About refunds

+
Well despite the fact that in some cases refunds are time limited, the game possibly or possibly not being sorted out in a few weeks is a piss poor reason not to claim a refund and an even shittier defence of the game. If you had a roaster that didn't work you wouldn't say give it a few weeks for the toaster manufacturer to make it a good toaster.

Bad analogy.
A game can be patched...and eventually fixed. A toaster cannot be "patched" and can only either just be returned or swapped. Completely different scenario.

I understand that folks are disappointed....but really, did you expect the game to be the perfect three piece suit? Why do people always let the hype monster skull bang them to death thinking that finally....finally a company will release a game thats absolutely perfect in every way....with no bugs, no issues...and will run completely fine on my equipment.

Ive seen two patches already in the first week of release. Theyre on it the best they can.

I know my reply wont help yours or anybody else's decision......but its only been four days.

Bad analogy.
A game can be patched...and eventually fixed. A toaster cannot be "patched" and can only either just be returned or swapped. Completely different scenario.

I understand that folks are disappointed....but really, did you expect the game to be the perfect three piece suit? Why do people always let the hype monster skull bang them to death thinking that finally....finally a company will release a game thats absolutely perfect in every way....with no bugs, no issues...and will run completely fine on my equipment.

Ive seen two patches already in the first week of release. Theyre on it the best they can.

I know my reply wont help yours or anybody else's decision......but its only been four days.
Not everyone is wanting refunds for bugs though.
Also the bugs in this game are really damn bad

Not everyone is wanting refunds for bugs though.
Also the bugs in this game are really damn bad

I know what all the reasons are....thats why i included the word "issues" in my post.

Issues = A general term i used to describe all the other gripes that people are having with this game at the moment.

:)

Guest 4456526

2 hours is Steam policy for all games. The answer is to pay attention to the timer and don't spend the first 2 hours in the menus tinkering with settings. Do that stuff after you have decided on keeping the game or not. Goes for all games on Steam. If we're not satisfied with those terms Steam would be the right instance of complaint, not this forum.

at your own risk is the consensus, it may or may not effect your standing with steam
Somebody enlighten Steam! They should understand the difference between "playing for X hours" and "being logged in for X hours" and trying the game to function properly. This greedy world goes down the tubes.

Bad analogy.

Well my analogy is as bad as your defence. Nobody is asking for a perfect game with no bugs, that is practically impossible. This game is seriously broken and unplayable for many. If this game were released 20 years ago it would have been sent straight to the bargain bin.

Hey guys,

Have you tried the below - sending the email to their dedicated email address?

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Apologies if so, just trying to give you more options!

All the best,
CT

Same i am glad i bought it on steam so i can get a refound if the developers cant focus on making the game launch without getting the damn "cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" over and over again becouse i KNOW my PC can handle it yet it wont even start.

If you are a EU Citizen or Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein you can escalate the refund problem to the EU ODR (Online Dispute Resolution). It's a branch of EU Consumer Protection specialized in On-Line Trading.

I have made a refund request on the 11th - i have NOT received any sort of response from CDPR - tomorrow I will open a complaint to ODR to get my money back by legal means if not by the so called "consumer friendly company policies".

I suggest to all EU Citizens, that if CDPR does not respond, or refuse without valid legal reasons go to EU ODR to make a complaint.

Link bellow (or just search on Google for EU ODR):

Good luck, and get your hard worked money back if you want to, it's your right.

Stay safe.

I'm playing on base PS4 and I cannot use the fast travel right outside V's apartment and it won't register on the map that I walked right up to it. It doesn't let me fast travel either

I have 3.5hrs in Steam, a chunk of that on character creation and tabbing out while experiencing technical issues to see if others have had it and to research potential fixes. In larger games 2hrs goes by FAST even without going far in the game itself. Also the argument of "Sorry you've played more than 2hrs" became weak the moment they issued their first refund to a player with over 2hrs in a game.

I've e-mailed CDPR and have a manual Steam ticket open. Last option will be submitting a complaint online with my State Attorney General. There's mounds of evidence of technical issues, as well as what was marketed and what was delivered. Hoping for the easier resolution but sometimes you need to hold their feet to the flames. Don't take no for an answer, good luck!

I have 3.5hrs in Steam, a chunk of that on character creation and tabbing out while experiencing technical issues to see if others have had it and to research potential fixes. In larger games 2hrs goes by FAST even without going far in the game itself. Also the argument of "Sorry you've played more than 2hrs" became weak the moment they issued their first refund to a player with over 2hrs in a game.

I've e-mailed CDPR and have a manual Steam ticket open. Last option will be submitting a complaint online with my State Attorney General. There's mounds of evidence of technical issues, as well as what was marketed and what was delivered. Hoping for the easier resolution but sometimes you need to hold their feet to the flames. Don't take no for an answer, good luck!

Yea I couldn't get through by using the steam refund option. I had to open a manual ticket with some random option (my account-> settings and payments-> i have a question about jesus, or whatever) and explain my case there. I had a couple of other options, going through paypal, the ODR and contacting entities outside of steam to try to see a an actual refund (to my paypal) through but I ended up settling with steam wallet. There's always more games to be bought.

On another note, I'll most definetly keep track of the games continued development and if it's ever actually finished one day I might give it a go.

Good luck, folks.

I cannot for the love of God get a refund both on Steam and Ps STORE, even if, regarding the latter, they made a tweet post about it being possible. I just feel so scammed at the moment, without anyone replying to my emails or phone calls whatsoever.

Well, it seems that CDPR stopped answering re-fund request - I made my request on the 11th of December, and until now (15th) no answer - just an automatic generated e-mail.

Seems we have to go to EU Consumer Protection Agency to resolve this situation.
Too bad, I really wasn't expecting this from CDPR, extremely disappointing behavior.

Does CPR have a direct support email? I purchased Playstation version but it's almost unplayable as it keeps crashing on my PS5. I also have a series X and would gladly accept a code for this version over returning my PS4 version. Can anyone help with a way to get in touch with CPR?

CPR has been silent regarding their dead/dummy 'refund email' and they havent said a damn word to anyone or at least everyone has been saying they havent gotten a single back. PS store isn't refunding and this A-holes are running out the backdoor with everyone's money.

The CD is responsible for the CD and not for Microsoft or Sony. The relationship between companies is not our competence. I wish the author of the topic all the luck in the world.

However, I insist, the game will be fixed and, even, changed and positively.

If I could refund my PS4 version for a PC version, trust me, I would since I'd have the option of getting a better PC in the future. But given that no one at CD Projekt Red is answering their emails right now...I suppose that isn't really an option lol.

Hi,
I got that funny email from playstation support to wait for patches from cd projekt so I got mad and called again to playstation support and this is what they told me:
This mess with Cyberpunk is so big that they have special team in Sony dealing with it, they dont denie that there is a problem and they dont just say anymore that if you downloaded the game or played or any of that crap you have no right to refund, they are in touch with cd projekt red and trying to resolve the refunding issues, he took my info and send my case to team dealing with it.
I dont know if they just playing on time with this and try to wear us out but I will keep calling, cause I feel that they lied just to get my money knowing the game is piece of sh... so I wont let it slide.

One more thing I tryed to find what faulty content means for Sony like something specific for ex. if you download the game and your consol blow up that means content was faulty and I could not, so I ask the support guy and he didnt know either, so anyone know what it means?

Last edited:
Top Bottom