Accessibility review for Cyberpunk 2077

+
I had 2 previous videos I tried to make but I was so angry about how little accessibility and how unpolished the overall experience was that I deemed them unworthy to keep. This is my third attempt. These are the most immediate issues I saw that pop into my head
1. Controller not rebindable. Why?
2. Minimap not able to be static. Why?
3. Subtitles lack full opacity and some can't be made bigger Why? Is there a way to add an... I don't know, voice log? So if we miss something said by the background, we can go back and read it?
Credit where it's due. The epilepsy hotfix came out quick and it runs amazingly well on my just-over-the-bare-minimum graphics card and standard HDD. But I wish you guys could have released it as early access for 3-6 months instead of saying this is a gold product. It's obvious the cake isn't done in the middle and needs more time to bake.

I am also a legally blind gamer, and was really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Since recording this video, I'm glad there is already an update to address the epilepsy problem.

I am disappointed though that there is a lot of small text though, for the inventory, map, skill trees, and other UI.

Where I have the most trouble though, is navigating the city. Despite being a futuristic setting, and many other open world games supporting in-world navigation guides, Cyberpunk does not.. It's very difficult to see the mini map, and pay attention to both the road and map at the same time. Games like Watch Dogs Legion, Saints Row 3 and 4, and Red Faction Guerilla all have great in-world navigation visuals, like glowy arrows.

Other open world games have also started adding text-to-speech support for menus, the inventory, skill tree screens, etc. The recent Ubisoft games are good examples. I'd love to see Cyberpunk include this feature in a future update.

I'm still really interested in playing the game, but am very disappointed in the current level of accessibility at launch.

Fingers crossed someone in CDPR sees our videos, man. God I wish I could do the professional script-written stuff as well as you do.

And I wish they'd gotten back to some of us who tweeted/emailed them over the years because this could have been avoided and this great game (because despite my complaints, it is a great game) could have been the legendary game they wanted it to be right out of the gate instead of down the line.

Bumping for (hopeful) visibility. Come on, CDPR. At least let us know you've seen our concerns. We know bugs come before features but we disabled people exist.

Bumping for (hopeful) visibility. Come on, CDPR. At least let us know you've seen our concerns. We know bugs come before features but we disabled people exist.
Brother, one thing you can be assured of is that CDPR and everyone on that team is acutely aware of the game's shortcomings (to put it lightly) and the fact that they essentially straight-up lied to us through extremely misleading advertising and false expectations. I have a feeling that employees are forbidden from saying anything about this; I wouldn't be surprised if the work environment has been incredibly toxic and soul-crushing as of late since everyone knew just how far down the drain things were going leading up to release.

What matters isn't whether or not they acknowledge what they've done because in my opinion their word is virtually worthless at this point. What matters is whether or not they take initiative to not only fix the fucking game, but to also add content and expand upon features that were originally promised. Simply fixing all of the bugs won't turn it into a "good game", much less a good open-world RPG. Fixing bugs is only the first part of what needs to happen. There is still a shit ton of work that needs to be done.

I'm not playing for at least the next 6 months to a year, possibly longer. I have made the same decision to hold off playing The Master Chief Collection on PC due to similar launch issues which are still being addressed to this day. It's fucking ridiculous that this is par for the course but here we are. The reason this happens is because your average gamer is essentially content with a heaping pile of shit and will gladly fork over their money for an extremely substandard product. Companies have realized this and thus the game is held to the standard of the majority, not the minority. Like it or not we are the minority. Literally 79% of all 156,428 reviews for this game on Steam are "positive".

You misunderstand. I don't want to hear that some CM saw it and will let them know. I want to hear from one of the UI devs that THEY have heard it and will add it to their list because THEN, it might actually get fixed down the line. I know how dev cycles go. Accessibility options are always last because they're QoL (they're not. They should be handled ASAP so they're integrated fully into the product so there's no fuss or muss but I've only ever convinced a handful of devs of that (to their massive benefit) so there you go.)

I'm fine with ALL of that. Devs gonna dev. I just want to know that Szymon Symanski (the Polish version of John Smith?) the head of UI got the message that this shit needs to change and here's how to change it. At this point, I don't care that they fucked up. Launch is fucked. Fine. Now fix it. If you're too busy to fix it now (they're too busy to fix it now,) drop this thread a quick "don't worry. We watched the vids. We'll add this stuff to the list. It will be gotten to."

And if they have professional pride, they WILL get to it as soon as they can. If they don't... well, what else can we do?

Top Bottom