Achievements Broken [GOG Galaxy 2.0]

+
Nothing is working for me. I managed to get 1 achievement, meeting Yennefer called "Lilac and Gooseberries" (all my other achievements were on the old Galaxy client) and then I turned it off, came back the next day and started playing. Can't get any of them to work. I've tried multiple times. I even started 3 new saves to test it. Nothing.

I'm playing to unlock these things. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried deleting the "gameplay.db" file, rebooting the cllient, giving admin rights, adding all of the exes for Galaxy to the Firewall (making sure, rather), clearing my DNS....but nothing. even tried to apply to the Galaxy beta, but that also didn't help. I just don't understand how I got one, and then it broke.

Please, if anyone, or even official support, can help me out with this, I would be really grateful. :sad:

Here is a thread on the GOG forums, about the same issue. Someone managed to fix it with the verify/repair feature, which you didn't list as something you've tried yet. Definitely worth a try; it fixes all kinds of issues sometimes.

Could also try fully uninstalling and then reinstalling Galaxy.

If nothing else works, you can also contact CDPR Support (but it's the holidays so do take that into account).

Hello,

It is something I tried after I made the thread from pure desperation, verifying the game/repairing the game that is. That didn't solve the issue. I did also try reinstalling a fresh copy of Galaxy 2.0, but sadly that did not seem to work.

However, reverting from Galaxy 2.0 to the older GOG client worked, but only after I cleared every trace of Galaxy 2.0 from my system after uninstalling it. I did this by using CCleaner and then going through my registery and deleting the non-GOG game related entries for Galaxy 2.0 (so, anything pointing to Galaxy 2.0 that wasn't for a game). After that, I rebooted and installed the older GOG client. I then just made it look for my GOG games folder, booted the game and tried to take out the pack of wolves at the tree in Velen and about 3-4 seconds after clearing them, I received the notification for the achievement. After dozens and dozens of tries using 2.0 and not getting it, it was almost immediate in the older GOG.

Hopefully providing my answer here helps someone help who might be experiencing the exact same thing. As for me, I'll just being using old GOG until Galaxy 2.0 matures quite a bit. :giveup:

Well, back to the Path!

Top Bottom