About CDPR's attitude

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shrug::giveup:

I you want to believe its been misleading that is your opinion. It does not make it fact.

if you want to believe marking in general is always 100% honest fact your welcome to do that to.

I don't feel mislead and a PC rating 7.1 rating on meta critic . I think that is good evidence to state others believe that as well and I am not the only one.

In my mind your statement is just Just like people whos opinion is to believe the software on the pc is broken because it wont run on their personal system .

When it runs smoothly on other PC. as I Stated on page one.

I also believe that the "rage " in general is an overreaction. and Yes it tanked on last gen console but you can get a refund so end of story no more rage needed. If you don't get a refund and they fix it same thing.

Its a $60 video game not a matter of life and death. . My personal feelings on the matter are on page 1

False advertising being a common feature for the commercial industry doesn't justify it. Just like in a neighborhood with high crime rate we still shouldn't consider crime is right. Someone has to be the boy to yell out that the king is actually naked.

Besides, CDPR wasn't supposed to be another EA or Ubisoft that fucks up things once in a while. It was known for very prominent reputation and enthusiasm for games they made. Don't you see that people's high expectation for CDPR actually derives from their love and trust for the studio? I never blamed Ubisoft because I can't care less on how they make another awful game.

False advertising being a common feature for the commercial industry doesn't justify it. Just like in a neighborhood with high crime rate we still shouldn't consider crime is right. Someone has to be the boy to yell out that the king is actually naked.

Besides, CDPR wasn't supposed to be another EA or Ubisoft that fucks up things once in a while. It was known for very prominent reputation and enthusiasm for games they made. Don't you see that people's high expectation for CDPR actually derives from their love and trust for the studio? I never blamed Ubisoft because I can't care less on how they make another awful game.

That is your opinion and its valid .

I disagree and on the subject of "honesty " if I was honest and actual stated what my opinion of the forms since launch, the mods would delete the post and probably suspended me and it has nothing to do with the company.

personally I have issues with the game but none of my concerns as I stated in other posts have anything to do with losing respect for the company as stated in other posts.
Post automatically merged:

The game was announced and promised for "last-gen" consoles. Dropping "last-gen" consoles at the last minute when millions had already preordered when the game was supposed to release on that generation. Cyberpunk was supposed to release on "Last gen". The game was announced before "Next gen" was even in the planning stages, and wasn't even a thing until last year.

"Next-gen" consoles have a really low adoption rate. They are hard to find and not everyone has the money for one, so dropping "last gen' is a really dumb idea.

Also Sony removed the game from it's store. Xbox is letting people refund, but the game is still on their store for people that still want to buy it.

I disagree for reasons stated in other posts and on page 1

Last edited:
I don't feel mislead and a PC rating 7.1 rating on meta critic . I think that is good evidence to state others believe that as well and I am not the only one.

In my mind your statement is just Just like people whos opinion is to believe the software on the pc is broken because it wont run on their personal system .

I also believe that the "rage " in general is an overreaction. and Yes it tanked on last gen console but you can get a refund so end of story no more rage needed. If you don't get a refund and they fix it same thing.

Its a $60 video game not a matter of life and death. . My personal feelings on the matter are on page 1

Metacritic reviews, or reviews like it are meaningless really. They are routinely brigaded or altered one way or another. Hell the user rating of "The Rise of Skywalker" has been frozen at 86% since a few days after release, which is a statistical impossibility.

The Last of Us part 2 routinely got review brigaded by both sides, and had an inflated metacritic score until no one cared about it anymore. It still somehow won "Game of the year" and 8 million other awards despite having a 5.7 user rating and fans overwhelmingly voting for Ghost of Tsushima.

Cyberpunk runs smoothly on YOUR PC, doesn't mean it does so on all PCs. There are people with specs higher than even recommended that should be able to run 2 instances of the game without issue, but can't get even 1 to run properly.

Oh and to you 60$ is not a matter of life and death, but to some especially with what's going on in the world right now 60$ is a matter of being able to feed themselves or their family, but they managed to save 2$ where ever they could for the past couple of months to afford that 60$ in the hopes that Cyberpunk was everything they had been promised. Instead they got a 20 hour linear main story that may or may no run on the system it was announced and sold on with stuff people cut even after release.

:shrug::giveup:

I you want to believe its been misleading that is your opinion. It does not make it fact.

if you want to believe marking in general is always 100% honest fact your welcome to do that to.

Hey man, check out this awesome game Cyberpunk 2077. Everything the narrator says will be in the game will set a new standard for open world RPGs. Cant wait to play it. Such a living and interactive world its almost unbelieveable. Dont you agree my man?

Hey man, check out this awesome game Cyberpunk 2077. Everything the narrator says will be in the game will set a new standard for open world RPGs. Cant wait to play it. Such a living and interactive world its almost unbelieveable. Dont you agree my man?

Yes of course and if they leave stuff out omg my world there will be no reason to go on living . they will be the worst company ever . Every single thing them mention better be in there or we will sound the call to WAR!!!!.

thanks for proving my point of how devs in general should never share anything with the community EVER AGAIN until everything is literally set in stone and the game has gone gold.

Yes of course and if they leave stuff out omg my world there will be no reason to go on living . they will be the worst company ever . Every single thing them mention better be in there or we will sound the call to WAR!!!!.

Hey man i just wanted to recommend this awesome game. Im not sure why you are being salty but i cant wait to play it, im looking forward to just take in the sights of a living breathing world in cyberpunk setting. Just sit somewhere and look at all that dynamic and living world where the npcs has their own routines, day and night cycle A.I and so on. It sounds completely amazing.

Metacritic reviews, or reviews like it are meaningless really. They are routinely brigaded or altered one way or another. Hell the user rating of "The Rise of Skywalker" has been frozen at 86% since a few days after release, which is a statistical impossibility.

The Last of Us part 2 routinely got review brigaded by both sides, and had an inflated metacritic score until no one cared about it anymore. It still somehow won "Game of the year" and 8 million other awards despite having a 5.7 user rating and fans overwhelmingly voting for Ghost of Tsushima.

You can have that view if you wish . its not one I share.

Cyberpunk runs smoothly on YOUR PC, doesn't mean it does so on all PCs. There are people with specs higher than even recommended that should be able to run 2 instances of the game without issue, but can't get even 1 to run properly.

I disagree with your interpretation on the fundamental properties of how software in general functions.

for my view see page one technical.

Oh and to you 60$ is not a matter of life and death, but to some especially with what's going on in the world right now 60$ is a matter of being able to feed themselves or their family, but they managed to save 2$ where ever they could for the past couple of months to afford that 60$ in the hopes that Cyberpunk was everything they had been promised. Instead they got a 20 hour linear main story that may or may no run on the system it was announced and sold on with stuff people cut even after release.

Again this is not the fault of CDPR but a failure of the person in your example.

it all falls to
Due diligence

Due diligence is the investigation or exercise of care that a reasonable business or person is normally expected to take before entering into an agreement or contract with another party or an act with a certain standard of care.

and example of that is.

1. if they pre- order under those examples that and are unhappy was their fault this has nothing to do with "supporting the devs" or "trusting them "

2 if they bought it day one and were not happy again their fault

3. If it was that important to them to be good they should have waited a week or 2 and read the reviews watch some gameplay to be certain they would be worth their money. yes it would spoil part of the game for them in in your example its the safer router than taking a risk and playing it blind.

If i had been that person in your example I would not have spend a penny until I was 100% sure the product was for me . This approach would also have prevent being mislead by any of the marketing.

Hey man i just wanted to recommend this awesome game. Im not sure why you are being salty but i cant wait to play it, im looking forward to just take in the sights of a living breathing world in cyberpunk setting. Just sit somewhere and look at all that dynamic and living world where the npcs has their own routines, day and night cycle A.I and so on. It sounds completely amazing.

yea if they leave any of that out the game will be ruined and we can all rage on the forums.

yea I know I cant wait but if they leave any of that out the game will be ruined and we can all rage on the forums.

Last edited:
You can have that view if you wish . its not one I share.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Hell one quick scan though the user reviews of Cyberpunk 2077 shows tons of people giving it 10 just to try and cancel out some of the 0's, or mentions tons of bugs and issues yet gives it a 10 anyway.

If you have a test with 10 questions worth 1 point each and got 1 wrong, how do you get 100%? If the game has tons of issues, which is admitted to in a lot of the reviews, then it shouldn't get a 10.

On top of that you see a bunch of 10/10 reviews that are exactly the same, which illustrates another issue with user scores. Especially those on Metacritic. You don't have to actually have played the game to give a score, so the 10's (and the 0's) are rife with bot reviews and/or fanboys that haven't even played the game or give it a 10 despite the many obvious issues the game as mentioned before.

I would be interested to see what your beloved rating would be if the data was scraped and 10 and 0 scores were filtered out.

I disagree with your interpretation on the fundamental properties of how software in general functions.

You can disagree all you want, but my job as QA means I have fundamentally more understanding on how software functions and how it's supposed to function.

You can disagree all you want, but my job as QA means I have fundamentally more understanding on how software functions and how it's supposed to function.

sure and since you have no idea what I do . how can you say you know more ?

Then why not disprove my technical statement on page one. Just look for the post with all the RED POINT from fellow community members.

CDPR made me think twice about pre-ordering games from now on. I'd always been that guy that would support developers for their hard work creating the games that I like but now... Sorry, the damage has been done. :giveup:

sure and since you have no idea what I do . how can you say you know more ?

Well considering what you've said, I can reasonably assume you don't know more.

Then why not disprove my technical statement on page one. Just look for the post with all the RED POINT from fellow community members.

Because I don't want to read your wall of text ramblings. You mentioned the 7.1 rating near the top of "your technical" post, which I've already disproved. I didn't bother reading the rest, so scrolled past it and read other posts. I can safely assume most of the rest of your "technical" post, is pure opinion, cherry picked "facts" (like you bringing up the 7.1 score over and over again) and/or statements made while completely ignoring the fact that thousands of people here, on reddit and twitter are complaining about issues with the game.

Basically,
  • They marketed and sold it as Game A+
  • They actually sold Game B.
  • Turned Game B into Game B-post release.
    • They "improved" stability issues
      • Hasn't worked for everyone
    • Removed stuff that the game launched with.
You seem to be fine with Game B- that's cool.
  • People have basically proven that Game B was a 2001 game with a 2020 skin slapped on it.
    • There's multiple examples of a game in the early 2000's doing things better than Cyberpunk 2077.
      • Like the god awful AI in the game.
  • They removed shit that the game launched with to turn into Game B-.
    • You don't care that they not only sold you things you didn't get, but also took things away after the fact.
  • Most people want Game A+.
    • But you don't care because you're content with Game B-
We want the game that was promised us and that everyone can enjoy. Not just a few lucky few.

Last edited:
The hate train has done a full circle and ended up back at the first stop with this thread, is it December 10th again?

CDPR made me think twice about pre-ordering games from now on. I'd always been that guy that would support developers for their hard work creating the games that I like but now... Sorry, the damage has been done. :giveup:
You could literally refund the game for any reason up until December 21, if you decided not to, it's because you wants to keep it, but you're still saying silly things like "never preorder" like it makes you edgy.

We have seriously paid for a beta version of the game and the worst part is that we may never see the true finalized version that cdpr devs were making and wanted us to have.

It's more of an alpha. Betas are feature complete, but not all features are complete.
Alphas are not feature complete. There are features that need to be added. There are even features that were added and then removed. Those features need to be finished/fixed and re-added.

Well considering what you've said, I can reasonably assume you don't know more.

Because I don't want to read your wall of text ramblings. You mentioned the 7.1 rating near the top of "your technical" post, which I've already disproved. I didn't bother reading the rest, so scrolled past it and read other posts. I can safely assume most of the rest of your "technical" post, is pure opinion, cherry picked "facts" (like you bringing up the 7.1 score over and over again) and/or statements made while completely ignoring the fact that thousands of people here, on reddit and twitter are complaining about issues with the game.

Basically,
  • They marketed and sold it as Game A+
  • They actually sold Game B.
  • Turned Game B into Game B-post release.
    • They "improved" stability issues
      • Hasn't worked for everyone
    • Removed stuff that the game launched with.
You seem to be fine with Game B- that's cool.
  • People have basically proven that Game B was a 2001 game with a 2020 skin slapped on it.
    • There's multiple examples of a game in the early 2000's doing things better than Cyberpunk 2077.
      • Like the god awful AI in the game.
  • They removed shit that the game launched with to turn into Game B-.
    • You don't care that they not only sold you things you didn't get, but also took things away after the fact.
  • Most people want Game A+.
    • But you don't care because you're content with Game B-
We want the game that was promised us and that everyone can enjoy. Not just a few lucky few.

:facepalm::facepalm::giveup::giveup::facepalm::facepalm:

- You can twist things to suite your own purpose if you want and avoid other stuff if you want

-- you can think what you want its obvious we a are not going to get any where so I am going to wish you a good day.

- if you want to call this an "alpha" because of rage over missing content you can.

- If some feel they are betrayed by missing content or Misled by the devs or the software is broken because it wont work on their personal machine or this game is a compete an utter failure, you can its obvious no one is going to change that is its a subjective opinion .

everyone is allowed to express want they want here and if you an other want to express rage they you have that right.

I personally don't agree with the rage you are expressing or your views

and to quote myself

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Last edited:
Not really dump. The game was not designer for lady gen consoles. It was designer and developer for PC, where they did most of the sales, and ported to console later.

In 2009 CDPR cancelled the console porting of Witcher 1, because they admitted the quality was lower than expected. If they would have done the same with Cyberpunk they could have avoided loss of reputation

I just don't understand why CDPR didn't say before the release that they turned the game into an action adventure. That the choices in the dialogues would be unimportant and the story would be linear. I ended up paying for one game and getting a completely different one.
If I wanted a Far Cry style game, I would have just waited for Far Cry 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom