Achievements not working in 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one question - is it confirmed, that all unlocked achivements gained while bug will appear after fix?

It's not funny if I have to roll back 15h to get e.g. Fust and Furious achievment again..

Only one question - is it confirmed, that all unlocked achivements gained while bug will appear after fix?

It's not funny if I have to roll back 15h to get e.g. Fust and Furious achievment again..

No one knows, as already mentioned multiple times in this thread.

This thread would be half as long if people bothered to read it.

Yeah sorry I should have read through the thread more carefully but it is frustrating nothing has really been communicated in regards to when a fix is incoming or if the achievements will be applied retroactively. Like if the eta for a fix is 3 days I'll just hold out but if it isn't going to be fixed until the next major patch I'll just play through and finish the game.

heres an idea...stop releasing patches to the masses until you've tested them on a few for bugs... :O holy shocker batman...who'd a thunk it? this patch introduced a no rollback option on GOG and stuck users with a whole mess of problems...not cool to force something on people and break game mechanics like achievements. Could it be that hard to get a Beta patch test group formed with an audience this big? probably not with a little effort.

Last edited:
Just as an update for anyone reading and to chip in on the on mass complaints that PC achievements are no longer popping post 1.07:
Achievements gained but haven't popped for me:
- Ran the Gauntlet
- Walked the Path
- Fast & Furious
- Gwent Master
- Card Collector
- That is the Evilest Thing

If they do not configure it so it awards these upon the bug fix I will be:
- Quitting
- not buying any DLC (which I planned to buy all of)

Looking forward to hearing what 1.08 has to fix these PC issues when all I have heard about is the console problems.

Have you guys seen another game (maybe with a similar issue) award achievements retroactively?
I sure hope it's possible.

Some gamers should calm down. It's just useless achievements, not something that prevent you from killing a monster or moving forward in the game. There are more important and impacting bugs which are priority for CDPR to fix, and achievements aren't on top of the list. I mean, it bothers me too that my achievements don't validate, but it will surely be fixed in next patch or the one after, and we'll all be happy to watch trophies.

Some gamers should calm down. It's just useless achievements, not something that prevent you from killing a monster or moving forward in the game. There are more important and impacting bugs which are priority for CDPR to fix, and achievements aren't on top of the list. I mean, it bothers me too that my achievements don't validate, but it will surely be fixed in next patch or the one after, and we'll all be happy to watch trophies.

Useless achievements? A quick look here and the multiple threads on steam about would suggest otherwise. And of course it prevents killing monsters and moving forward as it stops people playing the game altogether. So in effect it should be considered a problem and a priority in the same way anything else that's buggy/broken does.

I couldn't care less about any of these other problems mentioned in all the other threads as none of them affect me but i'm not going to post in them telling them that the devs should be worried about more important stuff.

The achievements are part of the steam experience so to speak. And is part of the reason i chose to buy the game there rather than anywhere else, and as i have already mentioned i could have saved a ton of money buying elsewhere but i chose to pay the premium price on steam because it offers features that nowhere else can.

May i suggest that in future, if you don't agree with a subject in hand then maybe you should just avoid/ignore it, rather than post you conflicting views and expect everyone else to agree to them.

The achievements are part of the steam experience so to speak. And is part of the reason i chose to buy the game there rather than anywhere else, and as i have already mentioned i could have saved a ton of money buying elsewhere but i chose to pay the premium price on steam because it offers features that nowhere else can.

May i suggest that in future, if you don't agree with a subject in hand then maybe you should just avoid/ignore it, rather than post you conflicting views and expect everyone else to agree to them.

You're all wrong dude. Firstly, you can have the same achievements on GOG Galaxy than on Steam. Secondly, you can buy steam keys on cheaper websites, which is what most players do and if you don't, you're probably the only one.
In addition, what you call "premium price" wouldn't be the standard digital edition, but the Collector Edition that is more expensive.
So either you paid the standard price or a lower one, but surely not Premium Price.
Moreover, what you pay is a game and its content, updates and when an update break something, which happens very often in softwares and games, developpers consider the most annoying problems first. If you prefer to be stuck in a quest or having crashes every 10 minutes than not having written that you won all Gwent cards or any other achievement, you have the right to, but it's not the most important problem for most of us.

May I suggest that in future, when you don't know a subject you try not to debate about it, you wouldn't make a fool of yourself.
There are players stuck in the game, in quests, having crashes or other errors, which prevent them from enjoying what they paid for.
Your little achievement and self-estim illusion which makes you feel like you achieved something and are a talented player is irrelevant compared to the frustration some might have when they can't enjoy the game.
You can play the game, have fun with it, and you have what you paid for. Achievements are just a tiny bit of extra, and if that's enough to make you stop playing a game, well it's your choice, but don't blame others for it.
You could just keep on with your adventures and wait next patch which will let you see that you achieved killing 5 enemies in less than 10 seconds and all other achievements you realized, instead of crying about it.
As you mentioned, there are already a lot of threads about it on steam and other forums, devevelopers know about the problem and will fix asap, so it's pointless to continue saying "hey there's a problem here, I'll stop playing" it's so childish...

You're all wrong dude. Firstly, you can have the same achievements on GOG Galaxy than on Steam. Secondly, you can buy steam keys on cheaper websites, which is what most players do and if you don't, you're probably the only one.
In addition, what you call "premium price" wouldn't be the standard digital edition, but the Collector Edition that is more expensive.
So either you paid the standard price or a lower one, but surely not Premium Price.
Moreover, what you pay is a game and its content, updates and when an update break something, which happens very often in softwares and games, developpers consider the most annoying problems first. If you prefer to be stuck in a quest or having crashes every 10 minutes than not having written that you won all Gwent cards or any other achievement, you have the right to, but it's not the most important problem for most of us.

May I suggest that in future, when you don't know a subject you try not to debate about it, you wouldn't make a fool of yourself.
There are players stuck in the game, in quests, having crashes or other errors, which prevent them from enjoying what they paid for.
Your little achievement and self-estim illusion which makes you feel like you achieved something and are a talented player is irrelevant compared to the frustration some might have when they can't enjoy the game.
You can play the game, have fun with it, and you have what you paid for. Achievements are just a tiny bit of extra, and if that's enough to make you stop playing a game, well it's your choice, but don't blame others for it.
You could just keep on with your adventures and wait next patch which will let you see that you achieved killing 5 enemies in less than 10 seconds and all other achievements you realized, instead of crying about it.
As you mentioned, there are already a lot of threads about it on steam and other forums, devevelopers know about the problem and will fix asap, so it's pointless to continue saying "hey there's a problem here, I'll stop playing" it's so childish...

TL ; DR
Just saying, but you are the one coming here telling other people how they have to enjoy THEIR game.

You're all wrong dude. Firstly, you can have the same achievements on GOG Galaxy than on Steam.
How are they the same achievements? Are they on Steam? No? Guess what- it's not the same achievements... Some people enjoy the community of Steam and would rather collect all their games (and achievements) in one place as opposed to on several different ones. It seems no other service has the kind of people who only want one service so it might be hard for you to understand, "dude".

Secondly, you can buy steam keys on cheaper websites, which is what most players do and if you don't, you're probably the only one.
Yeah, well, you know. Uhm... There are no Steam CD-keys for Witcher 3. Food for thought, "dude". :)

In addition, what you call "premium price" wouldn't be the standard digital edition, but the Collector Edition that is more expensive. So either you paid the standard price or a lower one, but surely not Premium Price. So either you paid the standard price or a lower one, but surely not Premium Price.
Standard price on Steam > Standard price GOG. How hard is this to understand?

Didn't have any problems of being stuck on quests (those things had easy workarounds) nor any problems with crashes before the update. Guess what? MOST OF US didn't have any of those problems. So why care? Huh? Why should anyone care about anyones opinion with your kind of thinking? Jesus... You're so incredibly selfimportant it's insane. Look at what thread you're in! I'm trying not to be rude but it's as if you're actually trying to piss people off...

I'll explain this as clearly as I can:
Some people simply won't play without achievements and thus it is stopping them just as much as not being able to complete a quest or having crashing issues. You know what? There's probably MORE people caring about this than of quest-issues (unless you wish to count all different quest-issues together maybe) and crashes.

Wow... You couldn't be nice to anyone even if you tried could you?

I think I see the problem here. You've never actually put yourself in anyone elses shoes before and I honestly doubt you can. To you this issue is dumb. To the guy you're replying to (he might be childish I don't know) this issue makes him not capable of playing the way he wants to play. People are different and if there's anyone with self-esteem issues here it's you.

And no, it doesn't take "less than 10 seconds" to get an achievement again. Some of them might even take hours to get. You've never gotten a single diffucult achievement, have you? You obviously hate achievements so I'm guessing you only get the ones which takes "less than 10 seconds".

Jesus, this isn't even an issue I care about that much but your post is just so rude I couldn't avoid posting...

Last edited:
Waffle waffle blah blah blah

Didn't bother reading any of this. Because i know what sort of post it is. It's a typical 'You should only like what i like and only i'm right' type of post. Yawn

I'll just end by saying this. I really couldn''t give a rats ass about your opinion. Not in the slightest. Your entire contribution to this thread is utterly worthless. Garbage infact. And i guarantee you've not made the slightest difference in the world to anyone's opinion who you're trying to 'educate'

Oh and one last thing. I noticed, through someone above's quoting you' that you mention the premium price on steam. And because you don't seem to be very good at maths i'll explain (even though i have already said it before earlier in the thread) Steam price = £50. GOG price (through GMG) = £24. Understand now? Somehow i doubt it but there you go.

Last edited:
I dont usually post on a game forum like this , but im so utterly pissed at this bug that i forced myself to do it.

This game is completely worthless to me without the achivs , that simple.

It is shameful and pathetic that an obvious bug like this got into the game , i cant believe you even have a damm team to test these patches before you toss them out of the window at your users.

Im right now uninstalling gog galaxy and i can assure you i wont ever buy anything on your plataform , if anything im glad i atleast paid for this on steam so valve got their cut of the money.

I'll rant.

A regression that makes achievements not fire on two platforms (GOG+Steam)
is trivially fixable. That's what's so frustrating. I can't imagine a scenario
where it'd take more than one developer-day to track down the problem, check
in the solution and start pushing out a hot-fix.

Either someone disabled achievements in the code and checked it in by mistake, or
there's a problem with the configuration used when generating the build(s). Even if
we allow for some third option, the problem is 100% reproducible. That's all you really need to know.

Here's how you do it:

1. Fix the problem off a pure 1.07 branch.
2. Immediately push 1.07-achievements-fixed.

Because you did 1-2 in a couple of hours/a day at most after the first reports came in,
you don't really /have/ to spend time figuring out how to fix things retroactively. So
you communicate that this just fixes the base problem, and whether or not players can
look forward to a retroactive fix for the next major patch (QoI). Everything is cool
in the world.

The "how you don't do it" is to wait, not clearly communicating your intentions, for the
'normal' patch cycle which means many more people will be affected making any non-retroactive
fix borderline unacceptable.

Since it's been over a week we're clearly on the "how not to do it" path unfortunately.

I'll rant.

A regression that makes achievements not fire on two platforms (GOG+Steam)
is trivially fixable. That's what's so frustrating. I can't imagine a scenario
where it'd take more than one developer-day to track down the problem, check
in the solution and start pushing out a hot-fix.

Either someone disabled achievements in the code and checked it in by mistake, or
there's a problem with the configuration used when generating the build(s). Even if
we allow for some third option, the problem is 100% reproducible. That's all you really need to know.

Here's how you do it:

1. Fix the problem off a pure 1.07 branch.
2. Immediately push 1.07-achievements-fixed.

Because you did 1-2 in a couple of hours/a day at most after the first reports came in,
you don't really /have/ to spend time figuring out how to fix things retroactively. So
you communicate that this just fixes the base problem, and whether or not players can
look forward to a retroactive fix for the next major patch (QoI). Everything is cool
in the world.

The "how you don't do it" is to wait, not clearly communicating your intentions, for the
'normal' patch cycle which means many more people will be affected making any non-retroactive
fix borderline unacceptable.

Since it's been over a week we're clearly on the "how not to do it" path unfortunately.

Well said, it's not a "big deal" to fix, hence why it's a "big deal" in forums and there are so many threads about it...

I don't care either about Achievements too much, since I will replay the game at least one more time anyway, but some won't, and some WILL be frustrated to lose on gwent collector, death march finish, level 35 etc. which are on the more time-consuming side.

10 days guys ... Seriously !

You have a communication problem ... or skill ... or both.

Unbelievable for talented people like you :ermm:

Oh, I tought it was only me, I finished all races, beaten every1 up on the fists of fury, and collected all the gwent cards, none of em gave me an achievement :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom