Achievements not working in 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest (forced) GOG Client Update (1.0.6.31) just removed the "Rollback" option for me. So no chance to return to 1.06 anymore.

Does this mean a hot-fix is coming very soon?

Guest 3841733

Hey guys,
quick question: do you use any mods?

Cheers
Łukasz Babiel

I don't use mods. Steam achievements just stopped working for Witcher 3. It works for other games, because I just got some achievements for Homeworld: Remastered today. :)

The Eventual fix....will be retroactive? i mean, i can continue the game or risk of not receiving any achievement after the fix?

I still hope that they will hotfix this issue instead of waiting and try to solve everything else with an 1.08 patch .

I really hope so too. Broken achievements are the ONLY problem i have with 1.07. It has stopped me playing the game fullstop. I was really getting into the game and enjoying it. Please hurry and fix this asap!

From Twitter:

Saqib Mansoor ‏ @klabooe 5h5 hours ago
@marcin360 In case CDPR didn't know, Patch 1.07 broke Achievements for TW3 on Steam. I thought it was only me until I visited the forums.

Marcin Momot
@marcin360
@klabooe We are aware and working on it. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Another Update from Twitter:

"Егор Капинус ‏@ego1793" 1 hour ago
"@Marcin360" Hello Marcin. I took the card Zoltan, but achievement "Card Collector" is not received. I collected all cards.

"Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360" 1 hour ago
"@ego1793" We are looking into the achievement problem.

Another Update from Twitter:

"Егор Капинус ‏@ego1793" 1 hour ago
"@Marcin360" Hello Marcin. I took the card Zoltan, but achievement "Card Collector" is not received. I collected all cards.

"Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360" 1 hour ago
"@ego1793" We are looking into the achievement problem.

We are looking into it was what they said a few days ago. So nothing new there then.

I've actually just applied for a refund on steam. Simply because i cannot continue the game with the broken achievements. I bought it on steam specifically for steam achievements, paying was over the odds for the privilege (£50) when i could of gotten the game for half the price for a GOG version on Green Man Gaming (£23) so i feel i have every right to apply.

I was enjoying the game immensely but have hit a brick wall over this. Very disappointed.

Also problem with achivments in 1.07 patch.
I finished 'Power Overwhelming' and "Kear Morhen Trained" but still can't receive achivment in GOG Galaxy (all 15 DLC installed).

We are looking into it was what they said a few days ago. So nothing new there then.

I've actually just applied for a refund on steam. Simply because i cannot continue the game with the broken achievements. I bought it on steam specifically for steam achievements, paying was over the odds for the privilege (£50) when i could of gotten the game for half the price for a GOG version on Green Man Gaming (£23) so i feel i have every right to apply.

I was enjoying the game immensely but have hit a brick wall over this. Very disappointed.
The achievements will get registered once they fix the current bug so not a big problem.

The main reason to pay the correct price via Steam or GOG is that it properly supports the development of a great game. Purchasing from GMG etc. cuts most of that support out as they buy cheap regional versions and resell them.

Given that you have played the game over 2 hours you not likely to see your money back via Steam either especially for that reason.

The achievements will get registered once they fix the current bug so not a big problem.

The main reason to pay the correct price via Steam or GOG is that it properly supports the development of a great game. Purchasing from GMG etc. cuts most of that support out as they buy cheap regional versions and resell them.

Given that you have played the game over 2 hours you not likely to see your money back via Steam either especially for that reason.

You don't know that achievements are retroactive. Some games aren't.

GMG is an official reseller. Everything they sell is as genuine as steam. Valve take a huge chunk of the profits that's why it's so expensive there. But then again they provide alot of extra services. Services that are currently broken. And support the devs? By paying the same price for less features? Sorry but the devs here are no more deserving of my money that any other dev. They are not the only ones that put out good games you know.

Oh and you're right, it's highly unlikely i will get a refund. But you know, in 11 years on steam and close to 2k games, this is the only one i have had to fully stop playing because a patch broke it. Make what you will of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom