[ACT I] Proper Burial in ACT1: Consequences for not fighting Leo?

+
[ACT I] Proper Burial in ACT1: Consequences for not fighting Leo?

In Act1 there's a quest to bury one of the merchant's friend who was eaten by the plants in a cave.Now after burying him the king of the wild hunt appears preaching about destiny.Normally you'd have to fight Leo after speaking to him, but if you choose carefully you can avoid fighting him (and miss out on one red meteorite).Now what changes is that if you don't fight Leo Alvin appears upstairs saying that the reverend tried to hit him.This is as far as I tried these choices. What else changes if you don't fight Leo?The King says that he's going to stalk you and you'd have to prove that "You'll give him something that you already have but do not expect...".

I got through that without fighting Leo as well. But now the NPC is gone for me so I can't get my reward .. Quest Tracker says he's in the inn, but that's been taken over by the Salamandra.Guess I have to find an older save?

I don't think "proper" is a good way of putting it. There's no good or wrong way of doing something. There are just consequences of your actions.

Daerdin said:
I don't think "proper" is a good way of putting it. There's no good or wrong way of doing something. There are just consequences of your actions.
Sorry, I forgot the name of the quest so I used proper burial. But anyway as I was asking: what are the consequences for not fighting Leo?

Topej said:
I got through that without fighting Leo as well. But now the NPC is gone for me so I can't get my reward .. Quest Tracker says he's in the inn, but that's been taken over by the Salamandra.Guess I have to find an older save?
You have to use older save.There's a proper order of things you have to use:1. You MUST finish this quest before you talk to the reverend about Alvin's vision about the Beast. (Causes townsfolk to disappear as well as Alvin and Abigail who go/are taken to the Cave)2. Finish the quest and collect the reward.3. Go to Abigail's hut and see if Alvin is back. If not Meditate till midnight and wait for him to return.4. Talk to the Reverend.

NobbyNobbs said:
well, you can get your reward although in chapter 2. the merchant is there, too und has another quest for you ;)
True, collecting the reward at that point is optional. Finishing the burial is not if you don't want to get bugged. ;P

I decided not to fight Leo. There seems to be a bug there - in my diary an entry about the King of the Hunt appeared and there was a statement about him sending the ghost of Leo to fight me. But he did not as I chose a different path!Things like this should be fixed.

Let me tell you a story about a man. A happily married man.One time this man had to travel to a far away location, it would take years before he'd be back home.During his travels he got into deep trouble and the devil appeared offering to help him for a price.The price was the first thing that would greet him when he'd get home.The man agreed knowing that his dog would be the first thing would greet him.When he finally got home his daughter born during his absence was the first to greet him since his dog had died last winter.

Would be interested to know if this consequence is bugged or whether there's a point for not fighting Leo.At the moment, the journal entry is incorrect if I don't fight Leo, but Alvin does appear.

When you meet The King of the wild Hunt in the Chapel crypt, is this the FIRST TIME YOU MEET HIM IN THE GAME ???Because I am very confused about the dialog when Geralts says "you again". Can someone please tell me if ypu know where to meet the KIng of the Wild Hunt before you meet him in the chapelcrypt.

wow somehow i missed this entire bit of the story.. i didn't have any sort of burial quest in act1 nor did i see or fight leo...

This is the ONLY quest I didn't complete in Act 1 and I am well into Act 2 (swamps, etc) so there's no way I'm going back for it. I hope I didn't break the game or anything or it's not a major consequences/choice that plays out later in the game.

Daerdin said:
You sound like you are trying to associate a video game cookie philosophy with real life. :p

Yeah, he runs Geralt down in the beginning. and the conversation you have with him doesn't play out until way WAY later.

Does anyone have any new insight into this?Wondering if I should fight that guy Leo, or answer the questions "properly" so I wont?

The only difference is that you don't fight Leo's ghost and therefore don't get the Red Meteorite and the xp. Alvin's getting hit by the Reverend has nothing to do with it and can happen anyway provided you visit Abigail and Reverend at the right times. That doesn't change any outcomes either.Cheers! :)

Top Bottom