About crimsom curse cardback and skin

+
I am a very dedicated player, I have the whole card collection with its premiums, I have been playing since the first closed beta and have pioneer badge.
I have absolutely no need in buying card kegs because I have tons of card scraps and ore to buy kegs once the expansion is launched.
I think we shouldn't be forced to pay 35€ to have the awesome cardback and Elder Unseen skin because it comes only with that bundle that has many crimsom curse card packs.
I think you should have an option to still support the developing of the game and get the card back and skin for maybe 5-10€ as support for the developing team and I would gladly buy that. But not 35€ every expansion to just have these time-limited items, I simply can't afford to pay that much (apart from the fact that I don't need the kegs as I stated above).
Please make an option to appeal to your most dedicated fanbase that has all the collection and a stock of ingame currency. Don't force us to pay that much.

Nerys

Forum regular
You have so much ore and kegs because CDPR is generous about that. I think that many people like to forget about this because it is convenient for their logic.

You aren't forced to pay any money. You can buy it or not. It is not a must have thing, it is not a p2w thing.

This offer is really good. Kegs are the main thing, skin and cardback are bonus. Keg/$ is better than in normal 60 kegs offer and you get bonus around 1200 powder (because skin+board in shop is for 1200, except here you have ANIMATED cardback).

So it is good deal on kegs with a nice bonus. Imo it is great deal.

No-one is ''Forcing'' you to buy the bundle , you just have a collection addiction.

Do the math , don't buy stuff you don't need irl (like 99.99% of the people nowdays) and you can spend the money on the Bundle (which is not forced).

No-one is ''Forcing'' you to buy the bundle , you just have a collection addiction.

Do the math , don't buy stuff you don't need irl (like 99.99% of the people nowdays) and you can spend the money on the Bundle (which is not forced).
When I say "force" is forcing to pay for the 40 kegs. If I want a cardback I can only get it paying 35€. That's the same type of forcing as when Modern Warfare remastered came out only in a bundle with Advanced warfare and for months it didn't sold separately.
CDPR has a history of giving the consumer options. This time there is no other option, that's what I meant.

You have so much ore and kegs because CDPR is generous about that. I think that many people like to forget about this because it is convenient for their logic.

You aren't forced to pay any money. You can buy it or not. It is not a must have thing, it is not a p2w thing.

This offer is really good. Kegs are the main thing, skin and cardback are bonus. Keg/$ is better than in normal 60 kegs offer and you get bonus around 1200 powder (because skin+board in shop is for 1200, except here you have ANIMATED cardback).

Look how you guys are responding..

First of all this "CDPR is so generous" argument has become the blanket argument for everything, it's starting to sound cult like or even robotic. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but you are shutting down all discussion with this blanket statement that has nothing to do with the argument what so ever.

He is absolutely correct, for players sitting on loads of scraps which they can't spend as it is, being forced to buy this pack for 35€ feels like a kick in the balls. These are exclusive items that will not be obtainable any other way and of course those who have been here since day one want to collect all they can because they invested lots of money and time on this game.

It is a generous deal for those interested in the kegs but we are not, we have enough scraps to craft the next few expansions should more be released. For the rest of us it's a really bad deal because we are being asked to pay 35 bucks for these two cosmetic items. We are not feeling the generosity at all right now.

I can assure you the cardback and skins aren't the additions to many of us. Also when did I imply that Gwent is not generous? I just wanted to ask for options for the consumer, which is what CDPR is all about with gog and Witcher expansions/dlc. I wanted that to translate to this too.
I even said I would pay 10€ for a cardback and a skin which is far more than it would be normal to pay for just that. But I want to pay for that to support game development. It's just that I can't afford to pay 35€ for each expansion if it has limited time collectibles.
It seems like you are the one misreading my words and using only the ones that fit your narrative, the thing you blamed me for.

Nerys

Forum regular
Look how you guys are responding..

First of all this "CDPR is so generous" argument has become the blanket argument for everything, it's starting to sound cult like or even robotic. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but you are shutting down all discussion with this blanket statement that has nothing to do with the argument what so ever.

He is absolutely correct, for players sitting on loads of scraps which they can't spend as it is, being forced to buy this pack for 35€ feels like a kick in the balls. These are exclusive items that will not be obtainable any other way and of course those who have been here since day one want to collect all they can because they invested lots of money and time on this game.

It is a generous deal for those interested in the kegs but we are not, we have enough scraps to craft the next few expansions should more be released. For the rest of us it's a really bad deal because we are being asked to pay 35 bucks for these two cosmetic items. We are not feeling the generosity at all right now.

Don't buy it then. Look at it like at luxury item - it is not for all. You can play game for free and have loads of scraps, ore and even dust but CDPR has to make money so here is preorder with 40 kegs with bonus cardback and skin. Do you want to support them? Buy it. If not - Don't buy it. Simple as that.

Other stuff is cheap or even free (leader skins from reward book, board for year of the wild boar). Looks like cosmetics will have some price and boohoo starts.

Last edited:
Don't buy it then. Look at it like at luxury item - it is not for all. You can play game for free and have loads of scraps, ore and even dust but CDPR has to make money so here is preorder with 40 kegs with bonus cardback and skin. Do you want to support them? Buy it. If not - Don't buy it. Simple as that.

Other stuff is cheap or even free (skins from reward book). Looks like cosmetics will have some price and boohoo starts.

Again, avoiding the point. We don't care that cosmetics have a price, it's the fact that it's lumped in with 40 kegs we can't make use of for a juicy price of 35 bucks. I'm not feeling supportive when I feel I'm being forced to do it in order to get these items. You want what's best for CDPR? Then you should support this argument because as is they will lose a lot of money on people who "don't buy what they do not need".

Nerys

Forum regular
I mean you know nothing/have no data and CDPR have numbers. They did probably some research if this offer and price will be ok or not and decided to do it in this way. :shrug:

Again, avoiding the point. We don't care that cosmetics have a price, it's the fact that it's lumped in with 40 kegs we can't make use of for a juicy price of 35 bucks. I'm not feeling supportive when I feel I'm being forced to do it in order to get these items. You want what's best for CDPR? Then you should support this argument because as is they will lose a lot of money on people who "don't buy what they do not need".

You are not feeling supportive? Yes my friend you are not supportive at all. Just dont have one thing in this game you wont die. This is the price you take it or you leave it. You are like i want to support the game but i want this cosmetic for 5 bucks. This is not support this is pure greed

You are not feeling supportive? Yes my friend you are not supportive at all. Just dont have one thing in this game you wont die. This is the price you take it or you leave it. You are like i want to support the game but i want this cosmetic for 5 bucks. This is not support this is pure greed

Another one who isn't reading properly. First I never said I want anything for 5 bucks, stop putting words in my mouth please. Secondly, like the other two you just skip the part of my argument that is relevant, I DON'T NEED 40 KEGS WHICH MAKES UP THE BULK OF THE PRICE, I have loads of scraps. Throwing these limited items in there with said kegs can be considered "pure greed" but I'll take it as an oversight and simply pass on this offer adding one more factor to why I no longer enjoy this game and with this I rest my case. There is nothing left to say that hasn't been said.

They mention in the description of The preorder that slightly different items might appear in the shop, so you should be good. But i must say my oppinion ist we all should invest some money from time to time into gwent, no matter how much resources we already have. Otherwise it will not be supported over the years.

Another one who isn't reading properly. First I never said I want anything for 5 bucks, stop putting words in my mouth please. Secondly, like the other two you just skip the part of my argument that is relevant, I DON'T NEED 40 KEGS WHICH MAKES UP THE BULK OF THE PRICE, I have loads of scraps. Throwing these limited items in there with said kegs can be considered "pure greed" but I'll take it as an oversight and simply pass on this offer adding one more factor to why I no longer enjoy this game and with this I rest my case. There is nothing left to say that hasn't been said.

You think you are only one who have '' loads of scrap '' here ?
That means you played tons of game, you earned tons of rewards, you have tons of fun and good time for months and you get all that from '' Generous Cdpr'' and for free because I somehow doubt you spend tons of money hah....
And after all these things you simple not feel that supporting game and devs who working on game is right but even brag how they blackmail you because they have price for something.....
Seems legit really....

I think nobody contests the fact that CDPR does not owe us anything.

It's obvious that CDPR has been very generous since the beginning of Gwent. And it's maybe the game I played the most.

Therefore, I would like to buy this pack to support them, even if I really don't need those 40 kegs.

However, I would have preferred a "cheaper" version. I don't think it is realistic to ask for a pack with cardback and skin only.

But maybe CDPR could offer a pack with 20 kegs, cardback and skin, for 20€ ?

As I said, I intend to buy the pack anyway, but I'm pretty sure that some people would definitely buy a 20 kegs pack, whereas they would pass on a 40 kegs pack.

In my country the bundle cost is 24usd. Even without the kegs is a good price.

I think that in the places where it is more expensive, it would not be a bad idea to sell the cosmetics separately. They could even be permanent. This "exclusive" business model is very silly and we already have it in HS, Gwent is supposed to surpass it enormously in that aspect, but here they forgot it.

I have many exclusive things like Blizzcon cosmetics, Twitch promotions (Tyrande) and the truth is ridiculous that they are only limited time. The best thing would be that everyone has what they like most and they let him pay for it even if he arrives at the game later.

Can you imagine in the future having to buy a wooden dildo to obtain a Barnabas design? (Limited time)

In my country the bundle cost is 24usd. Even without the kegs is a good price.

I think that in the places where it is more expensive, it would not be a bad idea to sell the cosmetics separately. They could even be permanent. This "exclusive" business model is very silly and we already have it in HS, Gwent is supposed to surpass it enormously in that aspect, but here they forgot it.

I have many exclusive things like Blizzcon cosmetics, Twitch promotions (Tyrande) and the truth is ridiculous that they are only limited time. The best thing would be that everyone has what they like most and they let him pay for it even if he arrives at the game later.

Can you imagine in the future having to buy a wooden dildo to obtain a Barnabas design? (Limited time)
what country is this?

what country is this?

Uruguay

It is normal for companies to put prices with adjustments to the economy of Latin America.
The bad thing for my country is that companies almost always exclude us from adjustments, fortunately CDPR does not leave us aside in that.
Most of the time we pay US prices, sometimes worse ... prices in Euros. (I opened a keg by mistake when I went to take the screenshot, it was a good barrel luckily: p)

Attachments

• 2019-03-19_1516_1.png
    2019-03-19_1516_1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • 2019-03-19_1515_2.png
    2019-03-19_1515_2.png
    853.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Top Bottom