Abandoned Site in White Orchard!

+
I bought the game for the PS4 yesterday, so I'm starting from scratch with 1.11. As it is now, it's just a useless shrine where I can light a candle, since the enemies won't spawn. It's pretty sad that a bug like this still hasn't been patched.

Just started a new game on PC this week and I'm having this problem still. Tried everything including reloading and meditating both near and far from the shrine. Please fix... my OCD is going nuts over it...

Date 28th December 2015.
Witcher 3 Version : 1.11.
Hearts of Stone and all DLC installed and activated.
5th Play-Through, First NG+
The issue still occurs as originally stated, however x3 Ghouls will sometimes spawn when visiting the Abandoned Site. Killing all Ghouls does not "Complete" the Abandoned Site at the Shrine (as in grey out the icon, and show a short cutscene with population returning and message displayed on screen confirming the same).
Hope this helps.

Andy

Still exists on Patch 1.11 for PC.

The only workaround that exists is making sure to meditate until night time before going to the abandoned site and verifying that there are FOUR (4) ghouls spawned. If there are only 3, then it will bug because the fourth ghoul required to clear the site will not spawn.

Hi, I had the same problem as everyone else (started playing TW3 this weekend, so 1.11 for me too). I went there, managed to kill 3 ghouls *I think, can't remember* and nothing else happened. Tried everything listed on the entire internet as possible workarounds for nothing.

Today I started a new game just to check if I could get the POI to be completed and this is what happened:

Saved the game far away from the srine - as soon as I went outside the inn and brawled with those guys.
Went to the site and found 3 ghouls there.
Passed through them leaving them alive and went far, far away. Saved and got my way back there to find zero ghouls. Loaded, tried to meditate and went back there to find, again, zero ghouls.
Reloaded from just outside the inn back again. Went there and faced the, again, three ghouls that I found. Killed them, and went far, far away from the site. Saved. Loaded. Went back there (no meditation) and found the last ghoul.
Killed it and POI completed.

So this is how I managed to fix it. Hope this info helps anyone who's trying to get the POI completed and/or starting a new game and wants to get it done.

Hopefully it'll gonna get patched some day.

Cya

Just did it. Been there the first time there were only 3 ghouls killed them. Quest around a bit, meditate, returned and there was the fourth one alone, killed done 90xp

Just did it. Been there the first time there were only 3 ghouls killed them. Quest around a bit, meditate, returned and there was the fourth one alone, killed done 90xp

I will chime in and confirm, this is what happened with me too, so it looks like this thing is still bugged!

Can confirm the CDPR suggested workaround works.
Just head to the bridge a few seconds east of the shrine, save & load, then head back to the shrine.
The 4th and final ghoul will spawn and the shrine can be liberated.

The bug was fixed in a patch about 2 months ago. It's not that the workaround has always worked, it's that it works now for the first time. It's fixed now, and that's what matters. I never really posted to report this before, so I am doing so now.

Top Bottom