[ACT I] the beast help

+
MR said:
lol @ people waiting out the cutscene each attempt.try using the esc key.
Yes, of course if you have already viewed the cutscene you can press ESC and then F5 to save.

Just to write that i'am very desapointed by this unbalanced game - I have tried dozen times to kill the beast and I'am disgusted, even if the story seems good and the quality of the engine is good too . No way to change difficulty level during game - several times in the game, you are pushed to combat directly after long cutscenes and directly after the game "freeze" whereas the boss attack you - take time to prepare your weapon. I do not know if there is a lottery, but the stunt does not seem to work for me. It is particularly boring to reload saved game many times (and how it is !), cutscenes etc etc I wonder how many gamers have stopped the game here and will buy any extension of the game.

furious-2 said:
Just to write that i'am very desapointed by this unbalanced game - I have tried dozen times to kill the beast and I'am disgusted, even if the story seems good and the quality of the engine is good too . No way to change difficulty level during game - several times in the game, you are pushed to combat directly after long cutscenes and directly after the game "freeze" whereas the boss attack you - take time to prepare your weapon. I do not know if there is a lottery, but the stunt does not seem to work for me. It is particularly boring to reload saved game many times (and how it is !), cutscenes etc etc I wonder how many gamers have stopped the game here and will buy any extension of the game.
If you're playing on hard difficulty:
You'll need all bronze talents for Aard. As soon as you're transported to the showdown, immediately face the beast and blast him with Aard plus a finishing move and he'll go down. You don't need any potions or blade grease.
As for cutscenes that you have already viewed, just press ESC quickly followed by F5 to interrupt the movie and save your position.

Hey do you remember when I think it's the Priest who says "If you talk to the beast you will weaken the beast"And later on if you visit Abigail in her cabin about the beast she gives you five options which references words that you would say to the beast.If you choose the right word she says "Your correct"Does anybody remember this?Does it have any effect on the aftermath of fighting the beast.I was just wondering if making the right choices actually make fighting easier.Myself I have got up to Act 3 now so thinking back to act 1 is a bit hard when it took me a while to get through act 2 with all those side quests.But I'm loving this game and people here still complain about 'The Beast'.I have to admit I haven't played on the hardest difficulty and fighting the beast was tough the first time but once I learned by attack combo's I managed to dispatch the Barghest first with group style then fast style on a single barghest and then strong style with the beast himself.But I did take about 1-2 swallow potions in between running for my life with when my life line was low.I notice two on harder difficulty levels the cursor doesn't give you the flaming sword signals when to strike your sword for the next set of combo attacks.I found listening to the sound of your sword gives a swish sound as he slashes he's sword in a cross motion with he's wrist as though it's cutting the air giving you the key thats the end of one sequence.On easy mode and when first playing it I found out this the hard way I didn't realise listening to your sword was the also a key to attack sequence...I was too busy trying to look for the flaming sword cursor everytime.But if on hard modes you have no cursor signal and attack sequences are brief and Bosses are stronger I can see why it's harder.But I guess we can't make fun of people who have tried Hard mode then.Since I'm playing through the first time I can select easy mode but later I will see what hard mode is like.

MaskedReaper said:
Does anybody remember this?
Yes, I remember the little quiz.
Does it have any effect on the aftermath of fighting the beast.
No, unfortunately not. Perhaps the devs had intended so but never finished that or decided to do it another way.

Yeah thought so...but it did make you think that if you tried talking to the beast you will weaken it.Shealth sword and tries talking to the beast as it comes running at you with its brethren and starts to tear your flesh with each bite. :dead:Well it was worth a try...even though you look like a idiot for trying and end up dead.Well I just killed the priest afterwards for giving me that message WHEN IT DIDN'T WORK...so take that stupid priest.I think that line just made the story about the beast sound interesting.I have to admit you get a lot of vocal choices in the game that actually do nothing but I guess it just how characters re-act to your words I guess.Some people get offended easier and say Shove off or go away or something even nastier depend on the choice of words you choose in the game.But some choices are very important which is story involvement which I find hard to find the deference between 'just conversation' and 'critical choices that affect the quests.'I find the witcher can be confusing sometimes when you don't know what you say can affect storyline or not.

MaskedReaper said:
I find the witcher can be confusing sometimes when you don't know what you say can affect storyline or not.
Which is a very nice feature I think, as it makes the game more interesting and you tend to be more careful and consistent with your words in all circumstances. You build the character to have a set or moral standards and start to stick to it because of this.

The Aard trick really works, at least on Normal Difficulty. After the massive headache that damned Beast gave me, to see it done so easily. I might have cried if I wasnt' so giddy to have killed the thrice-cursed thing.

Barachiel said:
The Aard trick really works, at least on Normal Difficulty. After the massive headache that damned Beast gave me, to see it done so easily. I might have cried if I wasnt' so giddy to have killed the thrice-cursed thing.
Works just as well on hard difficulty. And after getting killed DOZENS of times myself, I know just how you feel, lol.

The puzzle is from Greek mythology . But corect answer changes nothig . Actually the whole trick is that the Beast is imune to magic (acording to Berengar's notes and the puzzle ) until you found who is responsable for it's creation . When you found responsable and side either with Abigail or the peasents you can kill it . Also I think that Abigail was trying to call on yout witchers neutrality so you will judge fairly . And for Beast use aerd sign , swalow , tawny oil ,

aaagh! playing through 4th time... on hard. This mthrfkn fleabag is kicking my ass this time!!! Blood pressure climbing..... :wall: :wall: :wall:

seems i'm not the only one having issues with this beast. after several tries resulting in failure, it really makes me want to just uninstall the game. the game was easy as pie up til now, where no matter what i try i get stunned and die, not able to do much of anything. if i wanted this, i'd go back to playing world of warcraft and pvp rogues.to the game developers: this quest is apparently a major issue, since so many people are having serious problems with it. perhaps more forethought should have been put into the mechanics of the fight.

Oh, The Beast...When I first played the game on normal difficulty level I had some trouble killing this son of a... she-dog :) That was because I didn't use my swordstyles properly. When I realized what was wrong, the Beast was beaten in no time with group + power style and spectre oil.As for hard difficulty settings, I just switched to the F1 camera mode and imagined myself playing Diablo II or Titan Quest :D Click on the ground - run there. You can see the whole battlefield. First of all you'll need some spectre oil - you can grease your sword in the cave. As for elixirs - one Swallow is more than enough. Signs are optional. Make sure you're level 9-10 before triggering the final quest. Kill minor barghests using group style, then switch to power style (despite tactical recommendations in your diary). Doing so I killed six barghests in two moves, switched to power style, got stunned, swithed to group style, then to power again and disemboweled the wee beastie. I even didn't have to run around in order to regain health - just watched my back.As for the hard difficulty combat, I don't even notice orange weapon trails - just click rhythmically. It all comes with practice 8)

nonentity said:
I never had any problem whatsoever with the Beast.Oo Always stunned it, instant-kill, no problem.
I bet u play it on easy/normal.. it doesn't work on hard difficultyanyway i found the Beast one of the most challenging bosses...

Max out the Arid sign.Got kill bandits (in front of door and in hut)DO NOT GO TO CAVE YET.Run to cave (from above ground) and get the "Wind" Stone and Mediate at the place of power.This gives like 50% +100% to signs power.goto hut then cave, kill guys, talk to Abigail.Before you go outside:Eat Food/drinkTake SwallowSpecter Oil on BladeSAVE :)go though cut scene.Pause, take BlizzardCharge up Aired Sign ALL THE WAYThis will stun beast.Coup de graeKill Villagers or whatever.

I happen to have a video of me killing the Beast on hard mode if anyone would like to see it, I can probably upload it somewhere.Also, I recently restarted the game and tried killing the Beast. The trick is to use a combination of Aard, group, and fast styles. I did this with a swallow at most, since I'm very stingy about using my potions and oils. The trick to fighting using the brute force method (without the specter oil or grindstone or upgraded signs) is to utilize your dodge. In OTS mode double-tapping a key is enough to get Geralt to pirouette or jump over the dogs, and they can't outrun Geralt either, so you have a speed advantage. From there you can just use Aard whenever you can to try and stun the Beast.

Aard over and over to stun and then kill it. That's what I did, each time.Also, you have to move a little. Don't stand still.

Top Bottom