= average) players play against each other, then no matter the faction, the outcome should be 50% on the long run. I don't think that is achieved by CDPR

2) Nobody is forced to be limited to just one faction. The core of the competitive part of the game is an MMR that's calculated from 4 out of 5 (soon either 4 out of 6 or 5 out of 6) factions. This allows for more variety and to not be stuck with a faction, should the balancing be off. What I mean by this is, that it is not just black and white. Not just either or.

It's pretty clear that new Gwent is way harder to balance, it's time to start the roadmap back to old Gwent.

Why nerf the new faction?!? Just boost NR, NG, ST and MO to power level of SY. Give them some "broken" cards and mechanics with possibilities of sick combos to be competitive... :cry:

Why nerf the new faction?!? Just boost NR, NG, ST and MO to power level of SY. Give them some "broken" cards and mechanics with possibilities of sick combos to be competitive... :cry:

Power Creep

The devs were supposed to stop doing that and keep everything at the same level.

I think the first week or so will be pretty fun because SY looks strong but also more complex. So I guess it will be a viable strategy to play strong decks of the 5 older factions until a SY meta is etablished. And then there will be also decent counters to SY decks.
Post automatically merged:

I can't wait to try demavend versus SY decks.

That´s the right attitude :cool:

Top Bottom