Achievements in the Enhanced Edition

+
Dona said:
Most achievements are for the developers to track player progression, see what they did and how many people completed certain areas; not really for the players to brag about. Not that 'real'/fun achievements hurt a game either.
You can easily implement hidden features like that without making them achievements. Most modern games have that, especially the devilspawn or always-on DRM.

Dona said:
As CDPR say many times "We listen to the fans when we make a game." So I'm confident in TW3 we will have achievements which are real achievements. I really appreciate this cos then there are exciting challenges besides the fullfilment of a quest.
They'd need to make their own platform for tracking achievements for non-Steam PC users. If not, I'm not sure it'd be worth it to make a big deal out of achievements.
The problem is the achievements should be equal across Non-Steam PC, Steam and Xbox (and possibly a new PS in the case of The Witcher 3)

One workaround would be to implement them ingame with some sort of ingame browser for them.

Gonna have to agree about the poker achievement... just today I rolled four of a kind and I got all excited because at least I had a one in six chance of getting the achievement, then my opponent quit the match and I didn't get to re-roll. Gah. Generally, I'm not a fan of achievements that rely on chance, like random item drops (pure bladestone in Demon's Souls, anyone?) or gambling minigames.

The rest are cool. It's a good mix of the usual story progression milestones and trying out alternate versions of decisions. I don't usually do achievements (there's a grand total of three games where I've done all of them so far, like, in my life), but I'll clean these puppies out.

Okay, gotta add a complaint here - I just finished the game on Roche's path and as far as I know I really did absolutely everything (this being the 2nd playthrough I used the quest handbook, so I'm about as sure of this as I can be), and I ended up finishing the game just about 400 XP short of level 35. Some cursory googling tells me Iorveth's path yields more XP, so I'd have to conclude it's actually impossible to get to level 35 on Roche's path unless you find a way to kill 50 extra Nekkers or something - from what I've seen, smaller respawning creatures are 8 XP each, but the more frequently respawning ones like Harpies actually don't give you any XP at all, so it's pretty difficult to grind.

Not a fan of this fact. I totally understand the game being constructed in such a way that you can't level up to a ridiculous degree early on and I actually somewhat appreciate the fact that this discourages doing hours of mindless grinding, but if that's the case, it really should be possible to max out if you do everything.

Gameplay-wise of course it isn't a problem. I played it on hard this time, and with the best available equipment the last section of the game is a cakewalk at level 34. But still, it's kind of a strange choice. Especially given that I wonder what it would even be like without the EE content. Was the XP yield of quests adjusted?

so I'd have to conclude it's actually impossible to get to level 35 on Roche's path unless you find a way to kill 50 extra Nekkers or something

There's a cave near Flotsman where nekkers respawn. There's endregas in the forest and drowners by the waterfall.

Then in Act 2 there's Rotfiends that respawn constantly on Roche's path in a cave beneath Henselt's camp.

i reached level 35 easily without having to kill "extra" hostileswell I did complete the game 100% on both paths (dark mode)

I always hit Level 35 on a Roche playthrough - two nights in "game time" killing the rottfiends outside the Kaedweni camp will do it. It doesn't take long, and it's fun :)

I also noticed that on EE, you now get XP from killing the various wraiths and dead soldiers who attack the Kaedweni soldiers just past the brothel, so it should be even faster now.

Thanks, guys. I'm starting another playthrough tonight, so I'll keep this stuff in mind. Have to play through the game at least two more times anyway - and then I'm sure I'll find other excuses to keep playing...

I'm having issues getting any achievements at all. They seem to be broken for me. :(

Purchased EE two days ago and haven't been given a single achievement yet. Is it because I purchased through Steam?

Top Bottom