[ACT I] Salamandra Hideout

+
[ACT I] Salamandra Hideout

Im stuck on chapter 1, can someone give me some advice please. I have got to the part where you enter the hut and get beaten up by the gang. I am not strong enough to win this fight. I have not got any swallow pots left. I am lvl 8 at the moment. What is way to go here, All the characters have gone missing now so noone to talk to about it. Can i make some swallow pots, will this help, where do I get the ingrediants for the Rebis. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE. Thaks in advance. ;D

If you check your journal there is "ingredients" wich gives you all info where to harvest your stuff.You a sign when you enter the hideout, Aard or Igni. You groupstyle and if handy... use a whetstone on your blade.

Well, here's how I did it at level 8, if this helps:First, run to the nearest Place of Power if you put a bronze in the appropriate skill and perform the Ritual of Magic - it boosts your Aard sign for 4 hours which is plenty of time. If you haven't got this skill yet, you can alternatively run to the Circle of Windy Elements, which is weaker and only lasts an hour but it should help.Next, take out the two charmers outside the door, then wait until your health has gone back up - don't use Swallow, because you don't want to OD on potions for the actual fight!Save!Use a whetstone on your sword and take the Blizzard potion. Set your sword to Group Style. You could also take a Swallow Potion here too if you're nervous about the battle, but bear in mind it'll jack up your toxicity levels.Charge on in there and whack an Aard sign out. Attack the minions whilst it's recharging, and in between fighting keep whacking out the Aard as soon as your Endurance is high enough to do so. Hope this helps!

Maerahn sez: Well, here's how I did it at level 8, if this helps:First, run to the nearest Place of Power if you put a bronze in the appropriate skill and perform the Ritual of Magic - it boosts your Aard sign for 4 hours which is plenty of time. If you haven't got this skill yet, you can alternatively run to the Circle of Windy Elements, which is weaker and only lasts an hour but it should help.Next, take out the two charmers outside the door, then wait until your health has gone back up - don't use Swallow, because you don't want to OD on potions for the actual fight!Save!Use a whetstone on your sword and take the Blizzard potion. Set your sword to Group Style. You could also take a Swallow Potion here too if you're nervous about the battle, but bear in mind it'll jack up your toxicity levels.Charge on in there and whack an Aard sign out. Attack the minions whilst it's recharging, and in between fighting keep whacking out the Aard as soon as your Endurance is high enough to do so. Hope this helps!
Doesn't help AT ALL! You can't chose to arm a weapon unless you're under attack. and the same goes for assigning signs! That was my problem on EASY, and now it's frikkin WORSE than ever! (If there is some way to arm without being under any threat at all, NOBODY has pointed out HOW to do that!)Would someone PLEASE tell us all how to beat these guys! The way it's going with having just started INTERMEDIATE, it's obviously going to be way too difficult to beat the Beast. I can't believe that a gang of six guys could so severely trounce me. There's no way to lure them outside, no way to enter without immediately having more that 50% of your vitailty sucked away. I've tried clearing some space with AARD, tried frying them with IGNI, but even with taking SWALLOW plus TAWNY OWL I lose precious seceonds just getting my sword up plus more to chose style and a sign!This is what I mean when I complain that the game balance is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off!

There is a Circle of Windy Wanderer and Place of Power closeby.Use both before you go in and buy the Stun talent in Aard.With a tawny owl it shouldn't be too hard.Whoever gets stunned when you cast Aard make sure you quickly take that guy out with coup de grace.Going at night can let you adjust settings before you go in, but I think inside the hut is considered safe and makes you sheath your sword on entry.Remember you can do things while paused, like choosing signs and weapons.

MR said:
Going at night can let you adjust settings before you go in, but I think inside the hut is considered safe and makes you sheath your sword on entry.
Yes. That's one alternative to arm Geralt before he enters a dangerous house or hideout. At least it worked for me... when I finally found out ;D Until that illuminating moment e.g. I was desperately trying to get access to Ramsmeat house but the goon didn't let Geralt in and he couldn't attack them.... because he was there during daytime.

MR said:
There is a Circle of Windy Wanderer and Place of Power closeby.Use both before you go in and buy the Stun talent in Aard.Remember you can do things while paused, like choosing signs and weapons.
WHAT??? Why didn't anyone TELL me that?? Is that in the Manual?Now that I know that I can chose stuff while paused, this is going to be MUCH easier - thank you! I have the STUN and KNOCKDOWN adds on AARD as well.I had been considering going at night, but was worried about arriving weakened by encounters with Barghests beforehand - one or two isn't a problem, but they've been attacking me in packs. It's BUTT KICKING TIME!!

As usual, I missed that one! I'm such a chowder head sometimes! Anywho, using the above advice made elimiting the Salamandra in the hideout MUCH easier! Thanx for the heads up, M.R.!So... question...when does the BEAST appear for the last confrontation? What triggers it? I have only the CAVE BENEATH THE WALLS left to do.

mikaldhuber said:
As usual, I missed that one!I'm such a chowder head sometimes!
You missed it twice, and yes, it seems you are. ;DPlease remember that before you go on another rant about how difficult / unbalanced the game is. :whistle:

Stick your head in a forge, MPetros! The game IS unbalanced, many, many people have said so - why ELSE is RED releasing an ENHANCED EDITION?Why bother even hitting REPLY if you aren't being anything but argumentative and condescending?

I don't think that MPetros dealt out a blow to you but to the fact that the game still has some glitches... that's how I got his message ;D

mikaldhuber said:
So... question...when does the BEAST appear for the last confrontation? What triggers it? I have only the CAVE BENEATH THE WALLS left to do.
By the cave beneath the walls you mean the quest to find the merchants lost friend yes? You can finish it but maybe miss some parts due to how far you've advanced the main quest.Your next step in finding the Beast is going through the trapdoor in the floor of the Salamandra hideout.

PetraSilie said:
I don't think that MPetros dealt out a blow to you but to the fact that the game still has some glitches... that's how I got his message ;D
Petra, I was attempting to get mikaldhuber to think before he continued to rant, and post argumentative and condescending remarks as he has done in several other topics.I'm sure Seeker will not be so amused at this.
PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
how do I get spector oil he says that he don't have oil making abilties yetPlease help
you can buy it off Abigail
And just WHEN am I supposed to DO that? It's hardfly helpful to remind us of what we should have or could have done!
I have read too many posts where he has not only been short tempered concerning game play, but has taken to becoming more disrespectful toward posters as well. However, his last post addressing me only shows me that he is probably 15 yrs. old, rather than the 51 he claims.He will not be getting any future help form me.

to M.R, (and others interested)
you can still finish leuvaarden's dead friend quest in Act II so it is worthwhile getting the skull from the echinops cave

gamewidow said:
to M.R, (and others interested)
you can still finish leuvaarden's dead friend quest in Act II so it is worthwhile getting the skull from the echinops cave
But this is only possible if you also buried his friend in the sarcophagus? This means that it's worth it only if you can talk to the reverend.

Top Bottom