Achievements not working in 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fix won't be retroactive. Apologies.

And this is the very reason i begged them to hotfix it from the beginning! They ruined achievements for quite a few people with that. Which is sad because the game itself is a masterpiece.

And if they had better communication about it from the very beginning, people could have saved their savegames to unlock them afterall without the need to replay ....

this is absurd that we have to wait on a major patch just to fix achievements...then what..something else major breaks until the next patch...very unprofessional. Achievements and alot of quests have been broken for weeks now with patch 1.07 and instead of just hot fixes we get to wait for the next patch...how amateur. Don't expect me to be picking up your next game anytime close to release CDRP or even within the first year..since its obvious you rush your games without bug testing first.

Ugh. The handling of this is so disappointing. I have to assume people simply went on vacation, because if there's people in the office there's really no excuse to not hotfix this. None.

Why at least not make the fix retoractive? Most of the achievements should be trivial to fire, things like quests completed, gwent cards collected and so on are all in the save data.

this is absurd that we have to wait on a major patch just to fix achievements...then what..something else major breaks until the next patch...very unprofessional. Achievements and alot of quests have been broken for weeks now with patch 1.07 and instead of just hot fixes we get to wait for the next patch...how amateur. Don't expect me to be picking up your next game anytime close to release CDRP or even within the first year..since its obvious you rush your games without bug testing first.

It's a problem with all big new games, there is so many combinations of things happening. But then what they all need to learn is more solid programming tackling things already at the start. One can easy learn what sort of errors many times occur. Then you program with every sidequest some more lines around it that triggers are forced to happen after some things.

And the bigger companies should have a bigger Quality Assurance headquarter. Nothing leaves the building before it has been tested and approved by them. Squaresoft/Square-Enix are doing it well for decades already.

Games get more and more complicated and the producers should be more aware if it that quality decides the release date. Not the commercial headquarter.Assasins Creed got recently already a big punch in the face from not delivering even a decent finished game.

Witcher 3 Sounded promising but now since 1.07 it's starting to wander over the drama path, which is sad.:( I really hope 1.08 fixed things and restores the goodwill.

:pride2:

For the moment, I am eagerly waiting 1.08 to start my second go through the game.:D

Ugh. The handling of this is so disappointing. I have to assume people simply went on vacation, because if there's people in the office there's really no excuse to not hotfix this. None.

Why at least not make the fix retoractive? Most of the achievements should be trivial to fire, things like quests completed, gwent cards collected and so on are all in the save data.

indeed most the achievements we've accomplished could probably be fixed in that way by utilizing our save files and learning that we already accomplished them...however it seems these developers lead the thought of "oh well, we dont care, they can either just re-do it or forget about it, we already have their money". Well fool me once shame on me...fool me twice...ahh screw it, you know the rest.

What we have on our hands are a team of amateurs thatt just dont care. I guess like Bungie all the real talent has left the building. Well no i'll be fair...Bungie has no story writers at all. CDRP atleast has that going, but all the good coding developers have obviously went on a long vacation...you can tell with all the quest related bugs, poorly designed combat system where rolling and quick striking is really the only 2 moves if you want to survive, poorly designed MAIN mission levels that go from level 11 to level 13, back DOWN to level 9 and greyed out....umm ok shouldnt it stay going UP (duh)...mixed with poorly designed XP system limiting a SINGLE player game so poorly. I think what CDRP needs is non-noobs out of college pretending to know how to put a "masterpiece" together in a copy and paste unreal engine world using their great story writers dialogues/cut scenes.

Its actually a bug? I started not using gog to launch the game because i swear i get the crashes ever 5 mins with it on.. and since then witcher 3 and gog have been oblivious to each other.. in 1.04 even if you ran witcher gog still clocked your hours.

Whatever, i only really care about my steam stuff anyway.

Hmm, I wish achievements stop working with 1.07. I'm unable collect achievements from 1.03 or 1.04.

Last edited:
Since 1.08 is now out, closing this one off. If Achievements issues still remain then feel free to crack open a new 1.08 version of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom