About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
After having followed the discussion for a few days, I feel the urge to throw in my fifty cents of opinion on the Regis issue, which has cropped up here recently in connection to the (now removed) alternate B&W covers.

Would it be awesome to meet Regis, talk with him, potentially even fight alongside him? I agree that it would.

I also realize that (higher) vampires' regenerative abilities, and, if I remember correctly, even Regis's own in particular, are mentioned in the books.

But let's be honest guys and girls. Poor Regis got literally torn apart and was melted down to glass by Vilgefortz. There is no coming back from that, in my opinion - especially not within a mere four years.

On the contrary, if anything, I believe it is more likely (though also not particularly probable) that the guy on the cover is Vilgefortz (as was also suggested in this thread already, but I'm not sure whether that was serious). I know that Witcher universe vampirism doesn't work the way it does in most other games/movies/series: but couldn't it be possible for Vilgefortz, who allegedly was very busy and prolific with genetic experiments, to have found a way to extract the regenerative part of vampire DNA? In that case, the way he was left by Geralt wasn't one that would be that hard to come back and regenerate from - at least compared to Regis. Besides, if I remember correctly, is Vilgefortz even mentioned afterwards, i.e. after Geralts and co. leave his dead body? Is there any reference made by Emhyr, or the sorceresses after they level Stygga castle? If not, maybe some leftover lackeys of his could have evacuated his remains.

This is, of course, highly speculative and ultimately just as subjective as the arguments made for Regis's return. I guess the ultimate point is: as awesome as it would be if done right, I believe it is very, very unlikely.

In any way - I don't think it's that likely we'll see Vilgefortz. But I believe it more likely still than that we'll meet Regis - no matter how awesome that'd be!
tbh it does sound right...
because i remember reading about vilgefortz and regis
and i know regis got destroyed so its unlikely he s urvived even with hes vampire abilitis

but if vilgefortz got bitten/hit by regis maybe he turned into a vampire and survived the attack that the lodge made on him ?

might be true...

cant wait: D

I don't know why everyone is reluctant to accept the posibility that Regis might have healed, especially with the holy grail's speculation.
Isn't here where we discussed the theory of the holy grial? Mentioning the classic theory that appear in the witcher 1 by the Hermit at the fourth act?:

"The Grail is a cup, a powerful magical object whose meaning cannot be fathomed by even the most powerful sorcerers.
This chalice possesses the power to heal all diseases, poisonings, and wounds — 'And pain will turn into power.' One theory also states that in the hands of a rightful ruler, it can heal entire lands and protect their inhabitants from danger, creatures of the dark, natural disasters, and so forth.

All who drink from this miraculous cup are healed, fortified, and enlightened to understand the Truth."

So, knowing the vampire's durability and their persistence to avoid death. Why Regis cannot be in a terrible shape, but alive, and then healed by an miraculous artifact?
And again, since the release of the oficial cover artwork (which by the way is amazing), and the fact that even in the cover's concept art always appear a goblet, it is for me atleast a little strange no one mentioned the holy grail.
Now, all this is a theory, my opinion, and i will probably be wrong, but there is only a way to know. SOON :smiling2:

PS: In the cover artwork the "vampire" is looking at us, not Geralt. I think he's trying to protect the goblet from the spectators, meaning there is an alliance between Geralt and him.
Aaaaand, in the descripcion says ruler, mmmmmm... there is a throne in the cover mmmmmm... holy grail confrimed! please don't hate me :p

In the cover artwork the "vampire" is looking at us

Why ? what did we have done to him / her ? :huh:

Just kidding. btw i think this pic shows us some kind of damocles above geralt .A threat he doesn't know. And maybe he dont know he is in real danger, up to a certain point.

Last edited:
But let's be honest guys and girls. Poor Regis got literally torn apart and was melted down to glass by Vilgefortz. There is no coming back from that, in my opinion - especially not within a mere four years.

In any case, we will hear about Regis, Milva and Cahir =) And if the B&W will Dandelion ... That we will see Zoltan!!!?

Don't underestimate how much fun goofing around here at CDPR is.

I knew there was no reason to worry. However, I must ask, just how much goofing around was required to create B&W?

I get this strange feeling that all this goofing around is done here on this forum... They come here to read all the crazy stuff the fans have come up with and then the party starts... Don't mess with us, will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom