Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
I am not getting quickhacks from access points. I think I was early on but no longer am. I have Datamine Virtuoso level 2. I found a place that had 4 Access Points really close to each other. Saved, did them and reloaded 10 times and not one. My friend did the same (Datamine Virtuoso 1) and got many of them. I tried resetting my perks and did it again with no Datamine Virtuoso and with 1 point in it. No quickhacks.

I have the same issue. Not sure where you are in the game, but I have a strong suspicion that getting the ping from Nix has a ! next to it and perhaps that messed up the game somehow.

The data mine hacks give you quick hack components so you can craft them, it doesn't give you quick hacks to install

The data mine hacks give you quick hack components so you can craft them, it doesn't give you quick hacks to install
Untrue. Access terminals has it written you can get quickhacks and the perk also reinforces this. Otherwise Datamine Virtuoso would be a completely wasted talent.

Attachments

• 20201223173246_1.jpg
    20201223173246_1.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 1,858
  • 20201223173450_1.jpg
    20201223173450_1.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 1,359
I have the same issue. Not sure where you are in the game, but I have a strong suspicion that getting the ping from Nix has a ! next to it and perhaps that messed up the game somehow.
I had not talked to Nix yet. Totally missed him early on apparently.

After some googling and reddit digging, it seems like ping is bugged. My uncommon ping had a ! at the top right corner when I unequipped it.
Also some additional info:
I attempted to get epic cyberpsychosis, suicide, detonate grenade prior to getting a rare ping from the netrunner near batty's fast travel point. However, I was only able to get epic detonate grenade to drop.

After, I loaded a previous save, deleted all my pings, and bought the rare ping from netrunner. Killed the same voodoo boys that respawn and cyberpsychosis and suicide dropped in only a few runs.

This is the only workaround I've conjured up from my playtime so far. I will test the theory of not getting datamine virtuoso and see if that makes a difference. I have a strong suspicion that 1.05 broke the perk.

While on my second playthrough, I have ran into an issue I didn't have in first playthrough, before 1.05: no matter how well or how many Access Points I hack, even with Datamine Virtuoso, that supposed to double chances of getting Quickhacks - I didn't get a single Quickhack in 30h...

Trying to eliminate possibility of it being a bug with Datamine Virtuoso or with new character or cyberdeck or whatnot - loaded my older save from first playthrough where things worked fine. First sold all the duplicate Quickhacks and wrote down how many and which ones I had, then proceeded to find and hack 50 Access Points (that was quite an ordeal...) ranging from no requirements to 9 Intelligence requirement.
In my first playthrough before the 1.05 patch, hacking 0-9 Intelligence Access Points was enough to get Epic Quickhacks no problem and even a Legendary ones(I've got at least one Legendary Quickhack this way)! in fact (while I don't know exact numbers) the chance of getting Quickhacks in general was decent enough to get some money from selling duplicates. So, of the 50 Access Points hacked:
  • 18 times got all 3 Datamines;
  • 30 times got 2 Datamines;
  • 2 times got only 1 Datamine, because I'm bad at it, I guess...
Now, according to description - All Datamines, be it V1, V2 or V3 can yield a Quickhack. So effectively during my testing I had 116 rolls at getting a Quickhack and I've got ZERO new or duplicate Quickhacks.
Combining it with actually high intelligence, sort of "netrunner" build in second playthrough that got no Quickhacks from Access Points in 30h of gameplay (Which ls likely another 300 rolls for a Quickhack or so) - chances of getting Quickhacks from Access Points either zero or extremely close to it now.

I hope it was not intentional and will get fixed soon.

Also been bashing my head against this. Didn't count number of attempts but after picking up Datamine Virtuso tried repeatedly to see if quick hacks dropped and got zero.

Also been bashing my head against this. Didn't count number of attempts but after picking up Datamine Virtuso tried repeatedly to see if quick hacks dropped and got zero.
I am a bit of "do all you can", "gather everything" etc in a playthrough kind of player when it comes to RPGs and that's part the reason why I absolutely love Witcher games - for the most part they allow you to do just that.

I am disappointed with Cyberpunk crafting since actually good stuff is locked behind rather substantial investment into Technical Ability.
Now that you can't get the Quickhacks from Access Points and forced into same major investment into Intelligence, further crippling build variety (unless of course you want to ignore whole bunch of gameplay features and mechanics) - only makes things worse. Doubly so because it worked before :(

I've already posted similar thread (see the link below), but this time I've done even more testing.
So on GOG version before the 1.05 patch I was getting the Quickhacks from Access Points just fine. Now I'm getting none.
Prior to the testing just in case tried Verify and Repair. Then again got rid of all the duplicates, wrote down which quick hacks I had and proceeded with the test (well just playing the game, really, while keeping track of how and how many Access Points I hack as well as if I get any Quickhacks just drop in the world). After roughly 12h, 193 Access Points hacked, every single one I hacked - I at least got Datamine v3, of them 92 without Datamine Virtuoso perk:
  • 29 times got all 3 Datamines
  • 60 times got 2 Datamines (V3 and either V2 or V1)
  • 3 times got just Datamine V3.
Then with Datamine Virtuoso:
  • 32 times got all 3 Datamines
  • 65 times got 2 Datamines (V3 and Either V2 or V1)
  • 4 times got just Datamine V3
A total of 424 tries to get a Quickhack - got none.
Tried to re-install the game. After a few hours and another 20 Access Points for another a total 45 Datamines done, with Datamine Virtuoso - still got exactly zero Quickhacks. Combined with prior testing done for the thread " Access Points do not give Quickhacks after 1.05 " - this is beyond ridiculous amount of hacked Access Points that resulted in no Quickhacks gained.

Either somehow just mine game isn't working as intended or Access Points are broken on GOG version or somehow only some copies are affected, because today ran into a video where person was explaining that you can get Quickhacks from hacking Access Points!..

It is bad enough that crafting anything decent locked behind heavy investment into Tech Ability (unlike Witcher games), but with this selective bug where you can't get any high tier Quickhacks unless you make another sizable attribute point dump into Intelligence is just plain wrong.

Fix this please.

Well this is interesting...
I've hacked obscene amount of Access Points ( mentioned here ) to see if they were bugged after 1.05... I did Verify/Repair game files, re-install it, swap cyberdecks, sell duplicate Quickhacks, then sell all below epic, last two dozen - sold all my quickhacks... Nothing helped so far - I am still not getting any quickhacks from the access points with or without Datamine Virtuoso.

I'm having the same issue, which is really frustrating. I invested 12 points into Intelligence to get Datamine Vistuoso but I'm not getting any quickhacks out of access points. To test this I also saved in front of a lvl 10 access point to reload the game and try again a bunch of times. And never got a single quickhack.

I found your previous post first, but as I said there, I'm having the same issue (GOG version, patch 1.06), which is really frustrating. I invested 12 points into Intelligence to get Datamine Vistuoso but I'm not getting any quickhacks out of access points. To test this I also saved in front of a lvl 10 access point to reload the game and try again a bunch of times. And never got a single quickhack. Makes me feel stupid for wasting so much time into all the access points so far in the game.

To be honest I have never gotten a quickhack from any datamine i have done in CP2077 on the GOG version on any patch number, eddies and components yes but no quickhacks that I can recall.

they never have in my experience. at the very least there has never been dialogue to indicate you've received them. i have found the odd quickhack in my inventory, however i've never seen script to indicate i got it from an access point. for a point of reference, i kept my steam offline for about a week in order to NOT dl 1.05 or 1.06 (i only just updated last night). therefore it seems highly unlikely the patch has anything to do w/ what you're experiencing.

Well this is interesting...
I've hacked obscene amount of Access Points ( mentioned here ) to see if they were bugged after 1.05... I did Verify/Repair game files, re-install it, swap cyberdecks, sell duplicate Quickhacks, then sell all below epic, last two dozen - sold all my quickhacks... Nothing helped so far - I am still not getting any quickhacks from the access points with or without Datamine Virtuoso.
It's really a shame that we can't get legendary quickhacks without crafting them atm. My boyfriend has all the legendary quickhacks without specing into datamine viruoso. The difference was he had a blue ping prior do doing the nix quest and therefore the bugged one never made it to his active cyberdeck. This was on the 1.04 patch.

Your linked post is pretty much what I've experienced too. I saved in front of the access point, hacked all 3, and checked to see if I had any new quickhacks. I reloaded the save and repeated the process 30 times-- didn't get a single quickhack. Now, I've gotten mostly everything I wanted in the game with the exception of these legendary quickhacks, so I left the gig near arasaka tower tp point unfinished because it has five or so 10 INT access points for whenever they decide to fix this. As long as you don't finish the gigs with high INT access points, you won't be locked out of the building and can still go back to do them.

This was pretty much my compromise.

Just want to add to this.

You actually are getting the hacks. You can test this by going to the sell screen in the automated selling spots. However, they do not show up in your inventory to equip. I have tried to sell the duplicates that I have gotten from breaching and then buying them back to see if they show up but they do not.

Same, I thought it was because I didn't have Virtuoso so I leveled it twice and still nothing, what a waste of points.
I assume any recovered quickhacks are supposed to be listed under Legendary quickhack components recovered.

Edit, I'm still on 1.0.4 because things are running fine.
Second edit: you don't see duplicated quickhacks in the cyberware menu, but you do see them when selling, maybe we're getting them but not seeing them, because I always seem to have lots when I do remember to sell them, though i don't really keep track of ones I've picked up from enemies.

1609129934441.png

they never have in my experience. at the very least there has never been dialogue to indicate you've received them. i have found the odd quickhack in my inventory, however i've never seen script to indicate i got it from an access point. for a point of reference, i kept my steam offline for about a week in order to NOT dl 1.05 or 1.06 (i only just updated last night). therefore it seems highly unlikely the patch has anything to do w/ what you're experiencing.
just because you do not receive a prompt, does not mean you are not getting quickhacks. check your cyberdeck at a drop point to see if you have duplicates or quickhacks of a lower quality. your active cyberdeck only shows 1 copy of the highest rarity.

previous patch or not, people in the comments section of this video have been reporting the same issue. many seem suspect the ping with the ! you get from nix as the potential problem.
Post automatically merged:

I am a bit of "do all you can", "gather everything" etc in a playthrough kind of player when it comes to RPGs and that's part the reason why I absolutely love Witcher games - for the most part they allow you to do just that.

I am disappointed with Cyberpunk crafting since actually good stuff is locked behind rather substantial investment into Technical Ability.
Now that you can't get the Quickhacks from Access Points and forced into same major investment into Intelligence, further crippling build variety (unless of course you want to ignore whole bunch of gameplay features and mechanics) - only makes things worse. Doubly so because it worked before :(
To me technical is a great spec because it increases your armor while buffing your crafted armor and weapons with the proper perk investment. Unless you are set on a netrunner build, I've gotten a lot of value from tech than int because you can craft way more things for money and generate your own resources. 20 INT just to craft 1 copy of a legendary quickhack and tabula when you're done to respec is a gross overinvestment for my playstyle.

I would hold off on some of the moderate rating gigs until they fix the bug to get the remaining legendary quickhacks from 8-10 INT terminals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom