Achievments not unlocking on GOG

+
I have a problem with GoG not acknowleding 3 achievments i should have unlocked recently:
- Rough Landing
- I am the law

Stacked a LOT (12 knocked down alive enemies) before landing on they does not trigger the achievment.
Finished all the jobs (got the reward for Cyberpsycho Sighting).

Both not unlocked, i know i had it working recently since i got Christmas Tree Attack the 17 September.
I can't recall since when they do not trigger since that the last one i got.

Maybe since then i had a mod that make it bug, but i also have problems with cloud save sync since 5 days which sync always late after i end a session (error message: Cloud sync failed due to heavy load).

The best would to try these few steps and send a ticket to the support if it doesn't work ("contact us" button).
But maybe due to the "recent" fair amount of players (also players which maybe use "cross-progression" even if they don't need it), GOG servers have a hard time too :)

The best would to try these few steps and send a ticket to the support if it doesn't work ("contact us" button).
But maybe due to the "recent" fair amount of players (also players which maybe use "cross-progression" even if they don't need it), GOG servers have a hard time too :)
I don't think i have a save old enough for I am the Law, tho i tried a lot to get Rough Landing without success.

I don't think i have a save old enough for I am the Law, tho i tried a lot to get Rough Landing without success.
I wonder, if you enable "cross progression" in the game settings, your last save file is uploaded on GOG normally without problem ? (a little "validated cloud" icon on it).

I wonder, if you enable "cross progression" in the game settings, your last save file is uploaded on GOG normally without problem ? (a little "validated cloud" icon on it).
I have activated the cross progression, tho there's no "cloud" icon.
When i press the "cross save" button at the bottom there's an error saying i didn't used GOG 2 Launcher (strange since i'm launching it with GOG Galaxy 2).

I noticed tho that the "heavy load" error for the sync is shown in GOG Launcher everytime i run the game.
This error started to show a week ago, so maybe it check's out.

Edit: so, i thinks it's related, probably a mod causing cloud sync to have bugs.

1664662878270.png

Last edited:
I have activated the cross progression, tho there's no "cloud" icon.
When i press the "cross save" button at the bottom there's an error saying i didn't used GOG 2 Launcher (strange since i'm launching it with GOG Galaxy 2).

I noticed tho that the "heavy load" error for the sync is shown in GOG Launcher everytime i run the game.
This error started to show a week ago, so maybe it check's out.

Edit: so, i thinks it's related, probably a mod causing cloud sync to have bugs.

View attachment 11322296
Yep, there is definitly an issue to link your GOG account on the game (so achievements, cross progression, rewards doesn't work).

Ok so, if i disable all mods, the sync seem to works again.
Tho, even only activating "Cyber Engine Tweaks" make it not work anymore.
It's strange since i used it when i got my last achievment but it look like mods are the culprit.

If you use Cyber Engine Tweaks (CET), do not use the intro skipping things. This is preventing the game and GOG to "talk" to each other because that is part of the start of the game before the main menu.
In CET do not check Skip Start Menu and Suppress Intro Movies. GOG is than working like intended.

If you use Cyber Engine Tweaks (CET), do not use the intro skipping things. This is preventing the game and GOG to "talk" to each other because that is part of the start of the game before the main menu.
In CET do not check Skip Start Menu and Suppress Intro Movies. GOG is than working like intended.
HOOO thanks, so the mod "no Intro Video" make that problem too i guess.
Cloud Save seem fixed, not achievments unlock tho (rough landing not triggering)

Last edited:
Using mods will invalidate many games for achievements, as the platform will recognize that the game is not being played as designed. Unfortunately, something as simple as removing videos instead of skipping them will be recognized by platforms as having altered the data. In other cases, for games that offer official modding support, if there is anything in that games mod directory, achievements will be partially or completely disabled.

As CP2077 requires the game to played at a default, Vanilla difficulty from beginning to end without being changed, any alteration of game functionality will likely disable certain achievements.

Well, from my perspective I can't fully agree with that. Mainly because of the first paragraph:

During my first playthrough on release (december 2020, v1.0) everything related to achievements worked fine. Halfway through the game I started using mods (core mods like CET, redscript, no intro videos etc.) and the achievements still worked without any problems or weird delays and finally I beat the game after about 112 hours with 84% GOG achievements and this result remains unchanged to this day.

So... It's second approach, also with mods. "Edgerunners" anime, positive feedback/reviews/opinion about the state of the game, pick what you want. Anyway, I started a new game about two months ago (september 2022) on version 1.6 - and here comes the disappointment: achievements that I have left to complete are easy to do, but they have not been unlocked despite completing the requirements multiple times. In the meantime, patch 1.61 came out, but even that didn't help.

I tried starting the game by default exe and via REDmod.
With mods on and off.
With RivaTuner overlay on and off.
With GOG overlay on and off.
With verify/repair option.
After uninstalling and re-downloading whole game.
Well... In short: with a combination of all of the above.

Over 215 hours in game right now and still no progress on achievements. Moreover, I keep having the problem mentioned by @ZXRO.exe at the other CP2077 forum: despite of the successful savegames upload to the cloud, I get a message that the synchronization is not working and the game's main menu (pop up with cursor on "continue" button) says the same thing. Interestingly - this problem disappears after deactivating the mods.

Have the patches that are supposed to fix the game turned out to break it again?

So... It's second approach, also with mods. "Edgerunners" anime, positive feedback/reviews/opinion about the state of the game, pick what you want. Anyway, I started a new game about two months ago (september 2022) on version 1.6 - and here comes the disappointment: achievements that I have left to complete are easy to do, but they have not been unlocked despite completing the requirements multiple times. In the meantime, patch 1.61 came out, but even that didn't help.

I tried starting the game by default exe and via REDmod.
With mods on and off.
With RivaTuner overlay on and off.
With GOG overlay on and off.
With verify/repair option.
After uninstalling and re-downloading whole game.
Well... In short: with a combination of all of the above.

Over 215 hours in game right now and still no progress on achievements.
I'm not sure you're understanding how the achievement system works:

The game has many achievements that rely on players playing the game at a set difficulty from beginning to end. If you change the difficulty at any point, those achievements will not unlock. If you activate mods during a playthrough, achievements may stop unlocking. If you use mods that alter the gameplay in any way, the achievements may also be disabled. Mod enough, or use the correct combination of mods, and you may completely disable all achievements. Depends on your mod library.

Disabling the mods will not correct this. You need to uninstall the mods and begin a new game to ensure achievements are working as designed. If you're seeing a problem with mods installed (not active and running -- simply installed) then there may not be anything that anyone can do for you. Support is not available for modded playthroughs.

If you are playing a new game with no mods installed, and your achievements are not proccing, then that means that they're already universally unlocked on that account, or that there's a problem with your account itself. In that case, you'd need to contact the platform (GOG, Steam, Epic, etc.) to report the issue. That's likely not something that CDPR can assist with, as it's through the platform, not the game.

I feel so stupid. Been banging my head trying to figure this out also. Much appreciated choom.

Top Bottom