Access to BETA (Who and why)

+
In my opinion, it's gonna be "completely random", meaning that the most of the people who get keys are gonna be random, but the ones who signed up first will get access thanks to some "magic fairy" :) . CDPR doesn't want to make people angry on this forum, that's absolutely certain, but they also can't state that "Hey, we are gonna give out keys to our forum members who signed up first", because that would make a lot more people angry (the majority of the people signed up later).

So I think that whatever the statement, we (early signers, and active members) will get our keys!!

Gwent is love, Gwent is life!

This is an interesting thread. I HOPE that I get in and that most if not all of you who are so passionate get in as well. They really are in a "no win" situation. Those who don't get in are going to be upset, but they can't let EVERYONE in. Those of us who don't get in will have to be patient and support those who do.
I signed up very early, and I stream a good bit of content and make decks on Gwentdb..but I understand that doesn't mean I am a lock to get in. I would be very disappointed, but I understand that they are doing the best they can.
I will say this though..if I had a vote, the member I would say should have a key 100% is Mythic_Pilot!! He supports all the creators, and he is as or more passionate that anyone I have ever seen. I don't have any say or stroke, but he deserves a reward and a shout out!

I don't think any ways of doing this can be 100% fair. People will complain no matter what happens, but CDPR are good to adapt just like they did when they saw people were not respecting the NDA for KTS.

I don't think there should be any privileges, at least not much and/or not for now. It's true that 100% random means a lot of people will play and never give any feedback, will just not play or not really understand the game (a lot of people follow the gwent page and seem to have no clue what the game is). BTons of potential good testers are ready to jump into action and it would not be fair to them if it wasn't random. It's not because some people are already on the forums that 100000 others won't join if they get a code. It's like Blizzard that gives beta codes to streamers beforer players and some streamers really do not deserve codes more than other people. It's supposed to build up hype, but IMO it builds up frustration. I really don't want to know that Gwent is live but only a small portion of people are playing and by "pure coincidence" it's only known people.

It's true that I posted some feedback for KTS and even got a red reply, but other than that I keep away from these forums because I can't handle the hype. I don't think I deserve a code more or less than any of you that posts more or less than me. I want to get a code really really bad, but I also want my friends who barely know the game to get in and test it fully, because I know they will.

Please remember than in the end, CDPR will always send more invites until they get the wanted results. So if people are not playing or not giving feedback, they will send more codes and adapt. Maybe after first wave they will notice us on the forums and give us keys, who knows, but when it starts I think they have to be fair with everybody

LOL...Access to BETA you may get on late evening time 25th of October...19.00 UTC time (Middle Europe)

I just took day off from work on that day, thinking..."they can allow you download day before and you can play from the morning next day"

:surprise:

I'm hoping that the fact that I got into the TES Legends closed beta and provided multiple critique ideas and over 100+ ideas in that game will make them think I'm a good candidate, although judging by how I got into the beta for TES Legends (completely random), I'm assuming that this place will have the same sort of setup where it's basically by chance. That said, it would be nice if they would add people that they truly think would be helpful rather than just random people like the Legends team did.

LOL...Access to BETA you may get on late evening time 25th of October...19.00 UTC time (Middle Europe)

I just took day off from work on that day, thinking..."they can allow you download day before and you can play from the morning next day"

:surprise:

Did you really took day off to play BETA...?

Did you really took day off to play BETA...?

I think it's a decent idea, you can play the game all day or cry under your blanket eating ice cream, because 'that horrible CDPR didn't send me an invite!". Either way it's better than going to work.

I hate forum warriors that think they are entitled to alphas/betas. Typically their elitism carries over to testing. Gone are the days though of actual beta "testing" I think. There used to be REAL enforceable NDA's, long potential tester applications, a copy of a drivers licenses being faxed, ect. So I don't know what the real point is any longer - shoot a fish in a huge barrel full and pray like hell they test, report feedback, and are not just looking for an early preview of a game to screw around with?

I hate forum warriors that think they are entitled to alphas/betas. Typically their elitism carries over to testing. Gone are the days though of actual beta "testing" I think. There used to be REAL enforceable NDA's, long potential tester applications, a copy of a drivers licenses being faxed, ect. So I don't know what the real point is any longer - shoot a fish in a huge barrel full and pray like hell they test, report feedback, and are not just looking for an early preview of a game to screw around with?

Don't let it get to you too much mate, I'm sure everything will work out ok :)...

If you get selected then just do the best you can, seems as though you think you're better suited, and don't worry about hating other people and the entitled "warriors"..

Hate leads to the darkside...

hugs and kisses

Don't let it get to you too much mate, I'm sure everything will work out ok :)...

If you get selected then just do the best you can, seems as though you think you're better suited, and don't worry about hating other people and the entitled "warriors"..

Hate leads to the darkside...

hugs and kisses

You literally signed up to say this ,, salutations

One more week :)

I've been waiting for this moment since they announced GWENT. I'm extremely hyped to play this game. Been waiting so many years for a card game like this. In my opinion this just might be the card game of the year. Really hope to be selected for the closed Beta. My favorite deck is Nilfgaard. What's yours?

Hello everyone,

I'm not active here on the foruns but I'm on Gwent Discord everyday. I participate there and watched all the content and discussions happening there.
I hope I get a key.

Thank you very much.

Top Bottom