About refunds

+
I'm in the same boat as you. Steam refusing a refund on a game that I cant play...
Hopefully CDPR can step in and do something. I feel a bit scammed and saying I'm disappointed is an understatement.
Anyone know if a chargeback is viable?
at your own risk is the consensus, it may or may not effect your standing with steam

Regarding the topic of this thread, I would like to remind everyone that CDPR does not own Steam, and, unfortunately, probably has little infleunce on that platform's refund policies.

GOG, on the other hand, which is a part of the CD PROJEKT Group, has a far more lenient refund policy, which allows players to return their games within 30 days of purchase, even if they launched and played the title. This aligns with CDPR's gamer-friendly philosophy.

Wow, that sounds neat. Now, I'm trying to contact Steam customer support but they are just telling me to contact CDPRs. You're confirming that you can return the game if you had bought it on gog with over 2 hours of playtime then?
That's good to know.

Wow, that sounds neat. Now, I'm trying to contact Steam customer support but they are just telling me to contact CDPRs. You're confirming that you can return the game if you had bought it on gog with over 2 hours of playtime then?
That's good to know.
No. On GOG (CDPRs own digital games platform) that's the refund policy. Steam has there own once you've played more than 2 hours.

No. On GOG (CDPRs own digital games platform) that's the refund policy. Steam has there own once you've played more than 2 hours.

Yea, read my question again please. I'm trying to clarify what "launched and played the title" means by GOGs standards. No time limit?
I understand that GOG and steam are two different entities.

Exactly the same with me. I just want to talk to a real person and try to get it sorted. Steam customer service is really appalling.

Similar case for me. Though Playstation's refund policy is far worse. You are only allowed a refund if you are within 14 days of launch and haven't downloaded the game. Basically akin to a store saying no refunds if the shrinkrap is broken. I'm really regretting having bought this right now. I'm sure they will fix it up over time but I really thought that after Witcher 3's rough launch that they would have done a better job launching it in a good state so I wouldn't need to worry about that kind of thing.

you bought it via steam, so steam rules apply, not gog's or cdpr's

Okay, wow. I'm not confused on this part. I'm just trying to understand how big of a difference there is between GOG and Steam.

Exactly the same with me. I just want to talk to a real person and try to get it sorted. Steam customer service is really appalling.

Yea, me too. I can't talk to steam apparently, I have to turn directly to CDPR according to them...
Post automatically merged:

That is correct. The only time limit on games bought on GOG is the 30 day period after purchase. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with the Steam situation.

Thank you. I didn't know there could be such a fundamental difference in approach to returns when it comes to the same product.

Thank you. I didn't know there could be such a fundamental difference in approach to returns when it comes to the same product.
You're welcome. Yes, this is one the many points which sets CDPR apart from other developers, and GOG from other platforms. Many players choose GOG, because of CDPR's difference in philosophy.

Sorry, I understand your disappointment.
But you went with Steam and their policies are locked down and air tight.
And this whole song and dance of spending 3 hours to make it work.... It can neither be proven or disproved by either party.
So its a none factor in their decision, and CDPR cant do jack for you because refunding you would still mean the profit stays with Steam instead of a refund trough steam with a claim to CDPR for a credit.

And this whole song and dance of spending 3 hours to make it work....

Song and dance?
You make it sound like I'm the only one out here experiencing major issues with the game.
You clearly don't understand my disapointment.

I've been sent here by steam. I've tried contacting their CS and they won't even talk to me. I'm waiting for CDPR, maybe they'll just send me back to steam and on I go. Regardless, I'm not gona sit idly by while a dragon burns my hold and sl.. no, i mean idly by just because I can't prove that I'm not lying. I got a couple of screenshots and video clips from the glitches that I'm prepare to send them if they'd even TALK to me.

I've been denied a refund on this game after logging 3.8 hours. Of these 3.8 hours the majority of it has been spent trying to tweak the game in the menu settings, replaying the introduction sequence due to visual bugs making it impossible for me to complete them and just overall restarts.

The fact that Steam and CD Project blindly just copypastes me the same message of roughly;

"More than 2 hours lol, ggs"

is just straight up chilling. I'd expect that from EA or Activision.
I literally have just been wrestling with this non-optimized product you gave me and when I (and my computer) finally caved you're gona tell me I've PLAYED for too long?

Anyways, I'm sorry to bring negativity to this joy-ride but I literally don't know what to do.

I feel your pain. I'd have refunded myself, after spending a similar amount of time simply trying to achieve manageable framerates on a PC far exceeding the recommended specs.

I ended up playing until after the first major 'heist' goes banana shaped, and promptly threw in the towel. Hopefully patches/drivers fixes this - there is apparently a problem with 1000 series cards at present.

I want a refund as well.

False advertising at its finest. Male genitalia is sensored after the character creation screen. Hardly any male romance options for female/straight male/gay V. The devs said there would be even amounts for both male and female V...but once again they cater to straight white males by giving them a ton of beautiful (white/latin) women to choose from and hardly any males.

I'm deleting this game and reporting fraud to my bank.

I want a refund as well.

False advertising at its finest. Male genitalia is sensored after the character creation screen. Hardly any male romance options for female/straight male/gay V. The devs said there would be even amounts for both male and female V...but once again they cater to straight white males by giving them a ton of beautiful (white/latin) women to choose from and hardly any males.

I'm deleting this game and reporting fraud to my bank.
I purchased from steam and I have 6 whole hours. I played maybe one though, lol. I was in character creation for a while because well, I hate the appearances and thought I was overlooking something. After it not being how I thought it be I left the game open and started searching around about other aspects of the game (I didn't want spoilers before but I stopped caring). Wish there was an equal amount of romances, one technically isn't even a romance but I won't say since that is a spoiler.

Not looking for a refund though but I'm glad that I learned about the 2 hour thing for any future games I get on steam. I'm going to hope there are some sort of changes in the game, patches, free DLC, etc.

Steams 2 hour window is bunk imo...many new releases have issues and one can easily blow through 2 hours just trying to get a game to function. They really need to up it to 4-6 hours...and thats not like someone could scam and get a lot done in 4-6 hours, they need to change that crap. When I buy a new game on Steam, I keep watch of my time, if it runs like ass, I stop short kf the 2hr mark and get a refund...which is sad and actually bad for the game; a couple more hours and maybe I could have figured out how to make it better (looking at you Baldurs Gate 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn)...oh well.

FYI, you can always try for a refund again on Steam. The fact you got told no once doesn't mean another agent would say no.

As a side note, I've gotten games refunded on Steam with 3 to 4 hours of playtime. It all depends on how you explain things and the agent you're getting. They also seem much more inclined to refund if you're willing to send it to your Steam wallet since they know that ultimately that money is going to come back

Top Bottom