Achievements

+
Achievements

Today we have a special treat for all of the achievement hunters lurking out there. Below you can find majority of the achievements you will be able to unlock while you progress through The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings on Xbox 360. As you can see this is not a full list as we removed the ones which can spoil the game by revealing plot development.

1) To Aedirn! - Complete Chapter 1
2) Complete Chapter 2 – Alea lacta Est
3) Once Ain't Enough - Complete Chapter 3
4) Apprentice - Use alchemy to brew five potions or oils
5) Master Alchemist - Acquire the Mutant ability
6) The Butcher of Blaviken - Kill 500 foes
7) Miser - Collect 10000 orens
8) Focus - Perform three successful ripostes in a row
9) Craftsman - Hire a craftsman to create an item
10) Pest Control - Finish all quests involing the destruction of monster nests
11) Torn Asunder! - Kill more than one opponent using a single exploding bomb
12) Gambler - Win an arm wrestling match, a dice poker game and a fist fight
13) Gladiator - Defeat all opponents in the Kaedweni arena
14) Madman - Finish the game while playing at the Dark difficulty level
15) Journeyman - Achieve character level 10
16) Guru - Achieve character level 35
17) Master of Magic - Acquire the Sense of Magic ability
18) Mutant! - Enhance abilities using mutagens at least five times
19) Last Man Standing - Survive your 30th fight in the Arena
20) Perfectionist - Kill 10 foes in a row without losing any Vitality
21) Poker! - Roll five-of-a-kind at dice poker
22) Tried-and-True - Survive your 5th fight in the Arena
23) The Fugitive - Complete the Prologue
24) Ricochet - Kill a foe by deflecting his own arrow at him
25) Swordmaster - Acquire the Combat Acumen ability
26) To Be Continued… - Finish the game at any difficulty level
27) Threesome - Kill three foes at once by performing a group finisher

Nice!

Now we know what to do to get them before we get the game, but isn't it just a bit spoilerish? You did take out the most spoilerish stuff and for that I thank you CDPR! Very classy and very nice! We do like treats! Thanks for the Preview! :)

I have stated before that I will get TW2 on Steam but with all the problems with that version I will probably get TW2 from GOG.Com. If there is a sale that is :)

JackintheGreen said:
Im impressed... no achievements for having sex in the game... That is a very classy touch of you, guys.

The wankers will be disappointed, :p

There are 23 achievements missing here so you never know;)

MM360 said:
26) To Be Continued… - Finish the game at any difficulty level

The list of achievements was meant to be spoiler free! And here you just spoiled...the Witcher 3 at least :)

But, actually, I welcome this particular spoiler with utmost pleasure

Dona said:
Making it easier for them, are you?
I read somewhere that insanity is just hard mode with permadeath, and Dark mode is supposed to be harder than that, but with no permadeath.

Aver

Forum veteran
WardDragon said:
The Steam achievements are visible here :) It contains spoilers though:

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TheWitcher2/achievements

You know what is sad? That only 48% of people killed Kayran. So less than half of people beat 1/3 of the game.

Also less than 30% of game owners finished the game. And less than 70% of players finished prologue!

Aver said:
You know what is sad? That only 48% of people killed Kayran. So less than half of people beat 1/3 of the game.

Also less than 30% of game owners finished the game. And less than 70% of players finished prologue!

Is it not the usual ratio for games?
I admit Im completely ignorant in the subject, but I'd guess that the majority of people which buy a game doesn't finish it...

JackintheGreen said:
Is it not the usual ratio for games?
I admit Im completely ignorant in the subject, but I'd guess that the majority of people which buy a game doesn't finish it...
Truth, you can look up pretty much any game with achievements and come to similar conclusion.

JackintheGreen said:
I read somewhere that insanity is just hard mode with permadeath, and Dark mode is supposed to be harder than that, but with no permadeath.
I honestly have no idea, but permadeath is a harder/more punishing mode no matter the base difficulty, imo. Even if you played on 'easy' combat difficulty and died, you'd have to start over.

JackintheGreen said:
Only 2 achievements on that list pose a real challenge. #19 and #20.
#20 is #1 achieved one on Steam, so I think you're wrong on that one. :p

Bratinov said:
Actually
There are achievements for sex :p

a little tacky there. For games I like, I'm a bit of a trophy hunter on PS3... and I've been enjoying not having that little monster on my shoulder playing TW games. It's felt more immersive, as everything I've done is because I've made the choice, not because I'm trying to farm kills or hit 5 of the same in poker... oh well. I don't have a 360 so not really an issue for me (is it wrong that I'm still tempted to get the sweet TW2 boxset for a game I can't play? :p )

Aver said:

It won't be entirely accurate, because
- if you play offline, your achievements don't EVER get uploaded. (Some Steam games store the info locally and update the next time you go online, but not TW2). There's no benefit in being online with TW2 as the overlay doesn't work, so there'll be a lot who stay offline. There's also a fair number of people like me who stay offline permanently because of potential internet downtime. They'll show in the initial "starting" figures but not in the later "finishing" ones.
- There's been at least two game versions where the achievements stopped working, so anyone who played during these period won't be showing stats.

I don't know how inaccurate the numbers are, but they'll definitely be better than shown.

I find achievements fun on a second or third playthrough, especially those that make you go places you might not otherwise do, like "find all of the books in the game" or "collect one of every single species of plant life", but the ones you get in standard gameplay, or that are just random, are a bit meh.

Incidentally, when I made this I joked about "sitting through the credits" as an achievement. I was quite shocked when I played DX3 and found out that it WAS one of the achievements.

Top Bottom