About The New Game +

+
Can someone please explain what it is exactly? I want to check it out.
Will it delete my old process if i do start New Game +?
Can I return to my old process If i do start? or it overwrites it?

New Game+ will start creating separate saves just like your current game has been doing. Autosaves and quicksaves will eventually be overwritten but manuals won't unless you choose to save over an old save.
You can also import a Witcher 2 save, or simulate one, just like you could when starting your first game.

You'll start the game from the beginning, but with the Geralt you have in the save you start NG+ from. You'll keep all the items you currently have except quest items, crafting recipes (you'll find new versions with higher level requirements), books, trophies, and gwent cards.

The world (enemies, quests, equipment level requirements) will be levelled according to your Geralt's level; if you start NG+ at level 50 the first ghouls will be level 51 or so. That's the main difficulty in NG+: everything deals a lot of damage compared to starting at level 1. But Geralt also starts off stronger and with whatever skills you picked for him in your first game.

I think that covers the basics. There's a lot of info available around the web, too.

Do you loose anything currently equipped/ carried like swords, armor, crafting and alchemy materials or does it all have to be in the chest to transfer over when starting New Game+? Do you keep all your coin or does that get reset as well?

Off the top of my head:
Does transfer
Character exp and level
Gold
Mutagens
Alchemy supplies, creations (bombs, potions, decorations, etc), formulae
All equipment and weapons
Ability points
All the new advanced mutagens from B&W
Items such as painting, items for Roach, except for monster trophies
Crafting supplies, food
All DLC items that aren't quest items (you don't keep any of the special trophies from B&W ).
Note: you need to remove anything you want to keep from your vineyard before starting your NG+. Anything you leave in there won't transfer over

Doesn't transfer
Quest related items
Weapon and equipment diagrams
Gwent cards
Discovered locations and sign post locations on the map
Books & letters

While swords and armor get carried over, they will quickly become obsolete. A normal plain sword in NG+ will be stronger than your previous grandmaster witcher swords once you get past White Orchard. Still they're good for selling and useful up to a point. Best part about NG+ is having all your skill points, gold and alchemy creations from the start. All equipment and items should be stored into your Stash before starting NG+.

Do we know if any of the story is refined or changed (besides the tutorials)? Some of it seems a little different here and there or maybe it's just me.

Do we know if any of the story is refined or changed (besides the tutorials)? Some of it seems a little different here and there or maybe it's just me.

No, the story is the same. But different choices can have an impact.

Off the top of my head:
Does transfer
Character exp and level
Gold
Mutagens
Alchemy supplies, creations (bombs, potions, decorations, etc), formulae
All equipment and weapons
Ability points
All the new advanced mutagens from B&W
Items such as painting, items for Roach, except for monster trophies
Crafting supplies, food
All DLC items that aren't quest items (you don't keep any of the special trophies from B&W ).
Note: you need to remove anything you want to keep from your vineyard before starting your NG+. Anything you leave in there won't transfer over

Doesn't transfer
Quest related items
Weapon and equipment diagrams
Gwent cards
Discovered locations and sign post locations on the map
Books & letters

While swords and armor get carried over, they will quickly become obsolete. A normal plain sword in NG+ will be stronger than your previous grandmaster witcher swords once you get past White Orchard. Still they're good for selling and useful up to a point. Best part about NG+ is having all your skill points, gold and alchemy creations from the start. All equipment and items should be stored into your Stash before starting NG+.

So, I’m not missing something then, and CD Projekt Red really did me that dirty? That I have to go back from having the grandmaster equipment bonuses and not have them again until Toussaint? Cause that’s honestly terrible NGL. It really feels like they should’ve added upgrades for your existing grandmaster armor rather than having you create all new armor because the way it is now, Toussaint is really the only location you can get bonuses from your Witcher armor. Was really excited to play a new game with that bonus the whole time, now that I’ve gotten used to it. Mega disappointing.

Your grandmaster gear will give you whatever bonuses they are supposed to give. However you will obtain gear that will surpass the gear that you carried over when you started NG+, since with the exception of Aerondight, your gear doesn't scale up with you.

Lowkey kinda disappointing that it caps you at one NG+ and at level 100. I was hoping I could just keep starting a NG+ and getting stronger and stronger. Guess I’ll die lol.

Hi, I just beat this game on Xbox One X, it was a blast!

I wanted to prepare some sort of Master Save for NG+ using my endgame DM Geralt. How should I go about it? My idea was to give myself the possibility of using every GM set (even if they become obsolete) as well as other sets to fool around in.

What I already have:

- Level 53 character with most Ability Points possible
- All alchemy formulas (except Blue Dye)
- All purchaseable Roach gear
- All GM sets, most DLC sets, Aerondight with 3 rune slots, Geralt of Rivia knight gear
- Most endgame swords
- Level 3 Runewright to enchant gear before creating the save

What I don't have access to in my latest save (by virtue of story choices):

- Caparison of Lament
- Hen Gaidth armor set
- Hen Gaidth Steel Sword (didn't grab the Magic Key)

The Caparison of Lament does not appeal to me. So the only thing missing is the Hen Gaidth armor. I have an earlier save, so I can get at least the sword if needed, but if you want the full armor set as well as the sword you must give up not only the extra Ability Point you get in the other path but also the stronger Relic version of the Toussaint armor, Vitis sword and better Gesheft.

Is it worth getting the Hen Gaidth armor and the sword? My plan is to play primarily with the witcher sets, so I don't even see much use in Aerondight despite its power. I'm also considering not using old gear, since it gets outleveled anyway.

I really wish Gwent cards stayed, especially bc getting the all cards achievement is so incredibly difficult.

I really wish Gwent cards stayed, especially bc getting the all cards achievement is so incredibly difficult.

I know there's plenty of guides out there but it's not that difficult as long as you remember to play every merchant the first time you meet them and which quests are missable. You always buy cards at Inns so be sure to check every single one.

Winning the matches is a different thing altogether. High Stakes is the biggest showstopper, but you can save before facing Sasha, and the Scoia'tael deck that comes after is nowhere nearly as difficult, especially if you're Nilfgaard.

Once you get Ciri and Yennefer it makes a HUGE difference in your W/L ratio. Ciri is a staple card, and Yennefer is mandatory for all decks except Nilfgaard, since it has Menno (which is Yennefer but better) and three regular healers.

IMO the biggest problem with Gwent cars not transferring is that you only have a few opportunities to play Gwent with a fully built Skellige deck. You can get the base deck from Monnier and build it as you go, but if you want to experience it fully, you can only do so at the tournament, or against BB.

Or save High Stakes for very last, though Skellige with a bad hand will really struggle against Sasha's Nilfgaard either way.

Top Bottom