Aardable Cave-Ins ???

+
Aardable Cave-Ins ???

I dont know if it is supossed to be this way, but i can't Aard some obstructions in the caves.http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Aard_SignIn the url above, there are some examples of "Aardables" walls and cave-ins, but the only one i can Aard is the first one (the wall).I didn't put any point in Aard sign since the beginning of the game, i just kept it with the only level i got automatically in the beginning. Do i need to increase my Aard to break those cave-ins?Thank you.

I don't know where you are at the game, but if a wall or stone block is to collapse with the Aard sign, it will, no matter if you have it strong or not.Some places look "Aard-ables" but there 're not. Try it on whatever place you think it's necessary and you 'll find them all. ;)( If anyone thinks i 'm wrong, please correct me).

If you use Aаrd sign only for breaking walls, one level is enough.Some obstructions in the caves can disappear after you accomplish quest? Some one you never break through only pass around.

After awhile, you'll probably come to recognize which walls are Aardable and which aren't, just by their appearance, which is why there are pictures of Aardable walls and cave-ins in the Wiki. There are a lot of areas that are blocked off by non-Aardable cave-ins, and these tend to look like enormous piles of very heavy rocks.You do have to be close enough to a wall to Aard it, so if you're pretty sure that a wall is Aardable, but it still isn't going away, move closer and try again.There's a point in Chapter V where there are many small obstructions that look as if they should be Aardable, but only the one the game designers want you to be able to move actually is.

In Act V that is a very good point, the path through Old Vizima to the breach in the wall very much depends on which path you choose (Order, Scoia'tael or Witcher/neutral) in the previous act.In that case, it does not matter at all that the barricades "look" aard-able, only the "correct" ones will actually react to Aard.

Also take into consideration your location has to be indicated as "dangerous" to use Aard. Places which aren't dangerous all offensive actions are inactive including sword attacks.

What's the deal with the blocked Pathways in Crypts?The Map shows that the particular dungeon has more rooms/halls/corridors but I'm not able to pass because the corridors are blocked by many boulders.So how do I pass through? Can I break them with the Aard Sign? Are there any other entrances?I'm at Act II and this is frustrating since I explore every bit of every dungeonExamples are these: Cave in the Swamps, Crypt in the Sewers, Crypt in the Cemetery.Thanks.

yes you can break them with aard. haven't you tried that already? act 2 means plenty of places you missed on the way

Some crypts and caves plays a role in more acts. I know that the cave in the swamp plays a role in both act II and III.The then blocked path is used at a later stage. But sometimes it is also just being done to add some realism. Caves and especially crypts are long forgotten and so they collapse a bit.You can break some stones sometimes, but the big rock like stones cannot be moved.

Most of the blocked tunnels are deceiving and you can't "Aard" them away with a few exceptions but those are obvious that behind the rubble and debris... there is something hidden :eek:

It's also a kind of technical issue, I believe. The devs have re-used the same cave models for several different places within the game. For that reason, the caves are tweaked to have some differences in between them.

when i first entered the cabes in the swamps i used aard on the rubble and it didnt budge. so im not sure if you can at later stage as someone mentioned above. but as far as i know now. you cant. and also the red plants in the swamps that sprout from the ground are a pain in the ass. take loads of vitality off you yet cant even get a scratch on them. but yeah i also used aard in the crupts in old vizima. and the rubble there did not budge attal.

Lets be specific here:If you can see little bits of a scene through the wall, it is likely a breakable and thus an Aard-able construct.If it looks like the tunnel has had a rock cave-in, then most likely it is an artistic way of shaping the area you are in.There is a limited number of areas where this is not the case (e.g. where quest progress opens a new area), but in the interest of "no spoilers", I won't name specifics here.

There are only a very few occasions where you can Aard-away a blocked passage or what ever. This skill is mainly meant for combat to stun / knock down enemies. But it's useful to blow blockades away as well. Those occasions are very obvious.lord sevgul, I don't know if you refer Aard to the red plants (Archespores and Echinopse) but they are resistent to stun effects... but very susceptible to fire ;)

I guess that these cave-ins might have been added to add a little depth to the game- after all, it's highly inprobable that those crypts would have remained intact all those years...

Top Bottom