[ACT I] The Beast - Game difficulty

+
[ACT I] The Beast - Game difficulty

Is anyone else stuck here? I think I'd be alright if had more Swallow potions and ive tried Buzz but just can't beat him. Loaded an older save and tried to figure out the Alchemy thing with no luck. I like the game and want to keep playing, but hate getting stuck like this. Any sugestions?

Try using the Aard sign on it. With a bit of luck you may stun the Beast! Other than that, Geralt should be about level 9 at this stage. I think many players have problems with the Beast because they haven't done all the side-quests in the outskirts and are too low level when they get to this fight.Cheers! :)

One person remarked that the Beast sends out a PAIN aura that causes you to be stunned. It so happens Geralt has an ability to makes him immune to pain with (increased damage but less dodge/parry) while intoxicated with alcohol. Never tried but that may work too.

nereng said:
Try using the Aard sign on it. With a bit of luck you may stun the Beast! Other than that, Geralt should be about level 9 at this stage. I think many players have problems with the Beast because they haven't done all the side-quests in the outskirts and are too low level when they get to this fight.Cheers! :)
Yeah, I had the same problem. I was not at a high enough level, so this was a very tough fight for me. I finally ended up beating it by running in circles a lot and focusing on The Beasts' spawned minions. Just try to use short attacks on the minions, then when your vitality gets low, run around the area in a broad circle until your vitality increases...repeat. It makes for a long battle that you will probably have to endure several times, but it may be your only option if you're not at a high enough level.

topofsteel said:
Is anyone else stuck here? I think I'd be alright if had more Swallow potions and ive tried Buzz but just can't beat him. Loaded an older save and tried to figure out the Alchemy thing with no luck. I like the game and want to keep playing, but hate getting stuck like this. Any sugestions?
Use the search function.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2424.0orhttp://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=4385.0orhttp://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=5069.0This is hopeless. What a mess.

Those threads have nice tips, but methinks a little information overload.Here's how I beat the Beast on hard.Buy 1 Spectre Oil from AbigailHave these talents: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 2, Intelligence 2, Strong Steel 2, Crushing Blow 2, Aard 2, StunApply Spectre Oil to sword before leaving cave.Soon as fight starts, target the Beast with Strong Steel, and get it to about 50% health.Cast Aard, which will almost certainly stun it.Whack it.

All I did was drink a potion right at the battle starts, which I can't remember what it was called. It caused my Vitality to regernate faster.Then I ran around once so all the...uh...green dogs followed me and then ran at them with Group Style and took them all out in two swings. Then I switched to strong style and attacked The Beast head on, got him down to about half life in 6 or 7 hits. Then I blasted him with Aard and he was stunned, so I finished him off with one hit.That was my 6th try at it. The first 5 tries I didn't drink any potions at all.Another problem people may be running into is that they are allocating their bronze talents in bad ways. Obviously some set ups are going to work a lot better than others.

topofsteel said:
Swallow --> Need only 1 potion to keep your health up during the fight. It only ACCELERATES the regeneration of the character vitality, it doesn't add up (later on you will have White Raffard Decortion to do the job, well, not before act III) Tawny Owl --> Why the hell didn't you use this wonderful potion ??? With this you can continuously casting sign up on the creatures. Aard Sign to knock them up when they gang up on you and Igni sign to do the damage. Don't just rely on the sword to do the fight.Here the strategy U might find useful.- Quick drink potion when the fight begins (1 Swallow + 1 Tawny Owl)- Start running around, don't stay & fight (don't run into the flame circle, it will burn and stop Geralt)- Don't try to confront the BEAST along with his barghest. Running around and cast Igni sign on the horde and let Incirenation effect lower down their hit points, then use the group style to finish them of. After that use Aard on the BEAST, knock him off and start slashing him.- The best chance you can have is to STUN the Beast and finish him off in 1 slash, but this rarely happens and only work if you put the talent point in to CHANCE OF CAUSING STUN in the Aard level tree.

He only uses pain when you combo your attacks. Just do the first attack sequence, then Aard (to see if you stun him) or retreat if you're lacking endurance. Repeat this and eventually he'll get stunned and you can finish him off.

That's what I like about this game. Lots of different ways to skin a cat...errr....kill a dog. This game does reward thinking and experimentation. I'm enjoying that for a welcome change.

I was unable to beat The Beast on Hard if I only had Abigail by my side.So I was forced to hand her over to the mob (though I morally agreed with that, I did want to save her for, let's say, "personal" reasons ;))A game bug stripped me of all my potion effects after the Cave Cutscene whenever I got through it (but the Toxicity was still in effect... damn), so my only chance was to hastily drink Tawny Owl and Swallow (didn't even know Abi had Specter Oil available! That would have been MUCH easier then!) and fight a brutal fight against the barghests and The Beast.Took me at least 10 attempts (frustrating because of the lengthy, unskippable dialogue preceding the fight...), but it was ever more satisfying once I finally killed it.

The beast can be one tough doggy...I beat it by maxing my ard sign, and stunning him. Afer that the fight was easy and Abby survived even.

Top Bottom