Abandoned Site in White Orchard!

+
Problem for me and I assume others is the ghouls aren't showing up at all, day or night..

Incidentally, for those testing it by going back AFTER finishing the prologue, I suspect that it may not be possible then "by design", as you see the Wild Hunt destroy the shrine during the chase at the end of the prologue.

So it is gone after the prologue for the people that have done it? Otherwise that just does not make sense.

Yes, the herbalist is there during the prologue but the site is abandoned again after the chase cutscene.

There are other sites/characters you can clear/save and lose in game too, but to avoid spoilers I wont specify where & how.

Is there anyway of editing the save file to mark this as complete? The white POI on my map is really bugging me

I killed 3 ghouls and the 4th never appeared, ended up completing the main quest line for the area and now no matter how long I wait meditate or run around like a crazy person nothing is happening :(

I got it !!!
First I went there and it were 3 ghouls, but when I killed them nothing happend :(
So I wwnt to the other point of interest very close to this one (lost treasure with drowners) meditate there, and when I got back it was 1 ghoul... I only killed it and appeard the cutscene of the villagers getting back

Guest 3842565

This is still an issue in 1.08_03. Please RED, fix this already! This seems to be the only abandoned site in the game with such issue.

It still has this bug in 1.08.4.I have moved to the next chapter.And when I come back to the abandoned site nothing happens. Please! Please! Please! Fix this bug immediately! Tks!

Leave the POI and head out, kill some things, fast travel around, then return. You should see a final ghoul to kill. Job done. Annoying as balls, but seems to work for me each time.

Is this problem tied to a specific platform? I have a GOG copy and this was an issue a few patches back.
In my newest playthrough, all ghouls appeared as normal.

Yes, this is still a problem on PC. I have the physical CE, but it installs the GOG version.

No, fast-traveling and killing other monsters was the first thing I think everyone here tried, and it still doesn't work for me. Probably most other people, too.

Poisoning rabbits and deer doesn't work, either. :(

Found this thread via Google, looking for what I was doing wrong. I'm very sorry to report that 4 months after the first Red post in this thread, this is still an issue on PC. Just got the game a couple days ago... did all of the various acrobatics that I see everyone else has tried.

It's not an earth-shattering gamebreaking bug, but it's disheartening to find a blocker to zone completion in the very first zone. Any reason why there's never been a fix for this...?

Every time I have done this shrine I have encountered 3 ghouls the first time I get there and I have to return or meditate a bit before the last one that triggers the change spawns.

Guest 3842565

I made some research and this is how it looks like: you must clear this site during the prologue. If you are still in the prologue, you are likely to encounter 3 ghouls there. Once you kill them and meditate, a 4th one will appear. Once you rescue the site, there will be people praying and a herbalist NPC. Now, when you have already finished the prologue, if you return there, the site will be empty (no people, not NPC, no monsters). If you did not clear it during the prologue, it will be empty too, with no way to clear it.

So currently the only solution is to make sure to clear it during the prologue.

Stumbled upon this too in my third playthrough on PS4, v1.08: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBLw-R6oaw

The point of this new playthrough was to finish all side quests, all points of interests etc on Death March difficulty – since I cannot find any other game as fun to play as Witcher 3 ;) But now it seems I'm stuck. And I did finish the prologue (killed griffin, rode away with Yen).

Firstly thank you very much for your reports. We are aware of the issue and we will investigate so we can fix it soon : ) Please report any POI that has issue with spawning and we will check if there are any issues.

Possible solution for now is to save and load the game. Please to that while being not in sight of the POI. Also meditating at the site won't help as for mechanics reasons (so that player will not be attacked while meditating) monsters will not spawn near meditating player.

So this was over 4 months ago and the bug still persists. Any word on this please? Give us a siiiign! ; ;

I freed the abandoned site, and now? Just 4 persons near the statue with candles. Is this the resettlement of the abandoned site?

Top Bottom