Achievements Broken Again After 1.08.1

+
The achievements don't work again. After installment 1.08.2. They care one but break another. Do something please.

/facepalm

They should just delete achievements and be done with it if such a big deal to keep without breaking every other patch. I can't remember a game that had such issues with achievements before, over so many weeks.

EDIT: I just updated Witcher 3 for the small patch assume it was 1.08.02 logged into game and suddenly I had a load of Steam Achievements pop up which was a surprise after reading the recent comments.

Checking through it appears not all those I have completed have been added enmasse just now, such as Passed The Trial, Ran The Gauntlet & Walked the Path even though I did finish the game on Death March a while ago. But a lot of others have now been registered so looks like the latest patch via Steam did resolve at least some of the issue.

I'll check again later to see if those missing are also added. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot of Steam window showing a load of achievements just added on loading after update to latest patch 'Unlocked 17 Aug @ 10.45pm';

Attachments

• witcher3-steam-achievements-1-08-02-added.png
    witcher3-steam-achievements-1-08-02-added.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Word on the Steam forums is that 1.08.1 made achievements missed during 1.07 pop retroactively, which is what you're seeing. Anything achieved after 1.08.1 isn't popping.

Word on the Steam forums is that 1.08.1 made achievements missed during 1.07 pop retroactively, which is what you're seeing. Anything achieved after 1.08.1 isn't popping.

Ok thanks for the info, I'll go check those.

I did update and launch yesterday and nothing and then this small 18MB patch today (Game+ and 1.08.02 if I read it right) and it updated after so assume it worked via 1.08.01 and 1.08.02 retrospectively but perhaps not earned now. All confusing especially as not all were updated.

No fucking way. I already didn't play for a while on 1.07 and now it is broken again? Is there a way to stop the game from patching on Stream so I can still get the achievements? I guess screw it I'll just finish the game without them. I swear this game worked best vanilla when I first downloaded it. Patches have just made things worse.

I really don't get what CDPR is doing. I never had a Game before where Achievements were broken and this is even better: Achivements are broken, they fix it and with the next Patch its broken again...

:angry2:

I don't buy and play games without achievements. So I can't play the Witcher 3 during last month. CDRP it's very bad job!!! You just ignore Your players. Your support is worst!

I don't buy and play games without achievements. So I can't play the Witcher 3 during last month. CDRP it's very bad job!!! You just ignore Your players. Your support is worst!

I wouldn't got anywhere near that far. The fact that they are trying alone puts them above a very large number of devs. It would be nice to have an eta for a hot fix or the next big patch though, and I do think a hotfix should be what they should do though, this is a big mistake to make after they just made the same mistake and left it for three weeks.

Last edited:
The problem is that it seems like the devs don't care anymore. There are a lot of threads about this issue, but not a single "Yeah we know there is a problem and we will fix it asap. Thanks for your patience" :(

The problem is that it seems like the devs don't care anymore. There are a lot of threads about this issue, but not a single "Yeah we know there is a problem and we will fix it asap. Thanks for your patience" :(

Agreed. Communications is so easy and essentially free, yet companies continue to fail in this area.

Reply from CDPR support after 3 days:
"Thank you for your feedback, we're currently investigating this issue."

Just received the following mail from the CDPR PC Support Team:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, our team is working on a fix. I advise keeping savegames made just before achievement should be awarded, because we're not sure if the fix will be retroactive.

Regards,

Kuba Woźniakowski

I started a NG+ today with my Galaxy version. Game is automatically patched to the newest version. Achievements are broken there too - I should at least reached the power overwhelming achievement in White Orchard...

While true that keeping a lot of saves help, it's not like you can actually know beforehand WHEN it pops. It can be after you defeat a hard monster in which case you can't make a save that saves you having to redo the fight, or it could be after you turn a quest in in which you can. Point is, you don't know.

How am I supposed to know when the gwent tournament achivement was supposed to fire? I had a very hard time there and if that achievement fires after the beat down... now, normally I'd just set the game to easy for redoing that, but who knows if THAT is implemented correctly, maybe lowering the difficulty then infects my real save and I don't get the blood & broken bones achievement down the line which would be even worse.

UGH.

Completed the game today, didn't receive the achievement for killing Eredin or finishing the game. Quite dissapointed, wanted to start my NG+, immediately.

Why they cannot just release a hot-fix during 24 hours after first post about this issue, like any other devs? why so long wait?

Top Bottom