About CDPR's attitude

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they have released hot fix 1.06 and made a lot of people see "hope" in the game. But don't cry with joy yet. There are things I noticed for quite some time that I want to discuss with you guys. And through these details I'm really concerned and disturbed because somehow they show that CDPR have changed from a studio with conscience to a corp with greed only.

For the advertisement part, they actually did a lot of things to lure players in a really subtle way, I'll list some that I can remember, feel free to add more if you know some.

1. In night city wire they said you could customize your gun "for example scope and suppressor", but in the game you only have scope and suppressor. They are just leading on with the certain terminology they use and leave the blame to players' imagination

2. For the media's rating they allowed them to use PC version only, so the problems on consoles weren't revealed.

3. They only permitted the media to use and edit the video clips they sent to the media in their rating, so the bugs can only be described in the ratings but not displayed in videos before the release of the game

4. In their so called apology they claimed to fail to demonstrate the old console versions so a lot of console players don't know how bad the game is on those platforms. But they CDPR knew exactly what's wrong with them. In their demonstration for ps4pro and xbox they deliberately drove really slowly because they knew if you drive fast the frame rate would drop significantly

5. In the last night city wire they said "you need to decide how to use your dirty money" and showed a lot of things including a rollercoaster kind of rail experience. But they are just trying to imply that you can spend your money in many ways however they avoided saying that explicitly. When players find out they can only buy weapons clothes cars, again it's not CDPR's fault it's your own imagination that fucks your mind.

To be honest I've become a fan of CDPR because of witcher 3, but I really don't have too much faith to this company right now. It seems much more bitchy than before and did a lot of things it would never do. I don't know how you think about this, please share your ideas.

Last edited:
They showed the cutscenes for the eyes and hand upgrade, and essentially it implied that you’d get to get a cool cutscene and what not with every upgrade.

Honestly most of my gripes are in the “missing features/cut content” gripes.

They advertised the game as being heavily centric on V and Jackie’s journey, it seemed, with Johnny being tied to the story somehow.

They said you’d be making choices that would affect the game world—but that could just be legal argued away as “well, during the story what V does changes the world”, and not meant as a “you can make choices that change the world depending on those choices”.

It’s misleading, what CDPR did and I’d argue its false advertising.

Never preorder.
Pretty much... in the end, all we really had was implications and hints through carefully curated videos and cleverly worded marketing talk, which was all (more or less) fulfilled on the most basic, barebones level possible to just not be outright, fraudulent deception. Well, I hope it was worth it loosing a pretty much unique position in todays games market.

Also: Good vid about what went wrong... or right... however you might wanna look at it.

oddly enough my ps4 is running the game fine, yes its rough but not that bad, my main issue is how much they are censoring the game, also doesnt make sense, the rest of the stuff is your typical EA/activision stuff you kinda expect..........i mean its not alright either but its expected but no need to censor the game when its already out, doesnt make sense when there are bugs you could be fixing instead

oddly enough my ps4 is running the game fine, yes its rough but not that bad, my main issue is how much they are censoring the game, also doesnt make sense, the rest of the stuff is your typical EA/activision stuff you kinda expect..........i mean its not alright either but its expected but no need to censor the game when its already out, doesnt make sense when there are bugs you could be fixing instead
Yea, funny thing about the bugs... they are actually a good thing for CDPR right now. Once those are patched out, it will be even more evident what else is wrong with the game.

I mean no offense when I say this.

Is there anything in here that doesn't have it's own thread already? Or hasn't been discussed already?

Frankly, we know CDPR screwed up and CDPR knows they've screwed up. This incessant rehashing before CDPR has even had a chance to win back some modicum of respect is leading us nowhere and convoluting the forum.

I mean no offense when I say this.

Is there anything in here that doesn't have it's own thread already? Or hasn't been discussed already?

Frankly, we know CDPR screwed up and CDPR knows they've screwed up. This incessant rehashing before CDPR has even had a chance to win back some modicum of respect is leading us nowhere and convoluting the forum.
Please understand that not every one has read through the entire forum to find out if he/she is posting a repeated topic. Apologize for spam your forum but if you have read this in other threads please just ignore me.

Honestly I think a lot of the "rage" is an overaction.

Game overall

I also think people complain about companies having "greed" in general is overused to almost a meme compared tothe way the community has acted in general. As you see below in no way do I think this game did not have its flaws but also don't think it deserves the amount of rage it is getting from some people.

8 million presales + player meticritic rating (pc)

User Score
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

Shows the game was not the "disastrous embarrassment hat will kill CDPR reputation" that some on the forum make it out to be. Personally I would give it a

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisficed and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Technical

"Its the games fault its buggy and unreliable and its the game fault doesn't run on my system"

Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

This is what you need to have the best chance of smooth game play we cannot guarantee performance on every possible hardware software combination"

"Sure, it runs much better on high-end PC hardware"

that means the program works - if it does not work on lower need systems that is part of the end user problem to figure out not the devs

"but it has a huge amount of issues "

please remember other players including me have report not having any issue with the game .

Repost incoming

If you don't put gas in the car and it stops . Did the car s manufacture sell you a defective car.?

Other big games work on my computer.

I answered this already

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

There is nothing magical about .

If you have 2 people - and a piece of software

Person 1 run smoothly on with no issues

Person 2 computer has major problems .

It is not a problem with the software as it has proven to run smoothly on person 1 computer

This has nothing to do with defending the devs or being a "fanboy. It has to do with logic.

Software that has major problems is not capable of running smoothly on ANYONES PC

that a simple undeniable fact.

Something that is broken is always broken no matter who uses it. It does not magically change condition depended on the user.

that does mean that bugs don't exist. I am talking in a general sense based on general performance.

Consoles

This is the ONLY category where I agree that refunds are warranted. As the end user has no way to "fix" the problems like a pc user can.

The mindset we need to change devs need to start by designing games that break their current technologies and design practices and innovate . The need to design games that will be " next gen " when they are complete. Not games that are compatible with current / past technologies.

Yes people will be left behind . That is a defining aspect of life itself. Move forward , Adapt , Innovate or stay stagnate and get left behind.

from the console thread.

Look at that list . I thinking they released on too many systems this why all the technical complaints

I know this was done to make money. But my suggestion is that game developers in general need to stop looking backwards and making thing backward compatible

From what I have read it seems that if the Devs had made this game exclusive for the next gen consoles and raised the min system requirements for pc. There would be a lot less technical complaints

Yes they would "lose" money but I think in this case having "quality" over quantity. Like the high end car market . Not everyone can afford a high end car but they still manage to make a profit.

Also if the game industry does not "force" people to upgrade making everything backwards compatible we are never going to move forward at a reasonable pace. . Its like trying walk while dragging/ carrying something to heavy behind you

Please understand that not every one has read through the entire forum to find out if he/she is posting a repeated topic. Apologize for spam your forum but if you have read this in other threads please just ignore me.

No need to get defensive. Everything you touched on is on the very first page of the forum.

On that, I'm out of this thread.

Have a good one.

Game overall

I also think people complain about companies having "greed" in general is overused to almost a meme compared tothe way the community has acted in general. As you see below in no way do I think this game did not have its flaws but also don't think it deserves the amount of rage it is getting from some people.

User Score
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

Shows the game was not the "disastrous embarrassment hat will kill CDPR reputation" that some on the forum make it out to be. Personally I would give it a

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisficed and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Technical

"Its the games fault its buggy and unreliable and its the game fault doesn't run on my system"

Personally I think dev companies need to stop putting " Minimum requirements" on games and instead put a disclaimer .

This is what you need to have the best chance of smooth game play we cannot guarantee performance on every possible hardware software combination"

"Sure, it runs much better on high-end PC hardware"
that means the program works - if it does not work on lower need systems that is part of the end user problem to figure out not the devs

"but it has a huge amount of issues "

please remember other players including me have report not having any issue with the game .

Repost incoming

If you don't put gas in the car and it stops . Did the car s manufacture sell you a defective car.?

Other big games work on my computer.

I answered this already

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

There is nothing magical about .

If you have 2 people - and a piece of software

Person 1 run smoothly on with no issues

Person 2 computer has major problems .

It is not a problem with the software as it has proven to run smoothly on person 1 computer

This has nothing to do with defending the devs or being a "fanboy. It has to do with logic.

Software that has major problems is not capable of running smoothly on ANYONES PC

that a simple undeniable fact.

Something that is broken is always broken no matter who uses it. It does not magically change condition depended on the user.

that does mean that bugs don't exist. I am talking in a general sense based on general performance.

Consoles

This is the ONLY category where I agree that refunds are warranted. As the end user has no way to "fix" the problems like a pc user can.

The mindset we need to change devs need to start by designing games that break their current technologies and design practices and innovate . The need to design games that will be " next gen " when they are complete. Not games that are compatible with current / past technologies.

Yes people will be left behind . That is a defining aspect of life itself. Move forward , Adapt , Innovate or stay stagnate and get left behind.

from the console thread.

Look at that list . I thinking they released on too many systems this why all the technical complaints

I know this was done to make money. But my suggestion is that game developers in general need to stop looking backwards and making thing backward compatible

From what I have read it seems that if the Devs had made this game exclusive for the next gen consoles and raised the min system requirements for pc. There would be a lot less technical complaints

Yes they would "lose" money but I think in this case having "quality" over quantity. Like the high end car market . Not everyone can afford a high end car but they still manage to make a profit.

Also if the game industry does not "force" people to upgrade making everything backwards compatible we are never going to move forward at a reasonable pace. . Its like trying walk while dragging/ carrying something to heavy behind you
Appreciate your reply but what I'm concerned is CDPR's deliberate misleading behaviors in the advertisement, not the game itself. I'd give it a 8 out of 10 but CDPR promised a 20. That pretty much reflects their greed since they'd rather trade their honesty for money from more sales.

Appreciate your reply but what I'm concerned is CDPR's deliberate misleading behaviors in the advertisement, not the game itself. I'd give it a 8 out of 10 but CDPR promised a 20. That pretty much reflects their greed since they'd rather trade their honesty for money from more sales.

Showing a trailer with x number of features and removing most of them or integrating only one iteration of these features in the final version is very misleading. I would had like CDPR to simply ask for crowdfunding and saying you will get the complete game in 2022 instead of getting half of the stuff that were showed. I don't currently play. I wait for a major features restauration patch.

Feel free to share one of the threads listing the missing or removed features.

Honestly that is the easiest think to fix.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on the community reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.

Last edited:
Showing a trailer with x number of features and removing most of them or integrating only one iteration of these features in the final version is very misleading. I would had like CDPR to simply ask for crowdfunding and saying you will get the complete game in 2022 instead of getting half of the stuff that were showed. I don't currently play. I wait for a major features restauration patch.

Feel free to share one of the threads listing the missing or removed features.

But I'm not so sure about those features get added back because the way CDPR behaves now doesn't seem optimistic to me.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly that is the easiest think to fix.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on the community reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.
So in your opinion what is the reason for them to swamp the internet with endless false advertisement?

Last edited:
But I'm not so sure about those features get added back because the way CDPR behaves now doesn't seem optimistic to me.

So in your opinion what is the reason for them to swamp the internet with endless false advertisement?
Runaway marketing budget? I dunno...

If you are defining false advertisement as in "missing features ". I explained that already.

If you are talking about tv commercials I don't see how the "commercials" themselves are false.

I am not going to respond to all your points but here is 2

1. there is nothing wrong with that - you can customize your gun. if someone wants to read into that they are at fault.
5. You can decided how to spend your money

if you expect "perfect honestly" in marketing I think you have unrealistic expectations you can tear anything apart .

Game overall

40% of those sales were to console owners that got a game that was open beta quality at best.

They preordered not because they were okay with paying full price for a barley functional product, but because Cd Projekt Red actively concealed the state of the game on consoles until launch. The high preorder numbers were also due to the success of The Witcher 3 and people expecting a similar experience with Cyberpunk 2077.

Tl;dr: Preorder figures can't be held up as an argument that most people are enjoying the game

Since the day Cyberpunk came out people have been up in arms about cut features. I'm not saying there aren't any, but the majority of comments I see are people disappointed that the game isn't the dystopian future life simulator with a real time molecular dynamics engine they had invisioned in their heads that it was going to be.

In night city wire they said you could customize your gun "for example scope and suppressor", but in the game you only have scope and suppressor. They are just leading on with the certain terminology they use and leave the blame to players' imagination

>Said you can customize scope and suppressor
>Let's you customize scope and suppressor

You have a problem with them giving an example of what you can do that you can actually do? Am I missing something here? Also you must not have played the game for very long or at all because there is a whole selection of mods for guns that have mod slots.

When players find out they can only buy weapons clothes cars, again it's not CDPR's fault it's your own imagination that fucks your mind.

You just tldr'd the whole thread yourself. If people would've kept their expectations in check instead of hearing "you need to decide how to use your dirty money" before seeing a clip of a roller coaster and then somehow construing that as some sort of signed affidavit that they copy and pasted the source code from roller coaster tycoon deluxe into their engine or some shit.

115 hours, sorry but you are mak
Since the day Cyberpunk came out people have been up in arms about cut features. I'm not saying there aren't any, but the majority of comments I see are people disappointed that the game isn't the dystopian future life simulator with a real time molecular dynamics engine they had invisioned in their heads that it was going to be.

>Said you can customize scope and suppressor
>Let's you customize scope and suppressor

You have a problem with them giving an example of what you can do that you can actually do? Am I missing something here? Also you must not have played the game for very long or at all because there is a whole selection of mods for guns that have mod slots.

You just tldr'd the whole thread yourself. If people would've kept their expectations in check instead of hearing "you need to decide how to use your dirty money" before seeing a clip of a roller coaster and then somehow construing that as some sort of signed affidavit that they copy and pasted the source code from roller coaster tycoon deluxe into their engine or some shit.
115 hours played, sorry to say it but you are hypothesizing things. Besides I wouldn't call the mods customization, I believe you have seen real customization of weapons in Fallout 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom