About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Really Geralt, really? You think you have won? There will be a time when I return , and all that you hold dear will be covered in blood, and wine."

Last edited:
While HoS seemed to fit within the Wild Hunt time frame, there's no logical explanation of what Geralt would be doing in Toussaint within the Wild Hunt time frame. So i think logically, it could either be a prologue pre-Wild Hunt pre-White Orchard (several hints in the game that Geralt was in Beauclair before) or post-Wild Hunt (after the final battle). I'm really hoping it's the latter, there's a huge gap between the Tower and the Epilogue which I hope they fill. Even post-Epilogue before Geralt's story ends would be great.

While HoS seemed to fit within the Wild Hunt time frame, there's no logical explanation of what Geralt would be doing in Toussaint within the Wild Hunt time frame. So i think logically, it could either be a prologue pre-Wild Hunt pre-White Orchard (several hints in the game that Geralt was in Beauclair before) or post-Wild Hunt (after the final battle). I'm really hoping it's the latter, there's a huge gap between the Tower and the Epilogue which I hope they fill. Even post-Epilogue before Geralt's story ends would be great.

Yea, I am hoping for post-epilogue as well, but would be happy with whatever they do since their work is great anyways. The only gripe I have is the parchment type epilogue telling what happened to everyone. I would rather have seen a nice cutscene and some interaction with Triss patching me up in Kovir, as I love her voice actor's voice. :)

Last edited:
Yea, I am hoping for post-epilogue as well, but would be happy with whatever they do since their work is great anyways. The only gripe I have is the parchment type epilogue telling what happened to everyone. I would rather have seen a nice cutscene and some interaction with Triss patching me up in Kovir :)

I'm hoping the second expansion happens post-epilogue as well. Somewhere around level 40. Main story ends, there is a small time skip, then a cutscene with Geralt and Triss in Kovir, a messenger appears (Could be different depending how Blood and Wine starts) then Geralt along with Triss, Ciri and Yen travel to Toussaint

Loved HoS, just proved again how good CDPR are as developers and lovers of the witcher universe. I have MASSIVE hopes for Blood and Wine, i am sure they will do a fantastic job on the new map and recreating the beautiful and wacky land of Toussaint. Not sure how they will fit it in the time frame of Wild Hunt , as mentioned previously why the hell would Geralt go there if he had the Wild Hunt and finding ciri to deal with??

I would love to see Geralt's old company (Cahir, Milva, Angouleme, Regis, Dandelion) feature in the expansion someway or another, depending on the timeline, either as living characters in the game world or as flashbacks that Geralt has while visiting old locations such as the kitchen in Beauclair castle. I would also like Dandelion + Henrietta and Geralt + Fringilla Vigo to be the featured romances in the expansion...... it is Toussaint so anything else would feel wrong

I'm hoping the second expansion happens post-epilogue as well. Somewhere around level 40. Main story ends, there is a small time skip, then a cutscene with Geralt and Triss in Kovir, a messenger appears (Could be different depending how Blood and Wine starts) then Geralt along with Triss, Ciri and Yen travel to Toussaint
Exactly my thoughts. I too hope for expansion to continue the post ending story. Get a cut scene depending on your TW3 ending and maybe a short quest a la the one in TW3 epilogue to set the mood, and then travel off to Toussaint, alone or with a posse. Would be nice to get another one of those drunken scenes with Lambert and Eskel :D.

Almost anyone i've seen expect to see Fringilia in Blood and Wine.
But really, what reason she got to be there? Just because that was the place Geralt banged her in the book? That would be some very low-level fan service.
On the other hand i believe Dandelion will play a big part in a story.

This, post-epilogue content from Blood and Wine is exactly what i want to see. There is potential in post ending content anyway, and i think Toussaint would be perfect for it.

I agree, I really hope it will be settled post-Wild Hunt narrative. And maybe they can give a great goodbye to Geralt adventures, the ending of Wild Hunt is awesome, but a bit too much cinematic and the few lines of the epilogue didn't give me the right sense of relief.
Also, I loved the "social" wedding quest in HoS, I look forward to see more of these quests in Blood and Wine.

Well, Geralt hasn't been with a succubus yet in Witcher 3. So there's that I hope...

We had succubus encounters in both Witcher 1 and 2 so that makes it tradition... lol.

:hmm2: :hmm2: :hmm2:

Last edited:
I too am hoping blood and wine takes place after the main campaign cause logically unless they make it that ciri ended there in her journey its best to have it all happen after, then maybe we can get some interesting post relationship stuff, hell lets have ciri hook up with some lady cook or a flaming rose knight or something that be awesome.

CD she needs some love too. oh and a mention of Alvin or something Gods know he needs more cause he just vanished from the series not even a dialogue mention, not with shani nor triss even though theres more to him, other than being Aldersberg.

I too am hoping blood and wine takes place after the main campaign cause logically unless they make it that ciri ended there in her journey its best to have it all happen after, then maybe we can get some interesting post relationship stuff, hell lets have ciri hook up with some lady cook or a flaming rose knight or something that be awesome.

CD she needs some love too. oh and a mention of Alvin or something Gods know he needs more cause he just vanished from the series not even a dialogue mention, not with shani nor triss even though theres more to him, other than being Aldersberg.

Well, Alvin's story was pretty much done in W1, since we basically see where he ends up...

Making BaW post game (and change the world state accordingly) would be the preferred option, true... everything else would be really hard to rationalize. I mean, sure, Geralt could always be teleported to Toussant by one mage/scoreless or another to do a contract there, but it would be far better if he would go there as part of a "epilogue" to the main game. I mean, he meets Fringilla with the Nilfgaardians, so she could very well be his employer on this one...

Other then that:
- I hope there will be vampires... real higher ones (like a Bruxae)
- The romance this time around should be either a vampire too, and/or Fringilla Vigo.
- There should be a ball, and some court intrigue.
- Additional content, more weapons and armor sets, obviously... maybe another new gameplay mechanic?
- More Gwent cards and maybe another new minigame?

That should be it...

I remember in the books, something like Chevaliers, and one of them, was really awesome. Geralt loved his company. The cave where Geralt meet Avalach. The druids. I want a new big tournament of gwent and if is possible a new gwent Faction.

Yeah making BaW post game is what everyone wants so the whole post game situation is fixed.

In terms of the expansion I would like to see:

-New contracts and monsters
-New Armor
-New Viper Armor that actually looks like Viper Armor and a little questline with Letho to retrieve it
-Ciri to play a part in the expansion
-Fringilla Vigo romance option
-More gwent cards maybe a Madame Sasha spy card or something for the Nilfgaard deck
-Vampires of course

I remember in the books, something like Chevaliers, and one of them, was really awesome. Geralt loved his company.

Reynart died in encounter with bandits before Geralt returned to Toussaint in the end of LotL :(

Wondering how many dough Geralt has on account in Cianfanelli's bank there.

Besides Fringie, I would like to see Dandelion as Geralt's companion in this travel. I know, there's Priscilla and his own cabaret, but to leave him behind would be such a missed opportunity. BTW, he will eventually return and die in Beauclair anyway :)

Geralt does line dancing? Karaoke?

Oooh! Finds himself somehow in the body of a woman and has to learn to walk in heels!

Just reminded me of this, some things cannot be unseen ;)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 60
I often wonder what B&W is gonna be about since if you think about it the hint for HOS was there rite in the beginning with Gaunter O Din rite there in white orchard. I have done 3 play throughs of this game now and the only conclusion that I can come to is that it will have something to do with hunting down the missing witcher amulet that one of the crones stole off Cirri.

I had had read somewhere awhile back that somebody let slip at a fan event that B&W would have something to do with Gerald getting back something that was stolen. I think the "bad" ending of Wild Hunt kinda hints at this. I could be very wrong, but since they seem to sew the expansion packs into the base game, so it could end up being something like Gerald and Cirri going off to find the last crone that escaped and since the crones are seen eating flesh and drinking blood, it could be a possible follow on story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom