[ACT I] How do I beat ozzrel?

+
[ACT I] How do I beat ozzrel?

The game has been great so far but for some reason I just cannot beat Ozzrel ???How on earth do you guys get past this one? I've tried stocking up on all potions, stunning him, but it makes no difference, I get killed in no time. Very frustrating, the game was flowing well until this guy and now I'm stuck :( Please help me move on from here ;D

Ozrel was one of the tougher bastards in Ch 1. You need to have Necrophage oil on your sword, that way you do double normal damage to him. Use the strong style (need to have lv 2 in that) and hit him with one combo, then dodge backward before he can hit you. Rinse and repeat. If you get hit and take a lot of damagem run like a rabbit for a while so your swallow potion wil heal you. If you want, you can use a nigredo blizzard potion (made with celandine and ghoul blood) so yu will be faster and do more damage (dominant nigredo effect). DO NOT try to stand toe to toe with Ozzrel, because that contest you will lose.

I used Igni + Strong, the trick is to let him come to you. Do NOT under any circumstances back him into a corner, or you'll end up on the receiving end of his knockdown attack and free bitchslaps afterward.

I presume this was the creature in the crypt? he was one tough guy, the last hit was or he or I would drop dead. I won :pMaybe stun him? ond otherwhise a blizzard and a swallow will probably do the trick. If you are not strong enough yet: return later if you can and do other side quest first

Alghouls are more or less immune to stun and Ozzrel is twice as tough as the regular alghouls in Ch 2. In Ch 2 you do have a silver sword, which does more damage to them, but even then the difference is noticeable. With Ozzrel, any additional opponents would be deadly. For comparison, on hard difficulty in Ch 2 I fought four alghouls and two ghouls simultaneously with no potions and no necrophage oil and killed them before the health was halfway down. Granted, lv 3 strength, but that's just 75 more vitality than with lv 2.

I used strong silver sword with necrophage oil and Geralt wasn't really in danger. I think he used a swallow maybe. The only problem was the other ghul mob, lurk them away, kill them without drawing Ozzrel's attention.

The easiest way to beat Ozzy: Igni kiting. He's quite slow, so you can Igni him once or even twice when you just find him, and hopefully it'll start Incineration, and then just run like hell. When he stops burning, reapply Igni. He'll either collapse eventually or end up with a sliver of health. Not very heroic, sure, but it gets the job done.

Assuming you put points in signs, of course...I figured the second time I play the game through (yeah, right, still at beginning of Ch 3), I'd take a more sign-focused upgrade path. Right now it's been a straight up hack-kill-slay-mutilate approach, which has worked well.

Well maybe I just luck but here's how I killed him....First try I was using no potions at all ( except for cat to see in the dark ) and he killed me very quick because this damn monster can knock you down very easily and then he attacks you in the ground taking a very high % of your health....Second try, I used swallow, already prepared for a tough fight, and when he charged i used aard and killed him with OCE strike !!! I swear ! Of course I noticed he was much more than a regular ghoul but when I read here how strong was this monster and his resistance to signs I couldn't believe how lucky I was...well but if aard hadn't worked out as planned I would try to use tawny oil and keep pushing him with igni and running ( with swallow ) like hell to recover my health, and then strike him with strong style !!!Hope this helps

I had trouble with this bast-*mumble* too. Took me a few tries to get him, but I whacked him - nice trophy too ;) I didn't use necrophage oil - actually, I don't think I've ever used an oil before :-\ ... Anyway, I downed a Swallow, and said hello to the place of power just out the front before I went down there, then used strong style to bash him and aard/igni to shove the bugger back so I could get some health back. I think I went through a few bottles of water too - where I got them all from, I don't know, but I used a lot of them down there - saved me Tawny Owl for later ;D

SilverGryphon said:
II think I went through a few bottles of water too - where I got them all from, I don't know, but I used a lot of them down there - saved me Tawny Owl for later ;D
There are a whole bunch of bottles of water in Kaer Morhen, so if you loot the whole place you end up with five or six or so.

PlatinumVanguard said:
http://files.filefront.com/Ozzrelavi/;10180461;/fileinfo.htmlEnjoy.
well done

That damn Alghoul killed me twice in a row until I got rather fortunate and Aard stunned him enough for Geralt to deal out a nice Coup-de-Grace (just seemed to be one big slash though rather than anything spectacular. I did Igni him first but I think that just annoyed him or helped him build up an appetite. The necrophage oil didn't seem overly effective either; if Ozzrel could speak he probably just say it made his skin tingly.Is there anything you can do when Ozzrel and his kin start munching on your insides? I was expecting to find some instructions of the 'waggle your joystick/press button repeatedly' type but Geralt seemed content to just lie there and take it like a man before eventually getting back up. And am I right in thinking that while chewing on your innards, the Alghoul is regenerating his own health?

every flesh eater and blood drinker will regenerate after feasting on you.there are hundreds of ways to make a proper fighting with enemies in witcher. the game is so easy that you dont have to use 90% of geralt's true potential.let me list just a few of them against necrophages to illustrate wide range of possibilities:1) so, you attack strong enemies with strong swords style? take a few hits with fast style to inflict critical effect: pain, then continue with strong. pain reduces enemy defense and accuracy, you wont be hit that often. reapply pain after 1-2 full strong attack sequence2) you can kill enemies with just dot (damage over time) effects. ignite him, hit him with strong style and watch him bleed and burn. you dont have to melee him then3) use places of power and focus stones. increased sign strength saves life sometimes although i dont like aard because its overpowered and unbalanced4) necrophage oil works very well. you just dont seem to notice because you are being eaten alive :p. at low levels you are doing low damage so +100% dmg is hardly noticed. +100% from base 4 damage is nothing. +100% from 20 damage or higher is great. alghoul has 250 hp5) you are knocked down or stunned? starting from act 2 use black blood potion http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Blood or willow potion http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Willow6) starting from act 2, quen + yrden signs combination is underestimated. well developed yrden is a HUGE debuff to opponents7) starting from act 2, use quen before drinking potions8) once you start meleeing enemy you are not glued to him. dont hesitate to run a bit to regain health and energy. in game geralt is almost godlike, in books he faught monsters 1v19) while attacking with group style, face weakest enemy. you'll reach others with your sword but you wont be reached by stronger opponents10) be mobile on the battlefield. enemies have almost 100% chance to hit you from behind. avoid being surrounded, jump, run.

Cheers.Think I need to brush up on my combat skills and be more manouvrable. Generally I've favoured the stand still and take the initiative and then chop and slash like crazy and use Aard if possible to knock 'em down or stun 'em and then do the critical finish thing.To tell truth don't think I really understand how the upgradable combat talents in the hero bit work with actual use in combat. Yes as my Geralt levels up and I assign them he seems to do more if time the clicks right but I don't really know what that has to do with the talents I assigned.I guess the necrophage oil helped but then I was using a spare Temerian blade with it (my witcher blade was still covered in Spector oil after meeting 'Leo') and noticed even the normal ghouls seemed to survive longer if I didn't Aard 'em.

Top Bottom