Achievements not working in 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are countless threads on the steam forums about this. Achievements are broken in 1.07. No one is getting any since the patch, mods or not.

A hotfix patch would be nice asap that also retroactively makes achievements you have achieved but not had pop up, pop up

I doubt, that achievements work like that. I could bet that they pop up, when a specific event is triggered. Just loading a savegame to get the achievements will not trigger these events retroactively. Even more, if it would work like that, one could just load a savegame from someone else who has all achievements and you would get all achievements as well.

I doubt, that achievements work like that. I could bet that they pop up, when a specific event is triggered. Just loading a savegame to get the achievements will not trigger these events retroactively. Even more, if it would work like that, one could just load a savegame from someone else who has all achievements and you would get all achievements as well.

Exactly.

This is also the reason why this bug should be patched ASAP because it can't be retroactivly fixed like a missed quest.

If you play for achievements you simply can't play the game or lets say some parts of it at the moment.

Also, i pity all the players who played over the weekend and have to replay if they want their achievements.

It does actually work like that sometimes. I have an alt steam account. It has a few duplicate games as my main account. I've loaded a few of them up before and had loads of achievements pop, achievements that i already had on my main accounts game. So some games achievements certainly do work by whatever is on a save file. Not all of course but it does happen.

Also note that previous GFWL titles that have gone steamworks work the same way. Load a previous save file from GFWL and steam will unlock all those achievements you have already gotten. Dead Rising 2 and OTR and Resi Evil 5 are 3 that spring to mind that used this method. Oh and nearly forgot. GTA V did the same for people that transferred their GTA online profile when the game launched on steam.

Last edited:
I doubt, that achievements work like that.

With some games it does work like that, it depends how achievements are implemented into the game.

Also I don't personally care if someone would be able to cheat if CDPR made a retroactive fix, I am more concerned with the achievements I have earned popping compared to if someone is able to cheat.

KURWA, why they do not reperair this? What's a broken game. The patches give nothing. Folks... I played Tibia, Guild Wars and many other games but never see too much errors. I want back my money.

I personally do not care about achievements but, to make this known, also do not get any after the new patch 1.07. Steam Version here, not modded any files.

Same problem with GOG version just finished playing on Death March and no achievement. Full witcher set equipped didn't trigger achievement too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom