[ACT I] Silver Sword

+
[ACT I] Silver Sword

So far, I do not have a Silver Sword. I am still in Chapter One! What are my options for getting one at this stage of game?

None, there isn't a silver sword in chapter one, you won't be able to obtain one utill chapter 2 ;)

You will encounter some supernatural enemies in Act 1 but you can defeat them with your steel sword and applying some extras...Necrophage oil vs Drowners and Ghouls,Spectre oil vs Barghets (though I would keep that oil for your final fight with the Beast)nothing vs the Echinops plants...*er* strong style is the best plus (!) fire damage from a torch or your Igni sign

PetraSilie said:
You will encounter some supernatural enemies in Act 1 but you can defeat them with your steel sword and applying some extras...Necrophage oil vs Drowners and Ghouls,Spectre oil vs Barghets (though I would keep that oil for your final fight with the Beast)nothing vs the Echinops plants...*er* strong style is the best plus (!) fire damage from a torch or your Igni sign
umm...you can also make spectre oil if you can, so no worries to use the one you get free :)echinops HATE the torch, nothing else is needed against those :beer:

Yes you can make Spectre Oil but that early in the game other talents (fighting + attributes) have priority... imo... and later I will spend one valuable talent in oil making ;)

PetraSilie said:
Yes you can make Spectre Oil but that early in the game other talents (fighting + attributes) have priority... imo... and later I will spend one valuable talent in oil making ;)
interestingly the first things i improved were the ones needed to be able to have herbalism and oil creation, i left bombs out, but i also had no use for the signs too much, i nearly always only used group style, i simply like that the most, and till now i never had a problem with a good group style against anythingi think you yourself decide priorities, and you get a bronze point freely anyway

Yes, this wasn't supposed to be law but my opinion ;D Sure herbalism and oil preparing are very important. I unlock herbalism as soon as possible to have access to the basics. But for oil knowledge I used a talent in Act 2.

I picked oil preparation in Ch 1 because necrophage oil comes in real handy in the crypt and specter oil against the Beast (though you can buy one vial from Abigail). Herbalism is also a must in my opinion, because then you can get things going. And you can make money selling some herbs too if you end up with more than you need.Oil prep isn't so necessary in Ch 2 (haven't needed it yet, anyway) because the silver sword and the combat styles make short work of most monsters.

You don't need bombs in later chapters if you're strong in Group Style. Plus it's much more fun to use just the sword and see those heads flying. :)

Planewalker said:
You don't need bombs in later chapters if you're strong in Group Style. Plus it's much more fun to use just the sword and see those heads flying. :)
I often use the bomb that stuns people, just for the sheer joy of pulling out finishing moves. But it's true, they're not very useful.

RykNiedwiedzia said:
I often use the bomb that stuns people, just for the sheer joy of pulling out finishing moves.
Can you pull more than one finishing move during the duration of the "group stun"? I never seem to be able to... I'm always half a second short. :(

Planewalker said:
Can you pull more than one finishing move during the duration of the "group stun"? I never seem to be able to... I'm always half a second short. :(
You can't, but it has an advantage over Aard that nobody will stab you in the back when you're trying to pull it and spoil the fun.

If you upgrade your Aard enough, you'll be able to cast it over a 360° radius, so no backstabbing there ;D

Well, there is another advantage to the bombs - they let you use up some of those ingredients, which by the end of Chapter II already number in the low millions.

I have a novice question. I am trying to equip the torch and it won't let me. What do I do to use the torch. its in my inventory but it won't equip. Thanks for the tip on fighting the plants. Happy gaming all!!

@wolf31 If your char is holding a sword you cant equip the touch.If you look on the left hand side of your HUD you will see what sword you have as well as dagger and there should be a touch there as well if you have it equipped on your char person. Click on the touch and that will equip it you cant fight with the touch as well as you wold with a sword

Top Bottom