Abandoned Site in White Orchard!

+
This isn't a game breaker compared to other issues; hell there's plenty of other abandoned sites to clear and this ones only in the prologue!!

Just a Save/Reload spawns the last ghoul for me, every time. Yes, it is a Shrine, labeled as abandoned site because the worshipers cannot get to it unless Geralt clears the area.

Remains unfixed in 1.10. Guess it wasn't in CDP's top 600 list of things to patch. Yet another disappointment with this patch,

Are they kidding? Months since the last patch and it's still not fixed? At least give us the console command to spawn the monsters in. Jeese....

Fixed on PS4 with patch 1.11. Finally! One less OCD to worry about!

When I approached the abandoned site, hope fueled my pumping heart when I saw (for the very first time since May) three ghouls chilling around the deserted altar. Then my blood froze -- where was the fourth one!? I quickly dispatched the bunch of peskies and, just to be sure, I walked away and meditated for a scant hour. When I came back, lo and behold! the fourth bugger was patiently waiting for his doom. Doomed he was, and a cutscene rewarded my patience along with 90 precious points of experience. After five long months of crying despair, the White Orchard was liberated.

Fixed on PS4 with patch 1.11. Finally! One less OCD to worry about!

When I approached the abandoned site, hope fueled my pumping heart when I saw (for the very first time since May) three ghouls chilling around the deserted altar. Then my blood froze -- where was the fourth one!? I quickly dispatched the bunch of peskies and, just to be sure, I walked away and meditated for a scant hour. When I came back, lo and behold! the fourth bugger was patiently waiting for his doom. Doomed he was, and a cutscene rewarded my patience along with 90 precious points of experience. After five long months of crying despair, the White Orchard was liberated.

Damn that really looks like a drama and I know that drama well,anyway very well written ma friend.Last time I was in the shrine the ghouls didn't even appeared,not a single one.I hope when I go back to White Orchard I may be blessed with the same luck as you did.

According to the patch notes for 1.11 on PC....
Fixes issue whereby ghouls failed to appear as intended near shrine in White Orchard.

Finally!

On PS4, just started the game a few days ago after first downloading a 15GB patch, but this is bugged for me.
Pretty frustrating really

It worked for me on PS4 with 1.11.
Went there and only found 3 ghouls...then I stood around the area and the last ghouls appeared outta nowhere.

Yeah had the same on 1.08.4, 3 ghouls at first, proceeded to slice them up, ran to the nearby bridge and back, last ghoul spawned.

I had this issue too. In my NG everything was fine, no problem.

When I started my NG+ (PS4, 1.08 ) this happened. Killed some monsters but nothing happened. I continued my game a very long time, putting this a side. I was in Skellige when I bumped in to some other annoying bug with Freya Be Praised (1.11) and I made a report to CDPR about that. At this same time I went back to check those few bugs I had found earlier. I found one lonely monster wandering in that WO shrine, killed it and the cutscene occurred. Everything was fine now :)

Those other bugs (in NG+) were: Guarded treasure which I couldn't loot ( bear in the woods near Lindenvale) and one abandoned site near Lindenvale, which I had found and cleared earlier, but after I did that Letho quest, it started to show ? again. All was fixed now :)

Excuse me, but I'm having the same issue in 1.11
When I started the game I didn't think I'd get so involved as to become a completionist. I advanced to Velen, and then decided to go back and do everything I missed. Now I cannot complete this abandoned site.

In my case, I didn't even go there before leaving White Orchard, so I didn't kill the 3 first ghouls. Now, when I go back, none of them spawn. Reading the patch notes I see that it should be fixed by now... Anyone managed to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm still having the problem in 1.11 too. I've already reached Velen and I can't find any ghouls at the abandoned site. Really disappointing. Also meditating, fast travelling and reloading the game are not solving the issue. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Last edited:
I started the game with Patch 1.11. the Problem is still there... tried meditating, reloading, fast travelling nothing worked? Who is testing these Patches?

Top Bottom