Access to BETA (Who and why)

+
Access to BETA (Who and why)

One more week :)

Let's talk about access to BETA. It has been said that not all of us will get chance to get access to close BETA now in October.
But to be honest, for me is clear that all active people from forums (english, polish, russian and others you have) should get guarantee access.

Why?

Two reasons:

* You will avoid a lot of cries, complains etc. from people who are hare almost every day on forum.

* Most important point. Because active people on all of these forums will give you feedback, will talk with you about game. And this is way BETA have place. To hear from people.

Last edited:

mjul

Forum veteran

Let's talk about access to BETA. It has been said that not all of us will get chance to get access to close BETA now in October.
But to be honest, for me is clear that all active people from forums (english, polish, russian and others you have) should get guarantee access.

Why?

Two reasons:

* You will avoid a lot of cries, complains etc. from people who are hare almost every day on forum.

* Most important point. Because active people on all of these forums will give you feedback, will talk with you about game. And this is way BETA have place. To hear from people.

Well, it's supposed to be random, right?
Maybe they'll give out some invites, but I think that it'll be only to the biggest streamers and youtubers.

Why?

Two reasons:

It would be problematic for a lot of reasons. the best way its to either randomly draw people from all invitees or give access to people who register in chronological order. Most people here registered as soon as they find out about it i think

It would be problematic for a lot of reasons. the best way its to either randomly draw people from all invitees or give access to people who register in chronological order. Most people here registered as soon as they find out about it i think

Because I think there is no hope for special invitation even with nice forum activity, I only hope to the chronological order in sending invites :)

Yes, but they don't have to tell us (CD RED). Just do it :)
You releasing BETA and you want feedback from people. People that not registered on the forums will not give you any feedback....they just play game.
That is way forum members should go first and however places left give it to the rest.

I don't agree with this personally. What constitutes being active? 1 post a day? 100 lifetime posts? It would be completely arbitrary.

What about all the lurkers (like me) who are still just as hyped for the game to come out, but watching the discussion from the sidelines.

I don't agree with this personally. What constitutes being active? 1 post a day? 100 lifetime posts? It would be completely arbitrary.

What about all the lurkers (like me) who are still just as hyped for the game to come out, but watching the discussion from the sidelines.

You're right, it would be a problem for people registred to the forum but not actve in discussions.

Though, it's true that if the purpose of the beta is feedback, than you cannot have better testers than active users on the forum.

You're right, it would be a problem for people registred to the forum but not actve in discussions.

Though, it's true that if the purpose of the beta is feedback, than you cannot have better testers than active users on the forum.

I'm sure a lot have people have signed up for the Closed beta, but aren't following Gwent as closely as we are. When they get the invite and CB opens, I'm sure we will see a flood of people to the forums with feedback.

Yes, but they don't have to tell us (CD RED). Just do it :)
You releasing BETA and you want feedback from people. People that not registered on the forums will not give you any feedback....they just play game.
That is way forum members should go first and however places left give it to the rest.

You can give feedback in more ways than one. Plus one would argue that casual fan feedback is just as important

peple who get acces to beta should give only cunstructive and helpful criticism, to help the red devs to make another great game
just my humble opinion

I guess we get to the point everybody hopes to get in. I wonder how they will decide. Will it be by dates, the first chosen being the ones who applied long ago? Will it be by chance, a pure RNG algorithm? Will it be by names in alphabetic order? We have no idea. So let's hope for the best and we are not so many so we can all get in at the same time :)

I hope that CDPR also considers giving a guaranteed invites to people who were actively making decks and guides to them on gwentdb.com. Especially those people whose decks are built in an intelligent manner with no more than 25 cards, good card synergy, and a solid explanation of combos and tactics.

And don't forget those who've quit their pesky jobs and are ready to play hours per day. I've told my boss as Gwent beta starts on the 25th he can go screw himself.

I'm self employed so my boss totally understands and fully supports my decision 100%.

Maybe someone will start the thread... What if you DON'T get into the beta.

All of my 370+ posts are in Gwent forums although I signed up back when W3 was still new ,, hope I get in along with everyone here ,on discord and reddit

I like this comment, Need players, to expose and abuse and test/play as much as possible to give useful and constructive criticism to help the dev's release the best possible Gwent, i have faith in the community to do this.

In my opinion CDPR shouldn't use any particular logic in terms of sending beta keys, but rather go full random. I presume that this way the devs will get as many players of different backgrounds as possible - let's face it, this forum, gwentdb and similar sites consist mostly of players who are either diehard card games enthusiasts spendind several hours a week (day?) adjusting their deck or Witcher fans who will play and love everything that includes Geralt. Good to know their opinion, but not to limit to it. By choosing people randomly, there will probably plenty of players knowledgeable about card games or Witcher, but also many many players who just saw the advertisement and thought "cool game, I sign up!". Experienced players, newbies, deckmakers, total noobs - I think the aim of the game should be to be enjoyable for all of these and the best way to check it is to invite them.
Besides, you can't discuss with randomness - you didn't get in, you had bad luck. It's easier to accept than "I didn't get the key because I signed 0,5446 second too late" or "I should have written 200 more posts!".
The only exception from that rule will probably be the streamers and such - they will get their minions to play the game when it's finally released and create more hype for it so their role is somehow different than ours, normal players.
Anyway, no matter what CDPR will do, I can already imagine several rant topics "OMG WHER IZ ME BETA" on 25th October here, on reddit, twitter and other popular sites.

Last edited:
I think it will be a randow. A bit later inactive people will be changed to other freshers.
Or u have any clear factors why this account should get an access and that one - no?

Its confirmed that it gonna be completly random, which in my opinion isnt fair tbh. Some of us did alot of work promoting the game long before even KTS 1 and 2 started, alot of us reported tons of bugs/glitches before CBT (both on a forum or by sending emails to CDP), so if we did that long before CBT than its sure that we gonna do it even more after CBT since we will have alot more oportunities for advertising the game (by Livestreams, YouTube, Social Media) and alot more time to find out all the bugs/glitches and unbalanced things in game.

Top Bottom