A "World of the Witcher" trailer for TW3 (please)

+
A "World of the Witcher" trailer for TW3 (please)

I was watching the trailer "World of the Witcher" for TW2 for the 238904th time.
This was the ideal trailer for a game like this in my opinion.

Great writing and voice acting. Great art and cinematography. Great atmosphere. Interesting characters and situations everywhere.
This is how you make a trailer for a mature story-driven role playing game.
No Two steps from hell music. No explosions or fights. 40 seconds of scenes with the game engine -- everything else with artworks and words.

Can we use this card again for TW3?

As I said in the other thread, I think without a doubt they've got a Trailer planned with Charles Dance doing a VO for it.

Hopefully all the Witcher 3 Trailers are as tasteful & remarkable as The Witcher 2. Although I guess if they're doing TV Spots this time around they probably will have to be a little more action-y & condensed, I just hope no Wub Wub nonsense.

TV spots are for america I'd imagine. It's not really the core Witcher market, they're just trying to pierce it.

There are 220 people living in Poland, and 200 of them are working on The Witcher 3, the others browse the forums :p

No, on a more serious note there might but do you think that would really be needed? Witcher is quite big in Poland is the impression I get.

It's huge here ( at least between gamers and fantasy lovers [And none of us is watchng TV anymore] ) but still TV is TV and they will show it anyway I guess.

Last edited:
TV spots are for america I'd imagine. It's not really the core Witcher market, they're just trying to pierce it.

Well that's precisely what I meant. Being that those TV Spots will be very short they'll probably be the only ones I don't expect to be on-par with TW2 & focus more on just the Action, as long as they don't include Wub Wub nonsense I have absolutely 0 issues with them existing.

My idea of ideal "world trailer" would be a scene from a Nilfgaardian Solider Academy
in far future (when Geralt and others would be long buried. Similar to the scene in the lady of the lake book) where the professor/teacher would lecture students about the past Empires third invasion to North describing the circumstances (of course not mentioning who won in the end) and explaining how for example Temeria was conquered and northern armies forced to retreat behind the Pontar River.

A narrative with nice visual flashbacks to the war, would explain nicely to the new players the world state of the witcher game.

Last edited:
@Cheylus I think they'll do it, because TW1 had world trailer too.

As @Damariel Alunnar said, you surprised me. I had no idea this vid existed.
I just happened to pick up my copy of the Witcher while going on a hunch. Hadn't seen any videos prior to my purchase, so it was a very good hunch indeed! ^_^

Yeah, I also would like to see the state of the world before playing Witcher 3.Ideally it would be about Nilfgaard's invasion and what front that stopped them, creating a No man's land in the first place. I also would like to hear how the other countries fared since Witcher 2.

Actually, I'd be glad to see or hear anything of Witcher 3 regardless. Come on devs, throw us a bone please! ::)

Is there a Polish version of the Witcher 1 world trailer as well? I really like the Polish voiceovers in general for TW1 and TW2, I'm still undecided whether I'll stick with them for TW3 or be swayed by Charles Dance...

Top Bottom