About free legendary items after 1.2

+
So this is a quote taken from the "Patch 1.2 - List of changes" thread:

"So they unnecessarily tweaked the loot locations as well and completely removed the free monowire and free mantis blades but hey just another screw you to the consumer... they also pulled out numerous legendary clothing items making a matching set unachievable..."

im really curious why they removed them... its not like parts of the clothing sets were already missing at the first place now it seems they removed even more of them instead adding the missed ones? What's the point in those actions..? Why are they so good in stealth removing items but not capable of adding Maikos gun f.e.? The more I read about 1.2 the less im motivated to progress my current char - I kinda feel scammed on every corner... first the whole crafting situation now the loss of free legendarys... what's the point in all of this? I thought CDPR fights to regaining faith in their playerbase but it kinda looks the opposite for me somehow... - any ideas why they done it?

Last edited:
I disliked the fact that you could get them for free so easily, it doesn't feel like a reward after you already know where to find it, so this change is a welcome one in my book. If you want it so bad, save money and buy it, it's not like they took it completely out from the game. It will make the game a little bit more challenging as well.

I disliked the fact that you could get them for free so easily, it doesn't feel like a reward after you already know where to find it, so this change is a welcome one in my book. If you want it so bad, save money and buy it, it's not like they took it completely out from the game. It will make the game a little bit more challenging as well.

they added the theme sets to the vendor? are u sure about that?... I kinda doubt it... its not about the cyberware but about the clothing sets which seem to be unachivable at present...

edit: and for the cyberware - more challenging? lamo - it makes it just more grindy that's all

Last edited:
I havent checked but it would be annoying if they removed the clothing sets or parts of them. I have gone to various clothing stores but I havent seen any of the legendary sets you can find, that I'm aware of.
If you think they are too good, you simply shouldnt pick them up or if you did; dont use them. Noone forces you to. I specifically wait til far into the game to pick up certain legendary clothing items.

So this is a quote taken from the "Patch 1.2 - List of changes" thread:

"So they unnecessarily tweaked the loot locations as well and completely removed the free monowire and free mantis blades but hey just another screw you to the consumer... they also pulled out numerous legendary clothing items making a matching set unachievable..."

im really curious why they removed them... its not like parts of the clothing sets were already missing at the first place now it seems they removed even more of them instead adding the missed ones? What's the point in those actions..? Why are they so good in stealth removing items but not capable of adding Maikos gun f.e.? The more I read about 1.2 the less im motivated to progress my current char - I kinda feel scammed on every corner... first the whole crafting situation now the loss of free legendarys... what's the point in all of this? I thought CDPR fights to regaining faith in their playerbase but it kinda looks the opposite for me somehow... - any ideas why they done it?
Do we have confirmation of any specific legendaries being removed? Or is this just hearsay?

Guest 4400165

I haven't seen any matching sets before, legendary or not. And I've dumped over 300 hrs in this game. Seen many people complained about not being able to obtain clothes that some NPCs, wear, since they're already in the game.
Are you, guys, sure "matching legendary sets" even a thing?

im really curious why they removed them... its not like parts of the clothing sets were already missing at the first place now it seems they removed even more of them instead adding the missed ones?
Re mantis blades and monowire, they can still be bought, and from what I've read the free ones were problematic with levelling, insofar as they just didn't.

If you looted the free leg monowire and mantis blades at a low player level, their item level and damage got stuck at that level. So you'd nerf them permanently by looting them pre level 50.

Do we have confirmation of any specific legendaries being removed? Or is this just hearsay?
Or possibly trolling.

Cyberpunk is being industrially trolled. Hard.

In a very similar manner to No Man's Sky.

Sony as Arasaka? Yeah I can see that.

I haven't seen any matching sets before, legendary or not. And I've dumped over 300 hrs in this game.
than u have missed a lot in your 300 hrs... there are/were several legendary ones out in the open world f.e the netrunner, corpo, rocker, solo, media and police one - there was also a nomads one but on this were already parts missing from day one.

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

than u have missed a lot in your 300 hrs... there are/were several legendary ones out in the open world f.e the netrunner, corpo, rocker, solo, media and police one - there was also a nomads one but on this were already parts missing from day one.
Heh, I wouldn't call that "a lot", it's just clothes.
I've seen some of those, but don't think they were Legendary.

Edit: I looked it up, and if the guide is correct, the items weren't complete sets, just some of them were thematic clothing. Also, if that guide is correct, then there were never full legendary sets to begin with. For example: NCPD - shirt (outer torso), helm, vest, neotac pants (?). Netrunner - suit (inner torso), visor, pants, boots. Rocker - pants, T-shirt. And so on.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
every set has several items spread all over the map - most of them are complete aside the upper head gear - the netrunner set has less parts and the nomads set as said is missing at least 1 if not 2 parts since release, not sure if 1 or 2 tbh. some parts are/were just lootable after certain sidemissions like the corpo shoes f.e needed "i fight the law" to be done. although the sets dont have a direct connection to those mission they just spawn after you completed them.

Last edited:
edit: and for the cyberware - more challenging? lamo - it makes it just more grindy that's all

Anyone who's played a survival game knows that a grind can be part of the challenge. Is it a fun part? Not necessarily, but it can definitely add to a player's Sense of Pride and Accomplishment.™

Cyberpunk already feels pretty grindy though, and thus I don't really like the idea of piling more on top of what's already there. This is supposed to be a story-driven experience, after all.

Heh, I wouldn't call that "a lot", it's just clothes.
I've seen some of those, but don't think they were Legendary.

Edit: I looked it up, and if the guide is correct, the items weren't complete sets, just some of them were thematic clothing. Also, if that guide is correct, then there were never full legendary sets to begin with. For example: NCPD - shirt (outer torso), helm, vest, neotac pants (?). Netrunner - suit (inner torso), visor, pants, boots. Rocker - pants, T-shirt. And so on.

Source

why are u even trying to discuss this? your source is garbage take that one here: source
I got 3 chars with every set on them - now im on my 4th char and am afraid that 1.2 took parts away.... seriously why do u question the existing at all?

oh and sorry I forgot the Techi one - shame on me : /

Last edited:
I haven't seen any matching sets before, legendary or not. And I've dumped over 300 hrs in this game. Seen many people complained about not being able to obtain clothes that some NPCs, wear, since they're already in the game.
Are you, guys, sure "matching legendary sets" even a thing?

They're a thing, though I can't confirm whether or not they were removed. There was a matching set of legendary gear that you could acquire for each of the classes in the old Cyberpunk 2020 TTRPG.

I always saw the blades and monowire a reward for exploring or killing something that is very hard to kill... they should have just put them every other character starting position to be changed. So those things to be in different position.

Edit, (referenced post got deleted, so the context for this is absent) Yeah I don't think that's what the op is saying exactly - he's saying the cumulative effect of the various changes is causing the lack of enthusiasm, rather than that one thing.

In a way I get it - eg. you can't just stumble across as much legendary stuff now.

I can kinda understand cdpr wants to stop players getting powerful gear early, as a lot of people were looking up where these items are and rushing straight to them. But many others would be simply exploring and find awesome stuff randomly which is part of the enjoyment of exploration.

Reading through the thread im wondering if anything interesting is left in night city without having to spend a load of money?

The same thing with limiting player movements more now, parkour and climbing has been limited - again I can understand cdpr wants to stop players glitching into areas they're not supposed to be in, but also knowing that the exploration is likely to be more restricted makes it less enticing - with all these changes I think to myself "probably not much point going anywhere except for the mission area, because it's either shut off or doesn't contain interesting loot" now which is a bit of a bummer tbh.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of the changes are pretty small by themselves, and I can imagine many players ARE going to moan about the legendaries :p but when you look at all the changes together, it does seem a bit much - I'd rather they carried on fixing the game first and worry about the legendaries and people exploring later.
Post automatically merged:

Guys, for what it's worth I just found a legendary early - dead cop with holo tint goggles in Watson northside. I'm level 5 on my new character and the goggles are lvl 6.
At least there a few around still. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom