[Act I] Is Abigail bad and guilty?

+
Seeker said:
It more of a matter of the Lesser Evil
If it comes to that, I vote, kill snowwhite. ;)Personally, in the few runthroughs I have done, I've never felt comfortable leaving Abigail to the villagers wrath. I perfectly see that each side could be guilty and/or a combination of both. However, I also believe in situations affecting behaviour and numerous chances.That means the next time, Abigail will burn :evil:p.s. Did anybody else think of The Crucible when hearing the name Abigail?

TheSilver said:
Personally, in the few runthroughs I have done, I've never felt comfortable leaving Abigail to the villagers wrath. I perfectly see that each side could be guilty and/or a combination of both. However, I also believe in situations affecting behaviour and numerous chances.That means the next time, Abigail will burn :evil:
Nevertheless... I will never let her burn because I don't like fanatics and mob law, especially when they have their skeleton in the closet... as Seeker says.

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Personally, in the few runthroughs I have done, I've never felt comfortable leaving Abigail to the villagers wrath. I perfectly see that each side could be guilty and/or a combination of both. However, I also believe in situations affecting behaviour and numerous chances.That means the next time, Abigail will burn :evil:
Nevertheless... I will never let her burn because I don't like fanatics and mob law, especially when they have their skeleton in the closet... as Seeker says.
I'm With Petra on this I will never let her burn as well for the same reasons as well I dont like Zealot for the most part they get everyone killed but themselves .

Seeker said:
Seeker said:
Seeker said:
That means the next time, Abigail will burn :evil:
I'm With Petra on this I will never let her burn as well...for the same reasons as well I dont like Zealot for the most part they get everyone killed but themselves .
The Only reason I'd let her burn is to see how it happens and check the consequences. Why would you do something over again that you know is wrong?? :whatthe:It's complete foolishness hidden as Nonsense... :whistle:

@ 56236That is easy you forget one of the old unwritten rules of PRGing :angel:We put a bit of oneself into a char :D

Yes... call me stubborn but I can't stand hypocrisy and I don't like all against one discrepancy. I know the consequences because I read it here... okay, okay, I didn't experienced it but I don't mind... in this case.

OK, I have a silly question for someone who's played as much as me. But, I've also read soo much that I'm confused on this now.
The Beast was brought by evil deeds. Ok thus far.There was suspicion of Abigail or the Villagers doing them. Still Ok.The talk went by alternating Mikul, Odo & Haren - each had a story, but Haren's didn't involve Abigail as influence. Was that bogus?I also don't believe these might have been enough evil deeds. I think The MOB were all evil, because:...The Innkeeper mentioned that the Reverends words forced them to cleanse their homes of evil. As in: banish or kill even relatives?So, Reverend also contributed with Carmen if I understand correctly.
Please, correct me if I'm wrong as I feel my head about to pop from my overloaded work and trying to concentrate on these intertwined series of event. :peace:

i see the same lead up as you do 56236 and i've played the game 30 times and tried every path combination i can think of :peace:

Hello everyone, i just went trough the 14 pages, and I just suscribed here today :)I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) something was not said about the reverend and his outcasting of his own daughter :In the epilogue...
...if Geralt has killed Vincent the werewolf, we find Carmen one last time at the safe house where she again calls the witcher a bastard for killing the only person she ever loved. She then reveals the story of how she became a Viziman ******. She was raped by Mikul and his fellow guards, which is how she got pregnant. That pregnancy caused her father, the Reverend, to throw her out onto the streets leaving her few options. She also refers to the Reverend as the "plowing Reverend", so there is even some suggestion of sexual abuse at the hands of her own father. If Geralt apologises for killing Vincent, she tells him that she may forgive him someday, but not today.
It brings also light on Mikul, as it makes the rape of Ilsa (even more) possibleKnowing that Mikul is under the Reverend's orders, and how close they are to each other, and how they threw out "filthy" people, he even might ASKED Mikul and his guards to rape her, to make her pregnent, and have an excuse for throwing her out. Of course, he could also say "I raped my daughter, she is filthy" but he then would have lost all credibility and maybe got executed. Also, that makes us believe the reverend might have done more than just beating Alvin in the closet, which is maybe why he is so messed up in the future...
and i'm not only talking about the Shani part where Geralt is drunk...but the REAL future if you know what I mean
What I (used to ?) believe is that the mob went out to seek Abigail, and that the beast feasted out their corpses... but how could the beasts / the Beast burn houses down ? Why would EVERYBODY go out ? AT NIGHT ? Why does the Grandmother still lives ? >

Abigail is innocent if we are to believe the Lady of the Lake.If you let her die, when doing the Noon wraith quest, you learn you can't do more for the wraith yourself because you have blood on your hands. You must seek the old withc or the lady of the lake to find a way to help. The lady says you can't because you've got an innocent's blood on your hands, and that person is Abigail.However, if you save Abigail, the old witch conveniently dies before you reach the village, while if you let Abigail burn, the witch is still alive. So, how does the old witch die when Abigail survives? The only thing you learn is from Abigail herself, who says the old hag died before she arrived, but we know she wouldn't die if Abigail did.So, unless we make the ridiculous assumption that this is all a game and for game design reasons the witch had to live, it seems to me that Abigail is innocent of the Beast but if you save her, she probably murders the old witch to take her place.

Old witch dying? Convenience of the game to find a spot for Abigail. I don't think murder & Abigail were involved. Who knows? :hmmm:

Don't think so, peasants say that the old healer died during last winter and no one took her place, until Abigail cameI think it's just a game conveniance. Or that if Abigail don't come, they fetch the first healer they find, even if it's an old hag xD

LDiCesare said:
So, unless we make the ridiculous assumption that this is all a game and for game design reasons the witch had to live, it seems to me that Abigail is innocent of the Beast but if you save her, she probably murders the old witch to take her place.
I don't think so ;) It would make the story needlessly complex. If Abigail murdered the Murky Waters old witch we would all wonder: for what purpose? What's so special about Murky Waters to became the village's witch/healer? :hmmm:

Enidehalas said:
Don't think so, peasants say that the old healer died during last winter and no one took her place, until Abigail cameI think it's just a game conveniance. Or that if Abigail don't come, they fetch the first healer they find, even if it's an old hag xD
Indeed it seems the most likely.

Concerning Mikul being responsible for the Rape of Ilsa - If you go back to the dialoge in the tavern; one of the Rapists makes a comment to Geralt asking if he was told to wait like the rest (or something to that effect); This leads me to believe that the leader of the rapist mob was not present yet for the rape of Shani; If the leader was NOT Mikul, who could it have been.

rhufus said:
Concerning Mikul being responsible for the Rape of Ilsa - If you go back to the dialoge in the tavern; one of the Rapists makes a comment to Geralt asking if he was told to wait like the rest (or something to that effect); This leads me to believe that the leader of the rapist mob was not present yet for the rape of Shani; If the leader was NOT Mikul, who could it have been.
My memory of the conversation is that the gang of would-be rapists was told to wait for something Salamander-related, and they decide to rape Shani to pass the time while they're waiting for whatever this other thing is. Some people would pass the time by playing cards or something, but these are professional thugs....

I don't think she is. I think the Reverend had mistaken her for an evil witch that casted devil's magic on the town. I think Abigail is fine to be honest. She doesn't look fine in her sex card though lol. :p

Bad? nah...Becides Abigail is my favorite character (together with the Fisher King)Why Abigail should be saved in my opinion.- She aswell as Geralt is an outcast- Aswell as Geralt, she is decribed as powerful/dangerous but humans/people still need her, like they need witchers.- She prefer to work alone rather than with other people just as Geralt.- She helps Geralt more than those religious fundamentalism. (which in my eyes are one of the major source of evil in this world) So... always fun to slaughter them then. :evil:- And why would her religion matter? Geralt doesn't belive, he couldn't care less in religious status. So to save a woman accused by alot of bullshit from those ignorant bastards seems like the right thing to do in my eyes. :)Becides... I love how Geralt looks right when he protects Abigail "But then I'll come back, I'll slay every liceridden pesant, anything that moves and can't climb a tree" 8)

Top Bottom