[ACT I] On meditating/resting...am I missing something?

+
[ACT I] On meditating/resting...am I missing something?

So I'm in Chapter I near Vizima and I zigged when I might have zagged and spent the night running around killing monsters. In the morning, I see the reverend and he tells me to light the five shrines. No problem...except I can't do it until it's actually night.Meanwhile, I can find no place to rest...it's 0900 and apparently I have to run around and kill time in the game until nightfall...? Serious joykill.Am I missing something? I checked out the various fires and fireplaces, but clicking on them doesn't do anything, and clicking on their owners doesn't reveal an icon.Why is meditating and resting such a hideous pain in this game?

There are fireplaces outside where you can meditate; one's between the inn and Odo's house, one's just outside the inn itself, there's another by the crypt, another by the lake, and there's probably some more scattered around the place that I can't think of. If you haven't been down the crypt yet, you'll need to find some flint to light the fireplaces so you can meditate - there should be plenty around the place, just check all the barrels :) Also, there should be other quests that you can do while you wait, instead of wasting an entire dayHope that helps!

afabbro said:
Am I missing something?
Most likely you are missing flint. At night you can light fires with igni sign.Renting a room from the Innkeeper will let you meditate too.Some people in the game will let you meditate in their house, Abigail is one of them.

Kill the time with meditating to a certain time isn't very wise ;) You can discover lot's of things in the meantime. There a plenty of quests in that chapter you can finish during daytime. If you finished them all... well, then take a nap until sunset.

Indeed. Have you talked to everyone in town at least once ? ... the only people you shouldn't bother with are the ones who present no dialogue options, if any options at all show, it's usually worth a listen / chat

nimue

Forum veteran
gamewidow said:
Indeed. Have you talked to everyone in town at least once ? ... the only people you shouldn't bother with are the ones who present no dialogue options, if any options at all show, it's usually worth a listen / chat
It may even pay to talk repeatedly to some people. Characters may offer dialog options only during certain times of the day, or based on probability. Take your time, explore everything - that's what makes much of the fascination of this game.

Top Bottom