Absolute Craziness (I'm blown away!)

+
(Note: I don't play the english version of Gwent, so please excuse wrong terminology or weak explanations)

I just had a season match. It started cautious. At one point, in the lead with 18 or so points I passed.

That was the starting signal for something amazing! He/she didn't pass, but he/she also didn't stop. Card after card went to the battlefield and it started to get interesting, when his heal charge tower got to crazy values. At the end of that round, the strength of that tower and the charges were at numbers I didn't think was possible. But it didn't end there. The last card gave that tower the "tower icon" (resilient?), but it didn't revert to its initial state, kept both, boosted power and charges.

I already had lost the game at that point. But the numbers were so high that I simply was curious, how much higher it could go. So I played a junk card, then watched the other side gain power, point after point during the allowed timespan. Then that procedure repeated. Unfortunately, at the time of the screenshot, Gwent crashed on his/her side and the victory was rewarded to me. It was mindblowing to watch this! Awesome move!
omg.jpg

Mod edit: removed the player's name, because of privacy. tulamide edit: @mod just did a third of the job. i removed the other two mentionings of the name!

Last edited:
HOWSHITISGWENT.jpg

Has anyone had to experience/suffer something like this? What precisely are you supposed to do about this kind of utter nonsense? I hit the tower with Red Haze - predictably, my Bekkers Mirror was still in my deck (of course), but even with those two cards and even scorch and CC, I'd be 72 points behind.

How is this even a thing?

View attachment 10998817
Has anyone had to experience/suffer something like this? What precisely are you supposed to do about this kind of utter nonsense? I hit the tower with Red Haze - predictably, my Bekkers Mirror was still in my deck (of course), but even with those two cards and even scorch and CC, I'd be 72 points behind.

How is this even a thing?

It's a "Swim-thing" :)

The whole deck is built aruond this combo, so you will get this cards most of the time. The deck name is "You pass, you lose"

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've seen and heard so much about this but i still havent had the "pleasure" to face it, nor to actually go and look it up on streamers videos...

But an Yrden seems to be the best counter, no need to worry aligning the units or dealing with them individually.

That was me :D

There aren't many people that haven't seen this deck by now.

Next time, just don't pass round 2 and you win!

rrc

Forum veteran
As a rule of thumb, never pass R2 when facing Henslet. Play a couple of cards and they would resign. I have encountered it twice, but both the times I played R2 and the opponent said "So you have been practicing?" and resigned. GG.

That was me :D

There aren't many people that haven't seen this deck by now.

Next time, just don't pass round 2 and you win!

It sure was. I just don't do Youtube for Gwent, apart from Great Dandelion, hence I was completely oblivious. Knew something ridiculous was coming so stayed to see what it would be.

I mean, it's broken, though, right? For those playing it, too. It's a one card break (Yrden) or a simple "play R2" situation.

Oh, it's a terrible deck!

It's fun when you pull it off, but that really isn't very often. Especially now people can see it coming.

That's was my second attempt to 'get off' with that deck. Once I'd managed it, I switched to a proper deck!

I've never been countered by Yrden though. Mainly because absolutely nobody plays it!

You should do. It's a terrible card!

Even more so since big monsters stopped running ghouls.

You'd be better off running spores for 7 less provisions!

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I saw it being played.

You should do. It's a terrible card!

Even more so since big monsters stopped running ghouls.

You'd be better off running spores for 7 less provisions!

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I saw it being played.

Dude, you only face it when you have a deck that suffers from it and the algorithm pulls you in. If you're deliberately running decks that don't rely on a lot of boosts, you'll just never face it.

Try playing with a super boost deck and I guarantee within, say, five matches you'll face Yrden.

Top Bottom