When you look just from corp. side, yes, it looks like that. Did you tried look from their side as not corp.? I mean just all this crap happening with covid-19 it's a big deal, how you would deal with that? How you would deal with things that devs are saying they can't make this or that and they need time which you already don't have? ^^I know they have released hot fix 1.06 and made a lot of people see "hope" in the game. But don't cry with joy yet. There are things I noticed for quite some time that I want to discuss with you guys. And through these details I'm really concerned and disturbed because somehow they show that CDPR have changed from a studio with conscience to a corp with greed only.
For the advertisement part, they actually did a lot of things to lure players in a really subtle way, I'll list some that I can remember, feel free to add more if you know some.
1. In night city wire they said you could customize your gun "for example scope and suppressor", but in the game you only have scope and suppressor. They are just leading on with the certain terminology they use and leave the blame to players' imagination
2. For the media's rating they allowed them to use PC version only, so the problems on consoles weren't revealed.
3. They only permitted the media to use and edit the video clips they sent to the media in their rating, so the bugs can only be described in the ratings but not displayed in videos before the release of the game
4. In their so called apology they claimed to fail to demonstrate the old console versions so a lot of console players don't know how bad the game is on those platforms. But they CDPR knew exactly what's wrong with them. In their demonstration for ps4pro and xbox they deliberately drove really slowly because they knew if you drive fast the frame rate would drop significantly
5. In the last night city wire they said "you need to decide how to use your dirty money" and showed a lot of things including a rollercoaster kind of rail experience. But they are just trying to imply that you can spend your money in many ways however they avoided saying that explicitly. When players find out they can only buy weapons clothes cars, again it's not CDPR's fault it's your own imagination that fucks your mind.
To be honest I've become a fan of CDPR because of witcher 3, but I really don't have too much faith to this company right now. It seems much more bitchy than before and did a lot of things it would never do. I don't know how you think about this, please share your ideas.