absolutely ridiculous

+
absolutely ridiculous

At no point after 8 games have I ever even felt like I had any chance of winning a match. The AI drops 50 force of dwarves on the table that all last through each round. Players are able to sit there with practically nothing and then jump with a difference of over 50. This is the most unfair game I have ever seen. How the hell do people even play this?

Scorch/Igni/Borkh/Schirru, Dimeritium Bomb/Dimeritium Shackles, Biting Frost. Or any weaker damaging cards early in the round, before dwarves get buffed.

570y3n;n7368840 said:
At no point after 8 games have I ever even felt like I had any chance of winning a match. The AI drops 50 force of dwarves on the table that all last through each round. Players are able to sit there with practically nothing and then jump with a difference of over 50. This is the most unfair game I have ever seen. How the hell do people even play this?

You let the opponent to buff dwarfs to the sky and at the end you use weather on them. It makes your opponent cry ;)

570y3n;n7368840 said:

It's known to be a steep curve for people just getting into the beta. You will improve at it if you keep practicing just like anything else. If it is still too frustrating, try the game again when it goes into open beta or launches. This way you have a chance to learn with other new players also using the base decks. The problem now is that people who have been playing have more developed decks and most importantly more experience so it is tough to win at first. Good luck!

Yeah, that's true and I really recommend Gwent team to change something here. There is a big chance that new players will stay only for little time in the game. And the best players will remain under each other and will get bored, since more and more routine will arise with their optimized decks.

It is also not very wise from Gwent team to "destroy" people mentally by reducing their scores in the best of list, especially those which lose most of the time. They will also quit the game quite soon.

So please think over your strategy, Gwent team, from the perspective of the new and weaker players which should be your favourites to keep the game alive for a larger group of people.

Last edited:
There's a strategy for everything, remember that. The deck you build should be such that you have a chance of winning every match.

That's not the case, there is a winner and a looser in each game. At least as long as it does not end even.

The question is how to keep the losers alive mentally. I'm quite sure they do a lot of analysis and know exactly how many people play as often, win as often or reduce their activities. I guess, at this stage, Gwent team has no strategy for weaker and new players to keep them in the game, as posted above.

ResWaelchli;n7371880 said:
That's not the case, there is a winner and a looser in each game. At least as long as it does not end even.

The question is how to keep the losers alive mentally. I'm quite sure they do a lot of analysis and know exactly how many people play as often, win as often or reduce their activities. I guess, at this stage, Gwent team has no strategy for weaker and new players to keep them in the game, as posted above.

Gonna have to disagree with you here. @twinkiegorilla is correct, every deck you build should have the potential to win you every match. unless you lack the cards for it, or just need to understand all the card interactions to understand how to make and play your deck.
but with proper matchmaking, so you have a 'fair deck' match-up and you will always have the potential to win. lack of cards should not be the issue.

​​​​​
ResWaelchli;n7371810 said:
It is also not very wise from Gwent team to "destroy" people mentally by reducing their scores in the best of list, especially those which lose most of the time.

You would prefer to not have any strength removing effects at all? simply because new players who don't know the full ins and outs of the game, may feel mentally 'destroyed' because they will see their points taken away from them?

can you please explain yourself here? removal tactics will always be a part of gwent, there are far far to many cards that would need to be changed otherwise.

i can understand that if somebody interrupts your combo, that would have got you a ton of points and it would have given you a great chance of winning the game.
yeah that kinda stinks. but its part of the game. and its up to YOU to play around that.

even the most OP decks CAN be beaten, you just need to know their weaknesses.

ResWaelchli;n7371810 said:
Yeah, that's true and I really recommend Gwent team to change something here. There is a big chance that new players will stay only for little time in the game. And the best players will remain under each other and will get bored, since more and more routine will arise with their optimized decks.

CDPR have already stated that there will be 20 new cards at the start of every competitive season, so there will not be any shortage of new and interesting decks.

there will a steep learning curve for new players though. HOWEVER already there is a good tutorial system for completely new players., that does a fairly good job at explaining the fundamentals of the game.
and i can only assume it will get better.

also you have to remember there will be a full single player campaign for those who need practice.

​​​​
570y3n;n7368840 said:

That is what makes a dwarf deck a dwarf deck. that is their strategy. the ability to keep powerful buffed units from round to round.
but that is really it, they have no medics, and very little in the way of removal.

and it CAN be countered. frost is one of the biggest killers of dwarf decks.

If you want to make a beginners deck that will give you a few games under your belt, go for a weather deck. its simple, relatively cheap and easy to understand.

ResWaelchli;n7371880 said:
That's not the case, there is a winner and a looser in each game.

That's not what I said. I said your deck should be built as such that it gives you a CHANCE to win every match. You should never ever go into a match thinking "Well if I get lucky I might win!"

Top Bottom