[ACT I] Abigail poison vial discussion

+
[ACT I] Abigail poison vial discussion

I am pretty sure that when I played through v 1.3 I got a discussion with Abigail about how she sold the vial to Ilse and that she didn't care what it was used for, but in EE I can't seem to get this talk anymore. Was it cut, or do I need to talk to Abigail at a certain point during the quest?

Poquers said:
I am pretty sure that when I played through v 1.3 I got a discussion with Abigail about how she sold the vial to Ilse and that she didn't care what it was used for, but in EE I can't seem to get this talk anymore. Was it cut, or do I need to talk to Abigail at a certain point during the quest?
While in v 1.4, the latest with EE, I got this chat with Abigail almost at the end of chapter 1, in the caves with her while the villagers are gathered outside.

Yeah, I get that chat too, but that's not the one I meant. I remember talking with Abigail in her hut sometime after I raided the crypt and picked up the poison vial. After all, Mikul specifically accuses the witch of killing Ilse, and Geralt confronted her about that. Note how in the cave-talk both parties already seem to know this because they talked about it before.Hmm... maybe it has something to do with me choosing to kill the frightener instead of helping Triss this time over?

IIRC, the dialogue occurs in the cave. And you need the vial as proof -- it's removed from your inventory only after the mob scene.

I remember finding that i could pick up that vial WAAY back in v1.0. The only problem was that it was never removed from the quest items inventory. By the time I patched to v1.3, the devs had fixed that.No idea whether it affects any quest dialogue though :hmmm:

There is one dialogue in Abigail's hut where Geralt asks her if she hates all humans (this is after completing the candles part of Of Monsters and Men) and she says yes and specifically talks about the Reverend. She also says people come to her for potions, poisons and cures and that she doesn't care how they are used. Then, in the cave, she goes into the specifics of what Mikul did to Ilsa.You need to go and talk to Abigail in her hut after Alvin appears in the village in the Reverend's custody to get that first part of the dialogue. The cave dialogue is the same whether you went and talked to her, because it is probably assumed that you did.

Chuckles said:
I remember finding that i could pick up that vial WAAY back in v1.0. The only problem was that it was never removed from the quest items inventory. By the time I patched to v1.3, the devs had fixed that.
It is removed. I noticed that right after the mob scene, when the Beast appears. You have to pay attention to notice the message about the vial being given to the Reverend.

Yeah, Edirr, that's the one I mean! Glad I wasn't crazy after all. :teeth: As I am a sucker for this game and want all the details, I will try to reproduce it.Also, I read somewhere on here that there's supposed to be a "scene" where the Reverend hits Alvin. Anyone know how or when to trigger that?

There's a dialogue where Alvin tells Geralt the Reverend hit him. That dialogue is only triggered if you choose the destiny option in the discussion with the King of the Wild Hunt and do not fight Leo.In this regard, the quests Dead Hand of the Past and Of Monsters and Men are linked. You need to do the candles to get into the chapel and doing the candles triggers Alvin's kidnapping (appears in the village). If you choose the dialogue where you don't fight Leo, Alvin wants to go back to Abigail and cries about the Reverend hitting him. If you fight Leo, he will tell you the Reverend plucked him from the witch's claws. I've tested the triggers for these options and they work the same every time.

Awesome! You're the man. Thanks alot for clearing that up! :D Now, if one could only find out what beverage to give that "spare some booze" bum, I think all the secrets of Act I will have been revealed.

Hmm actually, to the question "Where's Albin?" and "Do you hate all humans?" I can't get Abi to answer more than "Yes, you don't know what it's like living here..." etc. But nothing about poisons or cures. :( I'm starting to think those lines are gone in EE anyway.

Poquers said:
Hmm actually, to the question "Where's Albin?" and "Do you hate all humans?" I can't get Abi to answer more than "Yes, you don't know what it's like living here..." etc. But nothing about poisons or cures. :( I'm starting to think those lines are gone in EE anyway.
The poisons and cures line may be in the end of chapter conversation with her. I don't remember.

I think it's not in the dialogue. It's in the characters entry for Abigail, that she sells herbs to villagers but faces much hostility. Also, the villagers tell, that Abigail sells some ointments.

Top Bottom