Abandoned Site in White Orchard!

+
Same problem here. Mainstory in Velen now lvl6 but... those mobs (in abandoned Site in white orchid, near shrine) dont spawn. Please fix in patch.

Having this issue as well on Xbox One. Save and load or meditating out of sight of the area hasn't worked to fix it either.

I am having the same issue and have been experiencing it since the release. I am playing on the Xbox One hard copy. I appreciate the 1.03 patch but I much rather have a working game with no bugs than having a lock 30 FPS as the main feature of a patch. Graphics don't mean a thing if the game is still broken. Please fix this.

Same. I tried during the day, during the night, while raining, while clear, looked all around the shrine, looked all around the abandoned village with the well. Killed the village's bear 3 times, saved, reloaded, meditated several times close to shrine, away from shrine, for 5 days straight, and nothing.

Edit: I think it happens if you kill the ghouls before you kill the noonwraith from the "Devil by the Well" contract.

I restarted the game and went to the shrine around noon, the ghouls were there, killed them and nothing happened. Reloaded the save and went to do the contract, killed the noonwraith and before collecting my reward I went to kill the ghouls. They weren't there at first but I meditated until 12:00 pm again and they spawned, killed them and it worked.

Last edited:
Hi GingerNett, Can you confirm you're also aware of and working on the issues Babar.867 mentions in the second post in this thread? I have that problem as well - you find some Spy Notes which are listed as a quest item when you pick them up, but they go in Usable Items and don't start a quest when read (and the hidden treasure icon in the map goes grey as if to indicate you've completed the quest). I have the original problem too - can't clear the shrine area as there's nothing to clear.

Regarding the Spy Notes problem, I've loaded up from before I picked the item up, so that if it gets fixed I can go pick it up and start the quest. Will it be in patch notes or something when it's fixed so I know when I can do it?

I can confirm the ghouls still aren't spawning after the patch of June 5. Did the usual run in, run out, meditate for a while, run back--no ghouls.

I had a lot of trouble with this on my first playground but just got it to work. I killed the few ghouls that were there, set rest until noon but was interrupted after two resting hours by one more ghoul. I killed him and the people came back.
I have already completed Devil By The Well if that could have affected it.
I'd say save before you try it and if it doesn't work just reload and come back to it later in the game as it didn't work for me earlier in this play through.
Hope that helps.

I've tried meditating as well as saving and loading at different distances. I've killed the bear twice. It's not working. I came back from Vellen/Novigrad before moving on to Skellige so that I could completely clear this out. In other words, until it's fixed, I won't be advancing.

I am using the latest patch.

I'm also having this same problem, I have the latest patch and am running the hard copy version of the game on PS4. I have saved and reloaded at different distances around the site, and have tried meditating in different areas as well to no avail.

I have been searching for White Gull in the game and found out you can get it from either Kiera Metz or this location once the site is cleared, however
I took the option to kill Kiera during the quest
and now I'm unable to clear this site.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated as I'm level 23 in the game and refuse to start over due to a bug, and just so I can simply obtain the alchemy ingredient White Gull. I hope that in future patches the bug at this abandoned site will be fixed.

This happened to me with the roadside shrine. I arrive there and it is empty. I run to the Place of Power that is behind it and return and the ghouls are now there.

---------- Updated at 04:24 AM ----------

I'm also having this same problem, I have the latest patch and am running the hard copy version of the game on PS4. I have saved and reloaded at different distances around the site, and have tried meditating in different areas as well to no avail.

I have been searching for White Gull in the game and found out you can get it from either Kiera Metz or this location once the site is cleared, however
I took the option to kill Kiera during the quest
and now I'm unable to clear this site.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated as I'm level 23 in the game and refuse to start over due to a bug, and just so I can simply obtain the alchemy ingredient White Gull. I hope that in future patches the bug at this abandoned site will be fixed.

You can buy the diagram to craft White Gull from herbalist in White Orchard, what's her name, Tonia? You know, the chick who directs you to some buckthorn.

Fix please.
I can't complete White Orchard 100% because of this one site.

Tried reloading a save. Meditading 2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours etc. Tried traveling to another sign post and then back. Nothing, the supposed ghouls don't respawn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom