Achievements not working in 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, sorry, I just want to get on playing this great game. And it IS a great game no mistake. I just want to be able to play it again. Fingers crossed that tomorrow we get a bit more info about when it will be fixed :)

I hope so too. I love this game, maybe i am a little bit too much emotional attached to it so it hurts even more that i can't play it like i want to at the moment.

On the other hand, they know that achievements are broken since last Saturday and still no hot-fix whatsoever. The only halfway "official" news is from the twitter account of their community manager.

In the end, i think it comes down to business decisions. But i can live with it because the rest of the game is so outstanding :D

Any word is a fix for this will be retroactive or will it have to be replayed for achievements to unlock?
Thanks.
BTW this is an insanely amazing game, and I just want credit for beating it on a hard difficulty level (I know it 'means nothing' but just a personal pat on the back).

Twitter Update:

Charles Perrin "‏@OrthoRadio" 1 hour ago
"@Marcin360" Hello Marcin ! :) What is the situation on the achievements problem ? Soon a week and no news :/ Thank you !

Marcin Momot "‏@Marcin360"
"@OrthoRadio" We're working on it. Once we can share some solid info, we will.

Same problem here. Just killed 26 enemies at Devils Pit with aard induced falling and no Humpty Dumpty achievement. Using a mod to remove the toxicity haze on the side of the screen but looking through here it looks like unmodded games are in the same boat.

EDIT: Just realized I also did the final two contracts in the game today and did not get the Geralt The Professional achievement either. I double checked the required contracts and confirmed that I've done them all.

Last edited:

Guest 3841733

Achievements won't be retroactive. Need to replay or make a reattempt.

what a bug ridden mess...from merchants that give out gwent cards locked in cages with leaders that dont drop keys to cages for months to achievements not popping which could be months to fix given the time its taken to fix the previous mentioned bug....so sad to see such a beautiful game plagued by such terrible bugs. I'll be back some day in the future when they get this mess of coding sorted out and are done counting our money in the bank. You can keep your season pass..i'll wait and pick up all that content when it hits a $10 gog sale some day if you can work out all these god forsaken game/immersion breaking bugs.

Sheeeit, this blows minor dick. I replayed the game just to get that 100% completion (OCD kicking in big time) and just realized the new patch screwed up the achievements. Such is life

If only they had hotfixed the issue one or two days after they broke it, there would be no need to retroactively fix them after all.

But the current situation is do disheartening:

No official statement in the forums.

The "community manager" only responding on Twitter with generic statements.

No fix after a full week.

This great game deserves better.

Is there ANY communication as to WHEN a fix to this will be issued?

This shouldn't have to wait for the next big patch, this should be fixed very very quickly in a hotfix

Is there ANY communication as to WHEN a fix to this will be issued?

This shouldn't have to wait for the next big patch, this should be fixed very very quickly in a hotfix

The ONLY communication is from yesterday: "We're working on it. Once we can share some solid info, we will."

The ONLY communication is from yesterday: "We're working on it. Once we can share some solid info, we will."

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/624518217214631936

Seems they are busy with next patch. So sadly this more than likely means there won't be any hotfix for this and we have to wait untill 1.08. Whenever that will be. I saw you posted there lol :)

Anyway this isn't really what i expect from a £50 game. Infact i expect this kind of thing only for early access games. Really poor. Ah well lesson learned and all that.

It's not very respectful for the players ... I waited two months after the release because I was studying and after I waited for 1.07. When I was able to start playing (finally!), I saw all these bugs and I stopped playing. And wait ... again.

A week and this little bug is still not fix (like other) ... And apparently we have to wait 1.08 for it!

Please CDPR fix it. At least communicate. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's the total lack of communication that hurts more than the bug itself.

And telling people "we know and we are working on it" is something OBVIOUS and self-evident ,

Edit: I am mostly angry because the game itself is a total masterpiece. Big kudos to everyone! on the team. You all set the bar for open world RPG's to a very high level and it is hurt because of missing communication to the fan base :/

Maybe like this:
Dear Players, unfortunately we made a mistake and disabled achievements in our 1.07 Patch.
It was caused by "<insert small technical description here>. It is affecting all available systems.

We are very sorry but rest assured we are working on it with full force so that your game-play experience can return to its former glory :)

We can't give you an exact date yet, we expect it to be hot fixed within a week but you never know. But we try to keep you informed on a daily basis about the progress. Thanks for your understanding"

Last edited:
You're right, the lack of communication is frustrating ...

Fortunately there is a great update on Kotor 2 that makes me wait. She arrives at the right time :p

Any new word on achievements not working yet?

Is this something that is impacting ALL steam/gog players or just some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom