About missable cards...pls

+
Hi guys at CDPR!
I have recently gotten back into TW3 and finally finished it at 100% (which required 2 playthroughs of course), my only problem is that I'd really like to have the collect'em all quest completed on my main playthrough (where I have all my main achievements, playtime, inventory, etc) because even though it doesn't really change anything since I have it completed in other games, it's extremely frustrating to keep having an uncompleted quest even though you've done everything you could in the game... I spent hours
trying to get every card by searching for all merchants before realizing I missed 2 or 3 missable cards (I feel pretty dumb right now XD). I just wanted to ask (since the game is getting more attention because of the series and switch release) if there could be a way to get these missable cards after you completely finished the game.
A sad but passionate fan!

There are some cards that can only be obtained in a quest, or during a quest. and if you missed that then there's no way (I know of) to obtain those cards.

There are some cards that can only be obtained in a quest, or during a quest. and if you missed that then there's no way (I know of) to obtain those cards.
Yeah... that's my point. I didn't miss any quests but I didn't win every match in the tournament because I didn't abuse the game by saving before matches like everyone.

Just to clarify... (even though I don't think this thread'll get any attention) I'm saying CDPR should ADD a way to get the cards, like they did with the inkeeperess in white orchard

Personally, I don't think it should be that easy to get every card. Even if that can sometimes be annoying. For me, that is part of the journey and sometimes you miss things. And yeah, I know it can be a polarizing topic. Anyhow, 4 years after the release I wouldn't expect a patch dealing with that.

However, on PC you can install a mod that gives you easier access to many Gwent cards. For example, this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1054/ (I don't know how good it is, because I've only played the vanilla version)

Personally, I don't think it should be that easy to get every card. Even if that can sometimes be annoying. For me, that is part of the journey and sometimes you miss things. And yeah, I know it can be a polarizing topic. Anyhow, 4 years after the release I wouldn't expect a patch dealing with that.

However, on PC you can install a mod that gives you easier access to many Gwent cards. For example, this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1054/ (I don't know how good it is, because I've only played the vanilla version)

Although I strongly agree with you about the fact that they shouldn't give out important and hard to get cards... I think there's a line between giving them and the actual state that they're in. Even though like you said it's part of the journey and you can try harder on another playthrough, since you can't erase or filter out quests, you should be able to fail the quest instead of just keeping it in your log like it's still doable. And I know that they probably won't patch it but because of the switch port I'm guessing there'll be a lot of new players with the same problem... we'll see what they do about it.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Mekc

Forum regular
Yeah... that's my point. I didn't miss any quests but I didn't win every match in the tournament because I didn't abuse the game by saving before matches like everyone.

Well next playthrough you can win them all.

You didn't want to abuse the game by saving, but you want to abuse the game by getting these cards handed to you for losing? Huh.

Well next playthrough you can win them all.

You didn't want to abuse the game by saving, but you want to abuse the game by getting these cards handed to you for losing? Huh.
I never said I wanted to abuse the game... that's why I want a legitimate way to get them after you get all other possible cards in the entire game (which are 196-3 and in my case 196-1). I just find it a bit weird to get punished after 1 error in a quest where you have to invest many many hours... I did all the gwent related quest and haven't got the card because of 1 match. I find that they did a way better job in BaW by having a gwent focused tournament where instead of instantly punishing the player by removing his possibility to get unique cards, they made him bet large amounts of money, his sword, etc... and the reward is a trophy that isn't obligatory for any achievements but is satisfying enough for the gwent aficionados.

Mekc

Forum regular
I never said I wanted to abuse the game... that's why I want a legitimate way to get them after you get all other possible cards in the entire game (which are 196-3 and in my case 196-1). I just find it a bit weird to get punished after 1 error in a quest where you have to invest many many hours... I did all the gwent related quest and haven't got the card because of 1 match. I find that they did a way better job in BaW by having a gwent focused tournament where instead of instantly punishing the player by removing his possibility to get unique cards, they made him bet large amounts of money, his sword, etc... and the reward is a trophy that isn't obligatory for any achievements but is satisfying enough for the gwent aficionados.

Add any card you want with debugg console (use mod for it). Not sure that Collect 'em all will be triggered as complete if you do that, but - anyway it's the only way possible.

Add any card you want with debugg console (use mod for it). Not sure that Collect 'em all will be triggered as complete if you do that, but - anyway it's the only way possible.

It shouldn't be if it's done through the console. The correct flags won't be thrown.

As for the "Collect'em all!" thing, it's actually quite a challenge, by all accounts. There are a few bugs hiding out here and there that can bork it, and it's very easy to advance the plot without realizing it before you've collected all of the cards from that stage. At that point, certain quests will become inactive, and the player won't be able to get them later on.

I'd say the best bet for this achievement is to do a "Gwent Playthrough". Having a walkthrough close at hand is a good idea, just to ensure you don't miss anything. If something seems to be weird or just not working, reload immediately and try again. Then, to the dogs with the war, Ciri, Yen, and that flippin' griffin the whole village won't shut up about -- we gots cards on the table!

Personally, I don't think it should be that easy to get every card.

There is a big difference between "impossible" and "difficult".

It should not be possible to being impossible to acquire all cards. If there is an achievement for it, you should be able to get the card without starting a new game and planning the whole game in advance...

In all sorts of games, a lot of achievements can become impossible, if you fail to do something important along the way, make a different choice or whatever.

Can anyone help me? I'm playing the PC version of Witcher 3. The quest Nilfgaardian Nobleman isnt showing up in my completed, failed, or to do quests. I am only missing 1 card and this one wont show up. I've played him several times and the quest never shows up anywhere. What do I do?

Can anyone help me? I'm playing the PC version of Witcher 3. The quest Nilfgaardian Nobleman isnt showing up in my completed, failed, or to do quests. I am only missing 1 card and this one wont show up. I've played him several times and the quest never shows up anywhere. What do I do?

Hmmm, I don’t recall it being a separate quest. But yes, he may be gone at some part of the game. But what card are you missing? Maybe you are missing a different card...

Top Bottom