About the Requirement to Play Seasonal Mode

+
Hi CDPR:

TLDR: Make the seasonal rewards achievable independent of the game mode.

Now the full story:

I want to unlock the full dragon border and for that I HAVE to play seasonal mode, there is no way around it. I don't enjoy playing point slam decks.
I also suffer from uncontrollable rage attacks since I can remember. There is a build up phase before it happens and in the past 15 years I have worked hard on myself to recognise the signs building up to it and to change my behaviour in time to avoid the outburst.
Sadly if I am really concentrated on something I am still to absorbed to notice the signs and thus I just had the worst outbreak in the last 10 years while playing gwent. I screamed, I cursed, I hit the wall jumping around the room, nearly breaking my mouse and keyboard. And after that I just sat there and cried for about 10 minutes, because this feels so bad and all the years of work have just been for nothing (at least that's the first impression).

I don't mind playing gimmicky modes for fun and I think a lot of people are enjoying themselves - but IMO this should always be optional.
If you want to force people to try the new mode, a quest like "play 5 games of seasonal mode" would be more then sufficient - but we have to play it again and again and again. The quest I'm stuck at atm requires me to win 40 rounds. 40! That's around 30 matches if I have a 50% win ratio. 30 matches full of boredom, pressure, frustration, rage and anxiety.

That is unacceptable and needs to be addressed! Playing video games is one of my favourites off-time activities and gwent is one of the games I spend the most time (and money) on. And after thinking about it for some time now, I don't want to be forced to stop doing either - that's why I felt the need to express myself here.

Best regards, Shagric

*edit: just did a rough calcutation: you would need to play the seasonal mode for 8-9h (5-6min for 90 matches each) to get both border and portrait.

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I want to unlock the full dragon border and for that I HAVE to play seasonal mode, there is no way around it.

Technically, you could also buy the seasonal border when it becomes available later. Regardless, a lot of the quests do not require seasonal mode to be completed and you do have a whole month to complete all the quests.

PS. Also updated the topic of the thread (as requested).

thanks for the update!

It is true that I have a whole month, but something I hate doing now, wont change in a couple of days - so thats not really an argument. As far as I am aware, the seasons are a theme for different monthly flavours, like arena or the seasonal mode and thus the rewards should not be locked behind a single mode, imo. while I really hate the current seasonal mode due to time pressure and long animations resulting in broken gameplay and frustrating "mistakes", I had fun in other seasons.
the problem is not that there are other quests that can be achieved in any game mode, or that there are quests at all. the problem is that it forces the player into one mode for way to long.

If you want to unlock both border and portait, you have to play around 90!! matches (with 50% win ratio) in seasonal mode. thats just absolutly insane and ridiculous.
remember that this should be a reward for playing the game, not a punishment!

I like the option to be able to buy it if i missed the season, but i should not be forced to buy it because i cant stand the seasonal mode while playing for the whole season..

My strong reaction this time just made it clear for me that there needs to be some adjustment.

*edit: if every match takes around 5-6 min (45 sec mulligan and 32x8sec per card) , then i need to play 8-9h of something I dont enjoy (or in my case, that I hate and that make me feel absolutly misarable).

@ipsyy: I think there is a difference between a reward for participating in a competive ladder and a reward for playing the game (or fun mode). the first is a prestige object, while the second should be a FUN REWARD to thank the player for playing the game.
as an example: i have no regret that i wont be able to get the "golden dragon" title, even though i would realy like to have it. its not meant for me as a casual player. but the boarder clearly is. and thats the problem.

Last edited:
Have you tried this seasonal mode? The games fly by. Hence the requirement to play so many.

This is great because not only do you farm up experience faster but you finish the requirements super fast.

You don't need to play point slam decks if you don't like them. You have enough time to play 3-4 cards and your leader if you think ahead and act accordingly.
For example. I play tutor card then select the card I want. Then play it, then activate an order. Replay the card and leader. It's possible for sure.

You hate this season, I hated the last one but I like this one as it is. Well ... besides the too long animations, but for me it is a challenge to handle this. One likes this one the other. Simply skip the one you don't like.

@KoncertMajstor: i did not play pointslam, because i dont enjoy it and ended up loosing every 4th game due to time running out while playing a combo - great stuff. I calculated the time it takes to unlock the quests above and its way to long (you can reduce the time by unlocking both trees at the same time IF you have the RP for it.

@Alrun24: that is besides the point i am tring to make; as i said i dont mind fun modes existing at all - the opposite is the case! but i cant skip this one if i want the border, can i? dont lock rewards for playing behind a special mode is all i am asking.

I also get rage attacks playing this game, maybe not as severe as yourself but, I’ve broken controllers and punched things.
Yeah this seasonal sucks you have to play so many games but just remember they don’t count towards ranking so try not to let losing bother you as much.
Personally I’m doing around 5 seasonal matches each day when I get bored of losing on ranked.

I also get rage attacks playing this game, maybe not as severe as yourself but, I’ve broken controllers and punched things.
Yeah this seasonal sucks you have to play so many games but just remember they don’t count towards ranking so try not to let losing bother you as much.
Personally I’m doing around 5 seasonal matches each day when I get bored of losing on ranked.

thanks for your concern. I opened this post to discuss the topic of being forced into a specific game mode to earn my rewards that are tailored to be a reward/progression for playing the game (at least that is how I understand the seasonal reward tree).
I dont mind loosing and i dont mind the seasonal challanges, instead i like that there is the option. what i am furious about is, that i am forced to play them over such a long time, even if i dont enjoy them. This seasonal is a gimmick, so i can see how people enjoy it. just dont force me to play it aswell, if i want to get the rewards that i earned by playing the game and gathering RP.

the rageing part is just the background why i made this thread, because it made me question why i play gwent in the first place. I am well aware that this is just a time-gated event - but WHY do i have to play it to get my well earned rewards? it makes me physically sick and even if that is not the case, i would argue that there is NO REASON for such a restriction.

Top Bottom