Account unplayable. CDPR please help!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Account unplayable. CDPR please help!

So before I start, please don't tell me how stupid I am, I already know this :)

I milled all my cards except skellige, because I haven't bought any kegs and didn't have very good cards. I emailed support for an account reset and was told no. Then, I got so annoyed and depressed about it (compounded by some personal issues I've been going through), that I milled every single card remaining, created crach over and over and continously scrapped him so now I have 260 scraps and some meteorite powder which I can't use. Zero cards. ZERO.

Yes, it is my fault. Please don't flame me, I have no one to blame but myself and I am fully aware of this, I was in a bad mood as said above got really frustrated. However it does expose a rather large flaw in the game too, though that is secondary to my issue.

Please, I would like someone from CDPR to comment and do something about it. PLEASE CDPR reset my account to the state it was at open beta start or at least to the state it was before I started milling all the factions except skellige and NR which would have been last week sometime. I do not want to have to start with a new account, seeing as I played all through closed beta and would lose all my benefits from that.

The only person losing out here is me as I spent about 30 hours since open beta grinding and now I have to start back at level 1, rank 5. I pledge to buy kegs in July, but only if my account is reset

I am a loyal customer who has purchased all 3 witcher games and dlcs, the Witcher Adventure board game and am in good standing on GoG.

Thank you in advance. I love Gwent so much and appreciate the hard work that has gone into it. That said, the game is nothing without players and I play A LOT!

Begging you kindly dear sirs,

Sincerely

4RM3D;n8733470 said:
I will forward this to CDPR, but I cannot make any promises.

Much appreciated thankyou! Why would it be an issue to reset an account though do you know? I mean shouldn't it be player choice? I'm not complaining, I got myself in this mess. I am just trying to understand what issue there would be pertaining to a reset

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
That is something I cannot answer. There might be technical reasons or even legal ones.

Dominika.Skubida;n8734260 said:
Hi, please send your request again via Customer Support form and we will help you out: https://www.playgwent.com/en/support/

To answer your second post - having a deck reset on request wouldn't be fair towards other players who just keep playing in order to get the resources to craft other cards, hence we do not do it on a regular basis.

Thankyou Dominika!
I really appreciate you guys helping me out.

I have submitted my request to customer support already. Thankyou

I am not asking for a deck reset, but a reset of my account to start of open beta state, a rollback. If that's possible. I do not want to gain any advantage from having my account reset. As I said before, I am actually losing out on all the hours spent. I don't want all my decks back while keeping my current rank and level. I am happy having a reset to level 1 with the kegs I had carried over from closed beta and my ranking being calculated accordingly as well (Open beta put me at rank 5 when I started. I was rank 9 in closed beta)

My apologies for doing such a stupid thing and I appreciate you responding! You guys are awesome.

P.S. Added screenshot to show how bad it really is lol
2017-06-01_2109_1.jpg

Last edited:
As you stated, this situation may come in handy. Now that everyone knows it can happen, steps can probably be taken to ensure the game prevents it. And that's the root of beta testing: purposefully trying to break the game.

So...well done! ;) Feel better!

SigilFey;n8740250 said:
As you stated, this situation may come in handy. Now that everyone knows it can happen, steps can probably be taken to ensure the game prevents it. And that's the root of beta testing: purposefully trying to break the game.

So...well done! ;) Feel better!

Thanks mate :)

Many thanks to CDPR support and Dominika for sorting me out (reset took place last night, starter decks back and challenges reset) it is very much appreciated. I am still hoping they will reset my level and reinstate rewards from the closed beta though, because now i am level 24 rank 10 but with starter decks so I can't play against anyone :D I certainly made a mess for myself

Anyway, this thread can be closed/deleted now and marked as solved :) Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom