About the recent "Melee" hand to hand/unarmed combat in NCW E01

+
Is "boxing" really the only Martial Art style for unarmed combat?? Or CDPR might also give us other type of MA styles. I totally get that most players probably would go in weapon-based combat instead but I personally would love:
+ another 1 or 2 combos MA styles or
+ maybe it could be multiple heavy attacks choices or
+ multiple finishers choices to implement via character stats.

The devs said they wanna improve more on melee combat, or maybe that's just in animations & optimization parts??

@1.12 mark
PS I re watched and there`s a lot of kicking in the fight .

Thanks, I really hope we got full kick combos MA styles like Muay Thai Taekwondo & also grappling combos MA styles like Jujitsu & Wrestling.
Also, it seems you will get bigger damage & crits on successful head blows, so maybe it have organ based damage system?

Madae

Forum veteran
It's possible that what was shown isn't everything that's available. Since it's level based, you might unlock new styles at higher stats, and since, arguably, people typically don't go in for melee in games with guns, most of the reviewers probably didn't build into strength based characters that much. That's just a guess, though.

It's possible that what was shown isn't everything that's available. Since it's level based, you might unlock new styles at higher stats, and since, arguably, people typically don't go in for melee in games with guns, most of the reviewers probably didn't build into strength based characters that much. That's just a guess, though.
Yeah, It's very much understandable if the unarmed combat system isn't as expansive as weapons based combat system (ranged & even melee weapons). The big reason as to why I am interested is the amount of those possibilities around it & I wanna make a non lethal playthrough with Nomad V as much as possible even with a boss fights. Mirror's Edge 2 maybe have that with its skill tree but it's not as extensive as I wanted, especially when we have cyberwares/cyber-arms in this game.
Post automatically merged:

It's quite fun watching the Katana gameplay. I know you'd like it.
I have seen it, it looks good. Kinda like Shadow Warrior games now that I think about it. Although I don't know if sword/melee weapon swings also camera based.

Last edited:
@1.12 mark
PS I re watched and there`s a lot of kicking in the fight .
I only saw 2 really normal straight forward ordinary kicks in that whole fight. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

It's quite fun watching the Katana gameplay. I know you'd like it.
in my honest opinion the katana gameplay appeared very "paper/plastic"
I hope it looks better and feels really good eventually, maybe it was just low level V playing katana with no sword skill and no bullet blocking upgrades and you upgrade later. It just doesn't look good right now.

I really want to play with the katana a lot.

@fridgeband Go to see you back (y)i didn`t say they were great kicks :ROFLMAO: only there were kicks.
I'm happy to see everyone again. I guess I was gone for a while because I just didn't have anything to say. Things definitely slowed down for a long time, didn't hear much new about cyberpunk, then it picked up again and I had some thoughts in my mind I couldn't just ignore, had to talk about it. I will probably continue to randomly disappear and reappear, and then disappear a lot when the game comes out Lol, but I'm sure I will probably come back with tons of commentary and maybe even feedback and stuff eventually. The regulars here are just special. We're like a big cyberpunk family. *hugs everyone*
and then kakitsa-tsu-ma-ru (forgive me for struggling to spell) gets mad at me Lol. It's a pleasure to hang out with you all.

Top Bottom