About Immunity

+
Since this Keyword is dead, it`s on very few units, and if you give it to somethings it becomes overpowered, and it`s not a healthy keyword in general, Maybe changing it to something else would be better, and give more of it to Monster cards, making it instead of being Untargetable, to be immune to statutes, would be better in my opinion, so you can`t Apply Poisen, bleeding, vitality, shield, etc etc, but it`s targatable and can be killed with damage, and i do believe cards like Gremist or Caretaker need some resistance to poisen effects, so giving them this keyword would make them viable counters to poisen, beside other possible cards that can have this keyword, also, since Monsters don`t have proper purify, giving them more of this might help them, that`s the idea i got about Immunity.

Defenders basically replaced immunity. That said, giving any faction resistance to statuses would undermine the status decks and would be a major disadvantage to NG. Essentially it would devistate the meta.

Defenders basically replaced immunity. That said, giving any faction resistance to statuses would undermine the status decks and would be a major disadvantage to NG. Essentially it would devistate the meta.
Not whole factions, just some cards, and we already have complete immunity(Except for AOE damages), this is just status immunity.

Not whole factions, just some cards, and we already have complete immunity(Except for AOE damages), this is just status immunity.
Honestly I think the reason immunity is dead is because of the effect on the meta. Remember the MO leader ability to make cards immune. Status immunity would still have a disproportionate effect on status decks. There is no way to plan around it. MO would not be able to bleed them. ST could not poison them. NG couldn’t lock or poison, and SY couldn’t bounty. SK also relies on bleed for some drain decks. The impact would be systemic and thus is not something to consider lightly.

Honestly I think the reason immunity is dead is because of the effect on the meta. Remember the MO leader ability to make cards immune. Status immunity would still have a disproportionate effect on status decks. There is no way to plan around it. MO would not be able to bleed them. ST could not poison them. NG couldn’t lock or poison, and SY couldn’t bounty. SK also relies on bleed for some drain decks. The impact would be systemic and thus is not something to consider lightly.
It's not like every card should have them man, just a rework to this keyword, and possibly add it on those few cards that can have it, also this was my idea, feel free to share yours about possible immunity rework, Might help Devs who knows.

It's not like every card should have them man, just a rework to this keyword, and possibly add it on those few cards that can have it, also this was my idea, feel free to share yours about possible immunity rework, Might help Devs who knows.

I get what you are saying. I do. My point was defenders are the rework. You said yourself immunity is mostly dead. In most cases immunity has been removed in favor of vitality, or other perks. Leaders don’t spread it, some cards protect other cards, but not from statuses, just damage.

I am sorry if you were offended by my disagreeing with your suggestion. I merely sought to suggest that introducing status immune units would recreate the same problem they fixed by killing immunity. An alternative might be poison proof units, or a new tag that makes units status immune if you apply it with a special card. In any event sorry if I offended.

I get what you are saying. I do. My point was defenders are the rework. You said yourself immunity is mostly dead. In most cases immunity has been removed in favor of vitality, or other perks. Leaders don’t spread it, some cards protect other cards, but not from statuses, just damage.

I am sorry if you were offended by my disagreeing with your suggestion. I merely sought to suggest that introducing status immune units would recreate the same problem they fixed by killing immunity. An alternative might be poison proof units, or a new tag that makes units status immune if you apply it with a special card. In any event sorry if I offended.
Haha what offence? none taken, and that's the problem, all sorts of protection work only against Damage, Statuses pretty much ignore everything, literally, except for bleeding that can hit shield, but main problem is Poisen, it ignores Armor, Shield, as well as enemy units power. Also this basically a Nerf to immunity, since it already does this, you can't put Any kind of Status on a unit with immunity. It can be applied to very few cards aswell.

While i'm not a fan of immunity, i think it could work in a limited or conditional way. For example a siege engine could have "Crew: Gain Immunity until the start of your turn".

completely agree with OP. Makes sense especially for an insectoid monster to be immune to poison for instance.

Yes, immunity could be distributed in a way to make sense of some mechanics. A machine should be immune to bleeding and poison, you should not be able to bleed to death a ship.
Being killed by lightning falling from the sky is different from being struck by a spear, some units could be immune to magic or physical damage if differentiated.

Complete immunity does not make sense, it is like the unit that possesses it is inside an invisible bubble.

Actually, I agree with OP. Immunity of the past is obsolete and mostly just create shenanigans if used.

I think as OP says immunity would be way better if it prevents the unit from receiving a status. It could be used in alot of ways if it was like that.

An alternative might be poison proof units, or a new tag that makes units status immune if you apply it with a special card. In any event sorry if I offended.
I like those ideas : some units should be poison proof but they also shouldn't be unit that buff themselves easily.
Like you can boost them with other cards but for instance don't make a thrive unit that is immune to poison ^^'
Post automatically merged:

or a new tag that makes units status immune if you apply it with a special card.
Not a big fan of this one tho, would see a ton of abuse IMO.
Or it has to be very restrictive to who you can play it on (limited to a tag unit like only playable on vampires).

While i'm not a fan of immunity, i think it could work in a limited or conditional way. For example a siege engine could have "Crew: Gain Immunity until the start of your turn".
I like this one really much. Time limited Immunity for X turns.
It should be really costly for giving it to allies. But it could be a great tool for some bodies or even simple boost engines.
NR for sure would like having some immune soldiers which do nothing but stick around for crew. The same for a dwarf.

I don't mind immunity, the few unit cards that have it are not overpowered, it makes milaen an ok card, that ironically kinda counters poison along with the dragon and Gabor. They don't have to introduce any new cards with the mechanic but they also don't have to change cards all the time, just focus on new cards. This changing old cards with anything other provisions mean the reworked cards might become OP and need to be nerfed again it's an neverending cycle I prefer new cards with new mechanics. If anything the Phoenix egg spawned from that high provision neutral card could probably get the immunity status and still not be considered OP even if one built an entire meme deck around that on card.

Top Bottom