Abandoned Site in White Orchard!

+
Abandoned Site in White Orchard!

I can't clear the abandoned shrine in White orchard, tried going there all different times of the day and restarting the game etc. No monsters or bandit will show up and it remains uncleared for me. Does anyone else have this issue and is there someone who knows a way to get around it? Since i love doing everything there is i'm kinda annoyed that i got an unfinished "quest" on my map.

Having exactly the same problem. but there's even more! In White Orchard some treasure hunting quests are bugged, e.g. Deseter's gold just doesn't start if u already finished a couple 'treasuring' quests (temerian blah-bla-blah and Dirty Funds in my case). Spy Notes just simply goes to usable, not quest, section of inventory and quest doesn't start. Can be even worse: before I decided to start a new game on max difficulty level I had almost same problem with Dirty Funds -- this time quest started, but notes once again went into usable, so I wasn't able to make next step about reading them. Hope u'll fix all that kind of problems, coz it's really confusing for people who like to finish games really at 100%

I have been able to clear all hidden locations in White Orchard besides the abandoned shrine the ghouls won't spawn for me.

I am also experiencing this... Super bummed too, as it's the last thing I nerd to do in WO... how cdpr/someone fixes/finds a work around for this one soon

I can confirm this has happened to myself also, and after exhaustively visiting ever hour of every day for 24 hours, the 3 ghouls which I am lead to believe should be standing around the lady statue/shrine, are in fact, not there at all. It's worth noting I left this until last having seen the posts about it not working, and that didn't alter its malfunction in any way.

At one point I got two bears, but I believe they are hanging about the Place of Power, and evidently wandered bit far.

It is worth noting, I have seen this abandoned site work correctly on both Xbox One, and PS4. So it appears it's a PC only issue.

A lot of people are confusing this with the other abandoned site, near the sawmill. You can tell if they are referring to that one -erroneously- as they say a herbalist moves in to sell goods.

I have written to CDRed and at this time haven’t received a reply. Hopefully it will be Skyrim-esque, in that we can type something into the console to get the bleeders to appear!

Hope this overly long post helps!

AK

Actually I'm on the ps4 and am taking about the abandoned site in the south east-ish part of wrote orchard. :/

---------- Updated at 04:13 PM ----------

Ps4 here and I'm talking about the shrine where ghouls are supposed to appear just easy of the abandoned village/town

---------- Updated at 04:18 PM ----------

Sorry for multipost, please reference my below post as this is not a PC exclusive issue

Didn't have a problem with that shrine in White orchard on my xbox one. I am having some issues with some of the ones in the next area though.

Firstly thank you very much for your reports. We are aware of the issue and we will investigate so we can fix it soon : ) Please report any POI that has issue with spawning and we will check if there are any issues.

Possible solution for now is to save and load the game. Please to that while being not in sight of the POI. Also meditating at the site won't help as for mechanics reasons (so that player will not be attacked while meditating) monsters will not spawn near meditating player.

Having the same problem (White Orchard abandoned site) with 1.03 installed. Started the game with 1.02.

I've had Ghouls at the shrine in both 1.02 and after restart in 1.03 PC. There have been occasions when the site has been unoccupied, but travelling back and forth along that road I saw ghouls more often than not, and completed the quest in both plays.

Same problem version 1.03.I started to playing in 1.02 version.Save-Load didn t solve.Please fix this little problem...

... Also meditating at the site won't help as for mechanics reasons (so that player will not be attacked while meditating) monsters will not spawn near meditating player.

That is interesting. I faced the same problem (no monsters), so i decided to meditated near to the place. The meditation was interrupted and the monster were here. I killed them and everything was fine :). I`m playing on PC

Firstly thank you very much for your reports. We are aware of the issue and we will investigate so we can fix it soon : ) Please report any POI that has issue with spawning and we will check if there are any issues.

Possible solution for now is to save and load the game. Please to that while being not in sight of the POI. Also meditating at the site won't help as for mechanics reasons (so that player will not be attacked while meditating) monsters will not spawn near meditating player.

Thank you for the attention taken, means a lot to know we don't fall on deaf ears!

Also please take note that areas where NPC's are supposed to spawn after all threats are eliminated are not being filled with NPC's on my ps4 digital copy of the game as well.

Other than these few bug hiccups, I can safely say this one of the game I've ever played! Keep up the good work!

nope the solution posted by GingerNaTT didn't work. I've moved on and will try again after Velen

Same problem in Xbox One, no spawn, and when i kill monsters, they no spawn again, i have all maps clear of monsters :/

Sorry for my bad english

Just to help you narrow down the issue... I think once you visit an area ( one of the little ? Marked icons on the map) the enemies will spawn the very first time, however if you ignore it and choose to pass that area they will not be there the next time you go back to that area. I noticed that with most of the places of power I visited and then later when I traveled back there there was no longer a wraith to defend the shrine. This makes it very frustrating to try and get any exploring or story missions completed without having to worry about completing every ? Mark you come across or accidentally encounter. I know it's only a few days past launch but I would really appreciate it if you resolved this issue as fast as possible so we can all get off the forums and get back to playing rather than having to worry about another glitch ruining our experience and having to backtrack because of it. You guys did an amazing job on the rest of the game for the record. That's the only reason I'm so disappointed by this.

---------- Updated at 11:19 PM ----------

@Kelryth: it's most likely because you already past by that area and choose not to kill them the first time. They don't appear to respawn after the first time. This is what I'm noticing when I load an earlier save. I always keep a backup of an earlier save in case one of these glitches occur so I can test the results. I'm not a cdprojekt employee by the way. Just putting that out there. Trust me I know it sucks and I hope support sees my messages

confirmed.

Having exactly the same problem. but there's even more! In White Orchard some treasure hunting quests are bugged, e.g. Deseter's gold just doesn't start if u already finished a couple 'treasuring' quests (temerian blah-bla-blah and Dirty Funds in my case). Spy Notes just simply goes to usable, not quest, section of inventory and quest doesn't start. Can be even worse: before I decided to start a new game on max difficulty level I had almost same problem with Dirty Funds -- this time quest started, but notes once again went into usable, so I wasn't able to make next step about reading them. Hope u'll fix all that kind of problems, coz it's really confusing for people who like to finish games really at 100%

Ive also had this same issue. Completed dirty funds along my exploring and then stumbled upon these spy notes which for me as well just went into usable items instead of quest items and said quest hasn't started. I hope you guys can fix these bugs soon. For now I'll just have to keep my ocd in check and move on :/ I also have the same problem with the abandoned shrine. Playing on Xbox one digital copy

Last edited:
with the spy one, there was a note that said the guy was spying on a farm with deserters or bandit or something. but I'd already cleared that place out. Would that invalidate the quest?

Top Bottom