Aaron McCarlson Attacks. *Spoilers*

+
So did the gig where you have to steal footage from the Maelstrom gang for a detectives case, turns out it's really a cover for him killing someone. Well I choose to beat him up and keep the tape. When ever you go to the Malted Iguana Liquors bar to meet the Fixer he's there, when you walk in he starts to notice you like enemy AI do whilst also trying to start an interaction with you. He starts combat shooting you the only way to fight back is by running out ans shooting back, because while in the bar you can't draw your weapon. So you can't talk to him or the fixer.

Sounds like a weird situation. It would make sense that he's pissed at your character but everything else sounds unnecessarily chaotic.

Perhaps check out this info from support:
(there's not really a perfect topic for issues like that but this one should do - if their suggestion doesn't change anything, you can contact them by clicking on "contact us").

I guess you did not install any mods?

If you are not on PC (you didn't specify), on this website you can find the same topic for consoles as well.

Same issue here.
I spared him so Regina could use him.
His AI is hostile as soon as I enter the bar. He invites me for a drink and also starts shooting.
I wanted to talk to Dino so I just opened the door and shot Aaron's head from the street. Problem fixed.
It was possible to interact with his corpse and trigger some dialog choices so you can hear and read what V would say. Aaron's lines are not available though.

Same issue. I fixed it by crouching behind the bench while he shot at me was able to progress through all of the dialogue. Then I just non-lethaled him from the doorway.

same issue, i did knock him out in the original mission and he is immediately hostile upon seeing me in that bar.

I found a trick :) (Yes I'm French, dialogs line are in French and sorry about my English)
Quickly go behind the bar. Walk towards the wall and don't move. Let him talk to himself until the yellow dialogue bubble appears. Now go to the corner of the wall against the fridge and the yellow dialogue lines will appear. (Don't move or the dialogue lines will disappear) If this happens, jump on the roof of the bar, this will reset Aaron.
20201227110227_1.jpg

20201227110338_1.jpg

20201227112746_1.jpg
To reset Aaron :
20201227111250_1.jpg

20201227111303_1.jpg

20201227111313_1.jpg

20201227111322_1.jpg
Have fun !

Attachments

• 20201227110357_1.jpg
    20201227110357_1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 503
Yup, happens here as well. As a workaround as mentioned above, you can either shoot him non-lethaly from outside and have a conversation with his body (his audio doesn't play) or you can sneak around to the kitchen and talk to him through the wall from behind the fridge.

Hilariously, he draws his gun but never changes from his cross-legged sitting position, even while moving around the bar.

So did the gig where you have to steal footage from the Maelstrom gang for a detectives case, turns out it's really a cover for him killing someone. Well I choose to beat him up and keep the tape. When ever you go to the Malted Iguana Liquors bar to meet the Fixer he's there, when you walk in he starts to notice you like enemy AI do whilst also trying to start an interaction with you. He starts combat shooting you the only way to fight back is by running out ans shooting back, because while in the bar you can't draw your weapon. So you can't talk to him or the fixer.

I have this same problem for over a month now. Even if I kill him lethally he respawns soon as I take a few steps away outside the bar. Also if I kill him (lethal or non-lethal) and go in the bar, my gun is auto-holstered and can not be drawn, I am unable to attack or defend myself but there are some gangsters in the far back booth of the bar that automatically agro and start shooting at me inside the bar also.

To make matters worse, either Aaron, the gangsters or myself can easilly make the other patrons of the bar skittish, and they panic and run outside pausing several times like their AI is confused, then at least one of them will go outside and stand right in the doorway of the bar and cower down in fear waving their hands over their head. When this happens there is no way to exit the bar because the NPC is blocking the only way out. I can't draw my weapon and shoot the NPC or do anything to make them move, and attempting to try to jump doesn't work either, then I get killed by the 2 unkillable gang members from the far back booth.

I ended up having to reload a save game from before I went into the bar and just avoid going into that bar or ever talking to the fixer in there again until CDPR fixes this in a future patch hopefully.

photomode_12022021_075013.png

Broken auto-respawning Aaron:
1613138134079.png

I found a trick :) (Yes I'm French, dialogs line are in French and sorry about my English)
Quickly go behind the bar. Walk towards the wall and don't move. Let him talk to himself until the yellow dialogue bubble appears. Now go to the corner of the wall against the fridge and the yellow dialogue lines will appear. (Don't move or the dialogue lines will disappear) If this happens, jump on the roof of the bar, this will reset Aaron.
To reset Aaron :
Have fun !

Worked for me, thank you ^^
Still, the jumping on the bar stuff did nothing, or I did it wrong. He still aggroed on me, but I just ran out of the building and he seemed to de-spawn. So it's all good.

Thanks man!

Top Bottom