About Angry Joe's Reviews... (& me)

+
I rarely watch AngryJoe these days. I find his content to be a bit childish at times. That being said, he is a good game critique that I hold in high respect.

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed with his review. AJ gave the story high opinion without mentioning any of its issues like the high amount of fetch quests^W gigs, the lack of great side quests, poor or lacking communication between quest giver and your character, rather short main quest line, the awful pacing of the entire main story, etc.

AngryJoe also stated that "your choices actually matter" while I reckon the majority of choices does not matter at all. I was kind of questioning if we played the same game or not.
He did a extended video after this. Talking about these issues.

I follow Angry Joe's coverage of some games, and even Cyberpunk from years ago. He is not going to kiss your ass, including precious CDPR. He will genuinely be excited about things, but also turn around and give his honest thoughts. He doesn't cater to fanboys or gaming studios.

I think some of his humor is stupid, and I also skipped some parts of the review lol

I was REALLY expecting him to give this one a 4 out of 10 with a BAD ASS seal of approval! If ANY game could get that kind of score THIS would have been it!

I watched the hole thing and compared to others I thought he was rather kind. Joe usually tears ppl apart for this shit and this seemed rather somber without a lot of hate.

the lack of great side quests, poor or lacking communication between quest giver and your character, rather short main quest line
they even added fetch quests called Gigs to replace incredibly detailed side quests in Witcher

Fully agree. These are the main problems in my view. Everything else is forgivable, even the laughable hacker combat.

But not lousy quests. CDPR's main claim to fame is good side quests. They had around 100 in TW3. CP2077 has fewer side quests than TW2, which was CDPR's smallest game.

And, yes, it also has "gigs", which are mainly told through codex and phone conversations with 'fixers'. They're mindless and they follow around 5 cookie cutter templates: kill these guys and open a box, rescue this person, implant this virus, steal this object or car, or kill that cyberpsycho. Only occasionally are they something else, such as talk to a vending machine or meditate at a waterfall.

I did 90% of the gigs. I'm quite patient and I nearly always read the codex in games, but I started skipping it here. There's just nothing of note in any of them. Just loads of hot air about people going crazy from cyberware. 'Crazy' is just not interesting.

The most disturbing thing is that they thought this game was finished in early 2020 and it just needed debugging. Someone in a management position decided that 200 fetchy 'gig' quests was a finished game. And now they're saying they're proud of the PC version.

Yeah, this isn't the same CDPR that made TW3. That CDPR is dead.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but Angry Joe hops on the bandwagon of what people say.. I really can't take his content seriously. I don't hold his reviews in high regard.
He is better then IGN. He is funny. I laughed so hard at the principal scene. The scene with cool kids trying to seduce CDPR on the dark side its speaking reality. CDPR has pull an EA on us with this title.

He is better then IGN. He is funny. I laughed so hard at the principal scene. The scene with cool kids trying to seduce CDPR on the dark side its speaking reality. CDPR has pull an EA on us with this title.
I'm not saying he's not funny or entertaining. He makes some wacky content. I just don't take his public 'opinions' seriously.

Of course he focused on the PS4. Not the PC or next gen. It was like he was begging for it to fail so he go have his little tirade for them hate bandwagon clicks. Are there issues with the game? Of course. But it came off as he chose the worst possible platform by intent so he could get them low hanging fruit clicks. A bit pathetic IMO.

What are you talking about? He scored the PC version in the same review and gave it 6/10.

But the problem was the actual game. It didn't feel like it's made by the guys who made Witcher.

It didn't felt like that,because they were not the people that made the Witcher.Some if not most of the heavy lifters left CDPR after their contract ended.
Because it really wasn't. Witcher 2 was a mess just like Cyberpunk, the game director was Adam Badowski, in comes in Konrad Tomaszkiewicz to fix it (which saved the game). Konrad becomes Game Director of Witcher 3, Konrad is also game director of CyberPunk. Something happened at CDPR Konrad is out, Adam becomes Gamer Director of Cyberpunk, now we got the mess that would've been Witcher 2 as CyberPunk and as long as he's director it probably won't get better imo.

Never heard about this guy before YouTube gave the recommendation with his Cyberpunk review. I dunno, this is just bugs compilation salted with some jokes of questionable quality, can hardly call this video review at all.

This guy had done much better job, he's funny but also constructive

Because it really wasn't. Witcher 2 was a mess just like Cyberpunk, the game director was Adam Badowski, in comes in Konrad Tomaszkiewicz to fix it (which saved the game). Konrad becomes Game Director of Witcher 3, Konrad is also game director of CyberPunk. Something happened at CDPR Konrad is out, Adam becomes Gamer Director of Cyberpunk, now we got the mess that would've been Witcher 2 as CyberPunk and as long as he's director it probably won't get better imo.
Reallt Konrad is out? His profile on Linkedin still says he is CDPR. How did that happen?

Witcher 2 was a mess like cyberpunk?Watched some early reviews. Things are not similar. Not at all. Lol. What are u talking about?
Cyberpunk got off playstation store. Its full of bugs. Its uncomplete. Ton of missing or rushed things. Many things are half made. Rpg things are weak. Game being advertised lately as action adventure. Horrible performance issues. Common.

I've watched a couple of Joe's videos and I think that he's quite good at giving reviews. Sure he's a bit on the unconventional side when it comes to his presentation but that's what sets him apart from most reviewers (if not all) and this is what I find appealing. The costumes, background scenery and props used during some of his reviews together with his wacky sense of humor add to the experience. Then you have the review itself which I find to be quite different from reading or viewing one on a gaming website. It feels like he's really chatting with you in a somewhat casual manner you can relate to. And then let's not forget his sidekick/s aiding him with many of his antics on the show. It's just so hilarious to watch them sometimes. So yea, I think he's quite good at what he does. A bit short in height and chubby in looks though. :D

just quickly browsed his channel to see whats it about and watched doom eternal review, guy gave ultra boring, repetitive, stupid doom remake 10/10.
when there are masterpieces like dusk and prodeus, who plays doom remake let alone giving it 10/10. who cares about these youtube reviews anyway.

I don't like big names, regardless of their opinion, I'm not gonna care. I'm always gonna play the game if it catches my eye, regardless of the price or reviews. I'm glad I'm exactly like this because if I listened to the angry mob of children saying this is the worst game they played, I would miss out on the best gaming experience in my life

Top Bottom